fighting game melty blood #2

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

fighting game melty blood #2

Unread postby Dtrini » January 10th, 2007, 6:52 am

Fight list
1st - tekken
2nd - melty blood

well on my very short list of fighting games i devoted most of my fighting time to tekken. can still remember playing tekken one in arcades.i own tekken 3,4,5,5DR and tag. other than that mb comes to mind . but holding of putting to much time until patch comes out for story mode. where does mb fall on your list.
Dtrini
Addict
 
Posts: 102
Joined: January 3rd, 2007, 3:28 am

Unread postby puKKa » January 10th, 2007, 10:21 am

I found tekken 3 fun, the rest, nah. Melty Blood is by far the funniest beat em up I've played so far with guilty gear comming after.
I like 2d fighting games most, 3d games like soul calibur becomes to slow due to it's complixity and blocking/attacking system even if it's a great game. A bit the same with tekken, you never get those pressuring matches where you dash forth and back, but on the otherhand it's nore realistic with the real close-in fighting that's in tekken and soul calibur..
iddqd
User avatar
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me
 
Posts: 537
Joined: November 29th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby Hyperbeast » January 10th, 2007, 6:15 pm

Let's see.... Other than Melty Blood I've played Tekken 1, KOF 1997, 2000, 2001, 2006, and the two GBA ones, Guilty Gear 1, XX2 reload, and Isuka, DOA3 and DOA Ultimate, Street Fighter Alpha for GBC, Fatal/Fake *the trial version, a game using Fate/Stay Night characters*, and many others that I can't even remember the name of let alone the gameplay.

Tekken I can't even remember..
KOF 1997 and the GBA ones I remember liking, but 2000, 2001 and 2006 are far too... Disconnected to have fun with. They just don't flow smoothly, so from what I've tried button mashing seems to prove better than actually playing..
Guilty Gear 1 I didn't really like.. XX2 reload was pretty good but way too damn hard, and Isuka has a similar though not as bad problem as the mentioned KOF games..
DOA is quite fun, but god damn are the bosses in it unbalanced.
Fatal/Fake... I dunno. Same combo problems as above... It's strange.

Then Melty Blood.. My favourite by far. Unfortunately now every fighting game I play seems boring by comparison.
Just need to wait for my before mentioned friend to give me my copy of Act Cadenza.

Edit: Whoops, totally forgot Soul Calibur. Yeah, Soul Calibur's one of the better ones.
Last edited by Hyperbeast on January 13th, 2007, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 157
Joined: January 9th, 2006, 11:29 pm
Location: The arse end of the world, Australia.

Unread postby marus » January 10th, 2007, 11:23 pm

In order of the most preferred:

1 - (TIE) Melty Blood and Super Smash Bros. Melee (it's not a traditional fighting game, but damn I love it)
2 - Eternal Fighter Zero
3 - Soul Caliber 2
4 - Guilty Gear XX #Reload
5 - The Queen of Heart '99

Melty Blood is such a fun and fast paced game, and SSBM is great to play with lots of people. I like EFZ for its simple complexity, if that makes sense. I didn't play SC2 a lot when I first got it because I felt it was so slow, but recently I've been getting back into it because my friends play it a lot. GGXX#R feels a lot like Melty Blood, but for some reason I can't really place just doesn't seem as fun. QOH is fun to play after SSBM gets old.

I didn't play fighters when I was young so I never really got into Street Fighter or King of Fighers.
KATTO!
User avatar
marus
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 356
Joined: October 22nd, 2005, 9:57 am
Location: Washington (state)

Unread postby Xavier » January 11th, 2007, 12:53 am

Fighting games eh? I find them a waste of my time. What's so good about button mashing anyway? =p

Well, just to not go off topic, here we go:

Marvel Vs. Capcom - The only fighting game I EVER played and liked.
Xavier
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 328
Joined: December 31st, 2006, 1:55 am
Location: Between No Where And Some Where

Unread postby Dtrini » January 11th, 2007, 1:50 am

Xavier wrote:Fighting games eh? I find them a waste of my time. What's so good about button mashing anyway? =p

Well, just to not go off topic, here we go:

Marvel Vs. Capcom - The only fighting game I EVER played and liked.


a waste of time? wouldnt that apply to all games. why do we do anything that is competitive,challenging .? tactics , combos, timing - its an art..lol
Dtrini
Addict
 
Posts: 102
Joined: January 3rd, 2007, 3:28 am

Unread postby Xavier » January 11th, 2007, 11:12 am

Dtrini wrote:
Xavier wrote:Fighting games eh? I find them a waste of my time. What's so good about button mashing anyway? =p

Well, just to not go off topic, here we go:

Marvel Vs. Capcom - The only fighting game I EVER played and liked.


