Updates on progress of Melty Blood patch [2004/05/03]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Updates on progress of Melty Blood patch [2004/05/03]

Unread postby TheXev » May 3rd, 2004, 7:59 am

It?s been awhile since I?ve done an update on the progress of Melty Blood, so here is what is going on.

On the April 28th, ScriptDoc finished script 03 (Shiki losses to Sion) and has started 04 (no idea what it is yet people lol), this brings dialog translation to 93/528KB or 17.6%. Insertion still rest at 0% as I haven?t found time to seriously work on the font hack.

Today, May 3, 2004 I fixed two bugs in mb-English4a (bringing it up to English5), one was the ?Warning? message which was noted in the release of the last patch, and the other was the misspelling of ?overwrite? in the replay question. Screenshots follow.

Brought Melty Blood Trial 3 demo?s EXE up to the same level as Melty Blood?s EXE.
Currently working on ReACT demo?s EXE looking for important untranslated text.

Daichi is working on the corrections for stage select screen, and English makeovers of the MB Demo and ReACT demo?s Warning screen?s. As you can guess, I have had a change of heart over hacking the Melty Blood demo as I am sick of people asking where to download the game. I suppose it is understandable that people would want to try the game before buying (or simply leach it and not pay a cent because they are bastards >:( ).

If everything stays on track, expect the 3ed Melty Blood English patch by the end of the week (will most likely include dialog up to the point of Sion vs Shiki as a teaser [aka scripts 00 and 01), along with the Melty Blood demo and Melty Blood ReACT demo translated. Stay tuned to the main website, as we are working on a MASIVE update for all of our projects, including official announcements on what has been talked about elsewhere in the forums.

EXPECT SECRET PROJECT?S ANNOUCMNET DURING THE MASIVE NEWS POST THIS WEEK!
Last edited by TheXev on July 14th, 2005, 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby johnsgs » May 4th, 2004, 8:26 pm

This is... the best news I've heard in at least a month. I eagerly anticipate your release.
johnsgs
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » May 7th, 2004, 1:16 am

Amazing, once again I can't wait. When ReAct is released are you guys going to switch over to that, or stick with Melty Blood?
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby Soulfang » May 7th, 2004, 10:17 am

DragonNeoReborn wrote:Amazing, once again I can't wait. When ReAct is released are you guys going to switch over to that, or stick with Melty Blood?

We're doing both, I think, right Xev?
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby TheXev » May 7th, 2004, 2:23 pm

I don't know. It depends on a few factors:
1) Whether Melty Blood's story is still in ReACT (most likely)
2) Whether ReACT has a nice Windows TTF that is easier to make veritable width
3) I stop playing ReACT long enough to hack either or.

I'm still having an extreme difficulty fixing the font, I?ll drop a few screen shots of the current dialog once I get home today, and you can really see what I?m talking about.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby TheXev » May 8th, 2004, 6:32 pm

Here is a picture of the current hack:
I think it is very obvious what the problem is. If this were being generated by a True Type Font, I would have fixed it already, but since its generated from an internal file (fonts.fnt to the best of my knowledge), I am still trying to figure out where the code the font lays. If I can?t fix this issue in Melty Blood, it will make dialog between characters that actually fits near impossible.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Carbuncle » January 16th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Ermmm... sorry guys if this is not the place to, (also sorry for my english xD) but now I have only a few more seconds on internet and i could not find any topic of "thanks"... cause thats what i wanted to say xD, I just love Melty blood and the story mode seems just too juicy xD... i can wait for the translation of it, i hope your work can continue and good job there with the menues... Iam studing japanesse but with my reading speed I just get bored of the story mode 5 minutes after it began xD
Well... just that!! good luck and keep up the good job!!! :shock:
Carbuncle
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Arcueid » June 13th, 2005, 4:39 pm

I worship the work being done and i eagerly anicipate the results!
"I guess i don't like imaginary things after all."
Arcueid
Might just like this board

Unread postby Dectilon » July 8th, 2005, 12:26 pm

Hi, I just wanted to say that the story seems awsome, and I wanna know what they are saying!

Btw, are you considering to add some subtitles or something to the stuff they say at the beginning of a fight?
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » July 11th, 2005, 3:11 pm

The problem with that is, there doesn?t seem to be a way to easily do it, not the way the engine is setup, and not with the random nature of some of the things said at the beginning of some fights.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Dectilon » July 12th, 2005, 1:33 am

ic ic :)

I understand some things they say, like Shiki Nanaya "Sa koross ia o", or something like that. But... you hear that in almost any shonen anime so :)

Is there a file somewhere that just writes out what they say?
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby emperor » July 12th, 2005, 5:30 pm

Dectilon wrote: "Sa koross ia o", or something like that.

Ouch, that is screwed up to a degree that makes it impossible/hard to understand. Are you sure you do understand it? Anyways, the existance of such a file(included) is to be doubted...but some kind of japanese freak might have written them all down ;)
emperor
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Ryuusoul » July 12th, 2005, 5:41 pm

Revolve may enlist the aid of those people at Evospace's TYPE-MOON forums, The Beast's Lair at http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cg ... al&start=0.

They have already taken a lot of the opening and ending quotes and translated them. Of course, Revolve will probably modify them for standardization purposes to our translation of Melty Blood and Tsukihime. But it isn't too unlikely for a file to be made, as a lot of the work has been done.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby TheXev » July 14th, 2005, 2:32 am

I?m closing this thread and killing its sticky. There has been a ton of real progress the last few weeks, and I?ll be creating a new thread shortly to address it.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Melty Blood Chat