MeltyBlood EN patch

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

MeltyBlood EN patch

Unread postby y0 » April 3rd, 2007, 7:34 pm

Hello,am new to this site and i just want to ask.I read a lot about MB but still cant find ENG patch.Translation Projects was canceled or still in progress,maybe there are other ENG patch?I really want to play this great game,tnx for any info.
y0
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » April 3rd, 2007, 7:51 pm

http://www.revolve-trans.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=515

Unless it's a 04/01 april fools joke, it says the betatesting is already done, so it probably should be released soon.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » April 3rd, 2007, 10:59 pm

that post wasn't a joke. The testing is complete, we're just working out details on the installer, and a few final touchs. Expect the full story mode patch soon.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Atvaark » April 4th, 2007, 6:46 pm

/gasp

seriously? i was expecting probably at first term of 2008...
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » April 4th, 2007, 8:23 pm

Atvaark wrote:/gasp

seriously? i was expecting probably at first term of 2008...

O_o

thats a long time... -_-;
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby josephc1989 » April 5th, 2007, 2:19 am

will the patch work if the game is already installed? or would i have to reinstall?
josephc1989
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » April 5th, 2007, 8:22 am

Just assuming, but most likely it'll work like the tsukihime one. It'll probably ask you for the folder on the cd with the original files, then it'll copy them over and patch in the process/add the patch files.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » April 5th, 2007, 11:50 am

It's not yet decided if there wil be an installer or not. Anyhow installation is easy w/o an installer aswell, just put the files in the folder and play.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby josephc1989 » April 5th, 2007, 6:32 pm

woah nice job on the patch
josephc1989
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 7th, 2007, 7:57 am

josephc1989 wrote:will the patch work if the game is already installed? or would i have to reinstall?

I am currently working on the Melty Blood English installer. As Ciel guessed, it will function very similar to the Tsukihime English installer, meaning it will ask for the Melty Blood CD and create a new, clean install, copying the necessary files from the CD in the process. I will discuss saves compatibility with TheXev next time I see him.

Unread postby TheXev » April 7th, 2007, 10:03 am

Message wrote:I am currently working on the Melty Blood English installer. As Ciel guessed, it will function very similar to the Tsukihime English installer, meaning it will ask for the Melty Blood CD and create a new, clean install, copying the necessary files from the CD in the process. I will discuss saves compatibility with TheXev next time I see him.

There will be no save compatibility issues between Japanese Nero0623 and the English patch (any verison). The EXE part of the patch remains unchanged from the menu patch release. Net play on the other hand... is hard to say. I would recommend starting a new save anyway. Unlike ReACT, there is no real information stored in the save other then what parts of story mode you have experienced (as charactor unlocks no longer mean anything in Nero0623).
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » April 7th, 2007, 10:44 am

Ah, that simplifies things. In that case copying save files won't even be necessary, so no need to have the installer do anything for it.

Unread postby EvaUnit02 » April 9th, 2007, 6:38 am

Will the Windows installer be 32-bit? Ta.
EvaUnit02
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 9th, 2007, 2:18 pm

Yes, but since you reported Tsukihime v1.1 working on XP64, this one should work just fine as well.

Unread postby zoop » April 9th, 2007, 11:33 pm

TheXev wrote:Net play on the other hand... is hard to say.

If I remember correctly, the ReACT netplay app runs a CRC check on the MBR executable to ensure the proper version is being used and such. Depending on how it works (and assuming nobody else takes the initiative), I could probably remove the check entirely, though my ASM skillzes aren't all that amazing.

(edit) And after going through the trouble of removing the consistancy check, I discover that all it appears to be doing is just checking the version number - not the executable as a whole. Hurrah for needless endeavors.
zoop
Might just like this board

Return to Melty Blood Chat