a waste of time? wouldnt that apply to all games. why do we do anything that is competitive,challenging .? tactics , combos, timing - its an art..lol

Nope, gaming genres such as RTS, RPG, and FPS requires a lot of tactics and strategic thinking. Fighting games are just mashing buttons. It's fun, yes, but it gets completely boring.
Xavier
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 328
Joined: December 31st, 2006, 1:55 am
Location: Between No Where And Some Where

Unread postby puKKa » January 11th, 2007, 1:34 pm

Xavier wrote:
Dtrini wrote:
Xavier wrote:Fighting games eh? I find them a waste of my time. What's so good about button mashing anyway? =p

Well, just to not go off topic, here we go:

Marvel Vs. Capcom - The only fighting game I EVER played and liked.


a waste of time? wouldnt that apply to all games. why do we do anything that is competitive,challenging .? tactics , combos, timing - its an art..lol

Nope, gaming genres such as RTS, RPG, and FPS requires a lot of tactics and strategic thinking. Fighting games are just mashing buttons. It's fun, yes, but it gets completely boring.


it requires tactic, focus, reflexes, mind-reading and musicdrugs ;DD

If you never played a fighting game seriously you got no idea of how complicated things are.

And about it being a waste of time.. nothing has a meaning so why the hell not waste time when you can?
iddqd
User avatar
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me
 
Posts: 537
Joined: November 29th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby Xavier » January 11th, 2007, 7:48 pm

puKKa wrote:
Xavier wrote:
Dtrini wrote:[quote="Xavier"]Fighting games eh? I find them a waste of my time. What's so good about button mashing anyway? =p

Well, just to not go off topic, here we go:

Marvel Vs. Capcom - The only fighting game I EVER played and liked.


a waste of time? wouldnt that apply to all games. why do we do anything that is competitive,challenging .? tactics , combos, timing - its an art..lol

Nope, gaming genres such as RTS, RPG, and FPS requires a lot of tactics and strategic thinking. Fighting games are just mashing buttons. It's fun, yes, but it gets completely boring.


it requires tactic, focus, reflexes, mind-reading and musicdrugs ;DD

If you never played a fighting game seriously you got no idea of how complicated things are.

And about it being a waste of time.. nothing has a meaning so why the hell not waste time when you can?[/quote]
Note the "it gets completely boring" part? Its repetitive and mind numbing. Just like CS: S once you become a pro. =p

I stated that I did play a fighting game. But then it was too crap boring to keep playing the games in the genre.

Also, note the "I" in the "I find them a waste of time..."? Yeah, I, Xavier, find playing boring fighting games a waste of time. I am not forcing my opinion unto you or any other. =p
Oh and theres a difference between wasting time and having fun. If you enjoy the time you waste, its not wasted. I don't enjoy playing fighting games. You do, so I guess that's that.
Xavier
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 328
Joined: December 31st, 2006, 1:55 am
Location: Between No Where And Some Where

Unread postby puKKa » January 12th, 2007, 2:43 am

Never actually played much CS:S since when I played it it was not very balanced and the original CS gave better gameplay in the end. I've actually never heard a pro say that playing the game is boring. All I've heard is that they think it's fun since they can give it all to the game since it will sponsor their lifestyle as long as they keep playing as pros.

I'm not going to say you are wrong if you say you think it's boring I just think you never got to the part of when it gets really fun.

This is a discussion, two opinions are clashing against each other so why the heck would you not be talking about your own opinions? Anyhow, as you say, if the time you "wasted" was fun it was not wasted. But it depends on how you percieve the world and how you would define the word "wated" in that sense.
iddqd
User avatar
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me
 
Posts: 537
Joined: November 29th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby Xavier » January 12th, 2007, 8:17 pm

puKKa wrote:Never actually played much CS:S since when I played it it was not very balanced and the original CS gave better gameplay in the end. I've actually never heard a pro say that playing the game is boring. All I've heard is that they think it's fun since they can give it all to the game since it will sponsor their lifestyle as long as they keep playing as pros.

I'm not going to say you are wrong if you say you think it's boring I just think you never got to the part of when it gets really fun.

This is a discussion, two opinions are clashing against each other so why the heck would you not be talking about your own opinions? Anyhow, as you say, if the time you "wasted" was fun it was not wasted. But it depends on how you percieve the world and how you would define the word "wated" in that sense.

When you start killing everything without much challenge, you get really bored. That's why I quit CS: S.

Oh and there's too much awpers and not enough p90"ers". XD


For me, it was, back then, to play fighting games, but then it got really boring since you do the same exact thing over and freaking over.

You have every right to talk about your own opinion, but you see, I hate arguments. Arguments basically starts when opinions clash together. That's why I posted that I don't enjoy it BUT you do and "that's that". Since I'm at fault here (I started the argument =p), I'm trying to stop this thing from turning to a huge debate between you and me about fighting games.


