How do you put Shiki Tohno's knife away?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

How do you put Shiki Tohno's knife away?

Unread postby deathknight » March 28th, 2007, 10:01 pm

I saw this video on YouTube before about a secret technique to turn Shiki Tohno into "berserk" Shiki Nanaya by not drawing out his knife and first losing 1 round and getting badly damaged in the next round. But everytime I play MBR: final tuned and play Shiki he always starts with his knife drawn already and I can't find any command to put his knife away and fight unarmed. Can someone tell me what command buttons are used to hide Shiki's knife? In case you don't know what I'm talking about heres the link to the YouTube video (its a really good fight)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1580SDYp4lU
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby marus » March 29th, 2007, 12:44 am

That's not Melty Blood, it's just a version of Mugen using sprites from Melty Blood. AFAIK there's no move like that in Final Tuned.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » March 29th, 2007, 8:34 pm

marus wrote:That's not Melty Blood, it's just a version of Mugen using sprites from Melty Blood. AFAIK there's no move like that in Final Tuned.

yes, that is mugen and there is no such move in any mb game.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Matthias » March 30th, 2007, 5:35 pm

Put his knife away?

Absurd
Matthias
Into 17 Pieces

eh??? THAT IS Melty Blood

Unread postby jluglue » April 3rd, 2007, 1:11 am

Unless the arcade version of melty blood is called mugen, but from what i'm seeing on the youtube link, that's a clip from melty blood act cadenza, which is the arcade version.

MB REact-Final Tuned is for PC only, and i don't believe they have any plans to port Act Cadenza over to PC. (bummer)

Not sure how it would work anyways as all the moves would be messed up as move list is different.
jluglue
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby miszou » April 3rd, 2007, 3:47 am

that is definitely not the AC version of meltyblood :]

You might think so, because it says ACT cadenza before the match, but the entire system is completely different. I don't know mugen, so i can not say it is, but I can say it is not MB AC for sure. google for a pic of some ingame AC version if you have never seen one ^^ You'll notice everything being different.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Eriol-kun » April 3rd, 2007, 2:07 pm

It is Mugen for sure. I'm almost 120% sure it is.

Act Cadenza doesn't have "Rush"-es, or a life bar like that, or any of some modified skills some of the characters there have.

If someone was Act Cadenza-ing in a video like that, I bet they'd show off some skills from Neko-Arc, or even Neko-Chaos, to add some humor. Unless they're totally tasteless.
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ciel » April 3rd, 2007, 6:51 pm

Well, the title itself says -mugen-, and the lifebars are some custom made stuff so...

Not to mention the 'heaven or hell' stuff which's probably from guilty gear x or xx.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Re:

Unread postby Boyzone » July 2nd, 2010, 3:56 pm

Matthias wrote:Put his knife away?

Absurd

Shiki's Knife? is that a good knife? I want to have that knife.
Boyzone
Totally hardly posted

Return to Melty Blood Chat