Need Help Bought Melty Blood but cannot install

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Need Help Bought Melty Blood but cannot install

Unread postby deathknight » March 24th, 2007, 1:32 pm

Ok this is wierd. I've just come back from my trip to Japan where I had the good fortune to shop at Akihabara and I got Melty Blood React and Fine Tuned CDs. I installed Melty Blood React into my PC and everything went okay but when I try to play the game this message box comes up

[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6416/clipimage002jo4.th.jpg" alt="Image" class="resize_me" />[/img]

I don't understand Japanese so can someone please tell me what this error box says? I changed all my language settings/Unicode to Japanese BEFORE installation so no problem there.

Thanks

(I only bought 2 PC CDs of MBR and MBR: Final Tuned)
deathknight
Addict

Re: Need Help Bought Melty Blood but cannot install

Unread postby Message » March 24th, 2007, 2:43 pm

deathknight wrote:(I only bought 2 PC CDs of MBR and MBR: Final Tuned)

You bought a Final Tuned CD? I've never heard of FT being released on a CD, are you sure you don't mean you bought the MB and MBR CDs instead? If you're sure, then you probably got a bootleg of some sort. You need MB to play MBR, since MBR is just an expansion. (FT is a downloadable update for MBR, by the way.)

Unread postby miszou » March 24th, 2007, 3:25 pm

An official final tuned CD does not exist indeed, you sure thats what the cd said? Would be really not cool if akibara sold bootlegs :( Maybe you can make a picture of the cd's if you are sure, so we can compare them.

If you don't have the orignal MB installed, it won't work, MBreact is an expension, so it won't install without the original MB, and final tuned is a patch for react, not a game itself, so you can only patch the react install, not install a final tuned itself.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » March 24th, 2007, 4:44 pm

Actually there was a release of a Final Tuned CD. I don't remember the specifics, but it was released freely as a special collector's item when the patch was first made. Quantities were limited though, so you'd probably have to pay for it now. Even if you have it though, you should download the latest patch online, there's been a few updates since the CD was released.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby deathknight » March 24th, 2007, 6:07 pm

Oops sorry my mistake. I was confused b/c the Melty Blood CD said some lines underneath. Its not Final Tuned but Melty Blood: Hologram Summer, Night on the Blood Liar. So from my brilliant deductive skills I've managed to conclude this is the MB cd I should've installed first before the MBR. :oops:

Thanks for the input everyone. Now my only question is how long would it take me an English speaker to learn written and spoken Japanese as a beginner)? I'm using some Learn Japanese Language cds for spoken Japanese so I estimate I'll be fluent in about 1-2 years. Now if the English patch was released before then that would be nice too.
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Message » March 24th, 2007, 7:54 pm

Please discuss learning Japanese in the appropriate thread.

Unread postby miszou » March 25th, 2007, 2:41 pm

marus wrote:Actually there was a release of a Final Tuned CD. I don't remember the specifics, but it was released freely as a special collector's item when the patch was first made. Quantities were limited though, so you'd probably have to pay for it now. Even if you have it though, you should download the latest patch online, there's been a few updates since the CD was released.

really? Hmm, haven't seen it around yet, first time I hear about it, tnx :] If I see it I will buy it most definitely, but as for know, haven't seen it, so it must way more rare then for example the tsukibako.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Re: Need Help Bought Melty Blood but cannot install

Unread postby TheXev » March 26th, 2007, 5:37 pm

deathknight wrote:Ok this is wierd. I've just come back from my trip to Japan where I had the good fortune to shop at Akihabara and I got Melty Blood React and Fine Tuned CDs. I installed Melty Blood React into my PC and everything went okay but when I try to play the game this message box comes up

[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6416/clipimage002jo4.th.jpg" alt="Image" class="resize_me" />[/img]

I don't understand Japanese so can someone please tell me what this error box says? I changed all my language settings/Unicode to Japanese BEFORE installation so no problem there.

Thanks

(I only bought 2 PC CDs of MBR and MBR: Final Tuned)

http://www.revolve-trans.org/articles/0001.html

Installation guide for Melty Blood. Read it step by step, it will tell you EVERYTHING.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Melty Blood Chat