How do you play MB on PC?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

How do you play MB on PC?

Unread postby deathknight » March 25th, 2007, 12:31 am

I'm sorry but how do you play this game on the PC? I installed it fine now and the main screen is on but my mouse doesn't have a cursor and the only keyboard controls that work are the directional up/down keys and the ESC button to quit. I cannot read the kanji and so could someone please tell me what keyboard commands I can use or where I can find such information in English? Can you play this game with just a keyboard or mouse or do you need something else?? I played 2D fighting games on the PC before and usually the keyboard can be used so I'm confused here.
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Makaveli » March 25th, 2007, 12:34 am

Can someone give the controls?
Makaveli
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby puKKa » March 25th, 2007, 1:44 am

A = fast, weak attack. Accept in menus
B = medium attack. Cancel in menus
C = slow, hard Attack
D = Shield
A+B+C = Heat activation.

Here's a url to a keybinder:
http://pukka.chendo.net/MBRFT.rar

Just extract mpkeycfg.exe, don't mind the other .exe, it's my own config I believe.

I can't give any credits to whom made it or alike though it might say so in the exe ^^

gl
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby deathknight » March 25th, 2007, 3:36 am

Arigatou gozaimashita puKKa-San! :D
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby miszou » March 25th, 2007, 2:39 pm

there is also a translated manual of the game on revolve right? i remember reading it to find the standard config, it played alright so you do not necessary need a keybinder if you'll like the original bindings ^^

I beleive nm,. represented ABCD respectively for player 1, dun know player two by head, but two players on one keyboard is madness anyway :]

I would recommend PC play instead of AC play so the heat would be 222D instead of A+B+C, which is impossible with most PC's :]

well the manual is extreme short, but it can't hurt to read it, at least it'll help you get started, online FAQ's help you with the rest ^^
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » March 25th, 2007, 5:54 pm

miszou wrote:there is also a translated manual of the game on revolve right? i remember reading it to find the standard config, it played alright so you do not necessary need a keybinder if you'll like the original bindings ^^

I beleive nm,. represented ABCD respectively for player 1, dun know player two by head, but two players on one keyboard is madness anyway :]

I would recommend PC play instead of AC play so the heat would be 222D instead of A+B+C, which is impossible with most PC's :]

well the manual is extreme short, but it can't hurt to read it, at least it'll help you get started, online FAQ's help you with the rest ^^

PC-mode sucks in my opinion. Much nicer to throw with AC and heat activation is MUCH easier with AC since you only have to press one button for activation since you have a "A+B+C" button and you don't have to go for the 222-part which is just annoying to do.
iddqd
puKKa

Unread postby miszou » March 26th, 2007, 3:42 am

well I agree completely :]

I was just pointing out that it exists, but anyway, playing with the keyboard suck altogether, an AC stick is so much better (and easier) I think :] With the keyboard a lot of moves get stuck if I just press the buttons too fast and all, real annoying XD
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » March 26th, 2007, 11:49 am

miszou wrote:well I agree completely :]

I was just pointing out that it exists, but anyway, playing with the keyboard suck altogether, an AC stick is so much better (and easier) I think :] With the keyboard a lot of moves get stuck if I just press the buttons too fast and all, real annoying XD

jupp, that's why I ordered a Hori stick last week ^^
iddqd
puKKa

Unread postby shirou12 » July 14th, 2008, 3:23 pm

how can to view the command list of moves?
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ryanbomber » July 14th, 2008, 4:11 pm

shirou12 wrote:how can to view the command list of moves?

There is a short version in the AC "X IS FIGHTING Y" screen.

The other, extended way is F5 -> Command List.

Although you're probably better off finding one online. Melty Bread has them all, I think.
Ryanbomber
Might just like this board

Return to Melty Blood Chat