Need some help on the super moves

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Need some help on the super moves

Unread postby deathknight » April 7th, 2007, 3:34 pm

I've been playing Shiki Tohno a lot and I've been having some serious problems executing his Super EX. Now I know its written the controls as

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

and his super is executed 41236C during Heat or Blood Heat and I've been trying it with the keyboard keys Up, Down, Left, Right during practice but it always turns into his 623C Uppercut move instead or even his 214C Slide kick for some reason. I know its hard to use moves for 1 and 3 since my keyboard doesn't have left-down and right-down diagonal moves like the arcade stick does but it can't be impossible. Can someone playing with the keyboard give me some tips on how you press the buttons to execute this move? Do I need to just glide my fingers over the arrows Left,Down and Right to mimic the 41236 because right now I just mash the Left/Right/Down buttons as fast as I can but sometimes I hold them all down at the same time to try to do them. I also tried to quickly hold down Left, then move immediately to Down after I release Left and finally move fast to Right after relasing the Down key and pressing , (which is the C Key) but I still keep getting the uppercut and not the eyes of death super. I've been having the same trouble with Nanaya for this too.

And also to get Last Arcs do I have to press the D or . key for Shielding after I get Blood Heat or was it supposed to be a Shield bunker against an enemy attack before the Last Arc button comes up on screen to press?
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Eriol-kun » April 7th, 2007, 3:50 pm

Of course it's not impossible. I play Shiki Tohno myself, and I can't stand the idea of playing him with an Arcade stick. Well, it's possible, but meh, I feel fond of the keyboard.

I usually play with three fingers on the keyboard's arrow keys (my keyboard is a standard 4-arrow one, so I guess I'm in your same situation) when doing the 41236C Arc Drive, so it's more of a... "depress first finger, depress second finger, let go of first finger, press third finger, let go of second finger..." motion... done quickly. It doesn't have to be lighning speed by the way. It might not input it right if you do it overly fast. It's kind of like the clich?d... "drumming your fingers impatiently" thing.

The Last Arc depends on the character. For Shiki and Nanaya, they're done on the ground. Sucessfully shield an attack once (do not press the shield button repeatedly, because it will cancel, that's the first mistake anyone makes, lol) when in Blood Heat and it should automatically work. Practice with Nero as an opponent, as his long-range attacks are quite easy to read. Or try G-Akiha as a sparring opponent too.
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atvaark » April 7th, 2007, 4:33 pm

you know...Shiki Thono's special is not worth it in my opinion...it has "please block" written all over it. one of my friends that always beats the living crap out of me changed to nanaya because you can't block it. as for your keyboard problem, whenever i play on the keyboard i just make a semi circle with my fingers on the buttons. a bit hard to do, yeah, but if you go gently, you should be able to do it.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » April 7th, 2007, 4:39 pm

just takes some practice with keyboard. You should go in practise mode en practices different ways of performing the sequence, start just doing it slowly like eriol-kun said ^^

Although my best advise would be using an AC stick ^___^
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » April 8th, 2007, 11:27 am

Atvaark wrote:you know...Shiki Thono's special is not worth it in my opinion...it has "please block" written all over it. one of my friends that always beats the living crap out of me changed to nanaya because you can't block it. as for your keyboard problem, whenever i play on the keyboard i just make a semi circle with my fingers on the buttons. a bit hard to do, yeah, but if you go gently, you should be able to do it.

try throw -> arc drive....
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Shikiller » April 13th, 2007, 2:15 pm

throw -> arc drive?? i must check that.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby chocorush » April 14th, 2007, 5:59 pm

On the keyboard, tapping 4 then 2 then 6 individually is a lot more consistent than trying to roll a half-circle motion.
chocorush
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Apple » April 14th, 2007, 7:45 pm

I usually use a gamepad, but i dont mind using the keyboard sometimes.

if you need to do stuff like 41236C, eriol-kun's suggestion of "drumming your fingers impatiently" works really well, just dont press all 3 keys down...

Still though, I wouldnt like to do 1632143C with a keyboard... I can barely do it on my gamepad :)
Apple
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby puKKa » April 15th, 2007, 6:32 pm

Apple wrote:I usually use a gamepad, but i dont mind using the keyboard sometimes.

if you need to do stuff like 41236C, eriol-kun's suggestion of "drumming your fingers impatiently" works really well, just dont press all 3 keys down...

Still though, I wouldnt like to do 1632143C with a keyboard... I can barely do it on my gamepad :)

it's not like you will use kohakus injection in a real fight :P
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby marus » April 15th, 2007, 10:34 pm

it's not like you will use kohakus injection in a real fight :P

Nonsense, I've done it a couple times... against the CPU...
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Akira » April 16th, 2007, 9:46 am

As far as Shiki Tohno's arc drive goes.
Go use it while your opponent is in the corner, As they're getting up in the corner, or while they're about to use an attack, input your Arc Drive and while they're in the attack motion they'll be completely vulnerable. Or you could just do a small combo into it , less damage but looks nice.
If you're going to use Tohno's Last Arc, unless you can follow up after it's completely worthless.
Akira
Totally hardly posted

Return to Melty Blood Chat