Some Questions on Melty Blood

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Some Questions on Melty Blood

Unread postby Div IX » October 6th, 2012, 7:29 am

hi, i got some questions about Melty Blood (particlualry Actress Again Current Code)

1) On the Type Moon Wiki, Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code is listed as an expansion but it says it's more of a sequal, do i need to buy the original Melty Blood or is Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code stand alone, if it's stand alone, is it like Dissidia Duodeciem: Final Fantasy where it has a new story but also contains the original story, what i mean by that is that in Duodeciem, it contails the story unique to Duodeciem but it also contains the original story from the first Dissidia game but running off Duodeciem's system

2) i read that Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code has a mutliplayer feature, is it possible for me to LAN it on a local network, i was thinking that if i was to buy it, the next LAN Party i host i can also have a Melty Blood Compertition where the winner doesn't have to pay the LAN Fee which would be used to buy their pizza.....so obviously, the winner gets to be treated on my expense

3) i read there is a PS2 Port, will the translation for Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code be like Fate/Stay Night where if i want voices i will need to buy the PS2 Port?

4) is there a place where i can buy Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code and get it shipped to Australia, i tried eBay but all the results was either a book or Melty Blood Re-ACT, i'd rather if it wasn't an acution cause you can get ripped off with those, i ended up paying $120 for Fate/Stay Night on the PS2 and $150 for Ar Tonelico on auctions when PS2 games in Australia only ever cost $100 at most and we have the F**K Australia Tax so that makes them more expensive

i apologize if these questions have been answered somewhere else on the forums, the search bar never works for me on forums, it must not like me : (
Div IX
Totally hardly posted

Re: Some Questions on Melty Blood

Unread postby dwroxas » October 6th, 2012, 3:04 pm

The game is stand alone, so one disc that's it, and I think it has an original storyline, I don't because it's currently not translated.
It's multiplayer, I have no freaking clue, the matching servers don't work, so I think you have to connect using IP addresses (I don't know what a LAN party is so I don't know if it'll apply)
The PS2 port doesn't add anything, unless you mean to play on a PS2 then you get a boss rush mode I think?
Also, have you tried looking for the season 3 box set of carnival phantasm, because their should be a MBAACC disc inside, plus you get a pretty funny anime!
In the game that is life the last hand we are dealt is Death, but it is up to the individual to make something out of what appears to be nothing...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby James_Marcus » October 6th, 2012, 3:36 pm

As far as story goes Current Code is the same as the regular Actress Again, the only differences are the addition of Princess Arc, Powerd Ciel and Neko Arc & Mech Hisui (as a tag-team).
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby GabrieliosP » October 6th, 2012, 7:01 pm

1. Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code is a standalone game of the Melty Blood franchise, the only expansion ever released was Melty Blood Re:Act, an expansion to the original PC version. To understand the 'plot' you'll need to play the previous games, though. MBAACC only contains its own story mode and none of the previous versions.

2. Melty Blood AACC has multiplayer, only 1x1 unline in Act Cadenza where it was possible to have 2x2 matches. It only connects over random matching or direct IP input.

3. The PS2 port of MBAACC is very old and doesn't have some characters of the PC version (Powerd Ciel and the revamped Archetype:Earth) the only thing it has is the Boss Rush Mode that the PC version lacks. The mirror moon patch doesn't need the PS2 version at all, only a legally bought PC copy.

4. MBAACC was never released as a standalone game per se, but as a bonus with the third volume of Carnival Phantasm, an OVA that's basically a crossover between Tsukihime and Fate/stay night. Dunno about which sites to find it, but this should help the search.
GabrieliosP
Totally hardly posted

Return to Melty Blood Chat