Yet, I will still stand with my opinion that fighting games are boring. :P
Xavier
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 328
Joined: December 31st, 2006, 1:55 am
Location: Between No Where And Some Where

Unread postby puKKa » January 13th, 2007, 2:07 am

Xavier wrote:When you start killing everything without much challenge, you get really bored. That's why I quit CS: S.

Oh and there's too much awpers and not enough p90"ers". XD


For me, it was, back then, to play fighting games, but then it got really boring since you do the same exact thing over and freaking over.

You have every right to talk about your own opinion, but you see, I hate arguments. Arguments basically starts when opinions clash together. That's why I posted that I don't enjoy it BUT you do and "that's that". Since I'm at fault here (I started the argument =p), I'm trying to stop this thing from turning to a huge debate between you and me about fighting games.


Yet, I will still stand with my opinion that fighting games are boring. :P


hehe, TMP is the weapon to use in CS btw, teh imbah ;DD

Well, you are right that I can't change your opinion on it but I find it troublesome with people who can't try stuff more than 10 sec before deciding it sucks. Though your probably not one of those ^^
iddqd
User avatar
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me
 
Posts: 537
Joined: November 29th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby Dtrini » January 13th, 2007, 10:08 am

puKKa wrote:
Xavier wrote:When you start killing everything without much challenge, you get really bored. That's why I quit CS: S.
Oh and there's too much awpers and not enough p90"ers". XD


For me, it was, back then, to play fighting games, but then it got really boring since you do the same exact thing over and freaking over.

You have every right to talk about your own opinion, but you see, I hate arguments. Arguments basically starts when opinions clash together. That's why I posted that I don't enjoy it BUT you do and "that's that". Since I'm at fault here (I started the argument =p), I'm trying to stop this thing from turning to a huge debate between you and me about fighting games.


Yet, I will still stand with my opinion that fighting games are boring. :P


hehe, TMP is the weapon to use in CS btw, teh imbah ;DD

Well, you are right that I can't change your opinion on it but I find it troublesome with people who can't try stuff more than 10 sec before deciding it sucks. Though your probably not one of those ^^


what is this cs never hear of it ?
Dtrini
Addict
 
Posts: 102
Joined: January 3rd, 2007, 3:28 am

Unread postby puKKa » January 14th, 2007, 12:17 am

Counter-Strike..
iddqd
User avatar
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me
 
Posts: 537
Joined: November 29th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby Dtrini » January 14th, 2007, 12:34 am

puKKa wrote:Counter-Strike..


not my type of game. distancing himself
Dtrini
Addict
 
Posts: 102
Joined: January 3rd, 2007, 3:28 am

Unread postby Xavier » January 14th, 2007, 3:31 am

Ever heard of the praise "Boom! Headshot." Dtrini?
Xavier
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 328
Joined: December 31st, 2006, 1:55 am
Location: Between No Where And Some Where

Unread postby puKKa » January 14th, 2007, 8:09 pm

Xavier wrote:Ever heard of the praise "Boom! Headshot." Dtrini?


purepwnage -_-
iddqd
User avatar
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me
 
Posts: 537
Joined: November 29th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby Xavier » January 16th, 2007, 7:42 pm

puKKa wrote:
Xavier wrote:Ever heard of the praise "Boom! Headshot." Dtrini?


purepwnage -_-

Yes, they're pure pwnage. They pwn every single one of yer. XD
Xavier
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 328
Joined: December 31st, 2006, 1:55 am
Location: Between No Where And Some Where

Unread postby TheXev » January 17th, 2007, 5:57 am

Some very interesting chat going on in this particular thread, to try and drag it onto being on topic again, ill interject a bit of a rant of my own.

As far as fighting games go, only two fight games have ever held my interest. This is mostly because of my first experience with fighting games combined with what i find fun in general.

#1 Fighting game I enjoyed: Power Stone 1&2

Why? Anyone can play it and have fun easily. I think its superior to Smash Bros. in this regard.

#2 Fighting game I enjoy: Melty Blood ReACT

AC is great and better in every possible way, except ReACT is on my PC, and it just looks better then AC in PS2. Perhaps AC. B will be the best of both worlds?

Dtrini wrote:Fight list
1st - tekken
2nd - melty blood


Tekken is right on the bottom of my list of least enjoyable games of all time. Why? I guess its because in fighting games i really like a sense of balance, but more so a sense of fairness. Tekken has neither of these atributes in my opinion. Why may hardcore players can point out and deminstrate the sefisticated combo system, most people I would play with usually go for the stupid easy infinite that always seems to creep into every Tekken game. The only Tekken game i seen where ridding the game of infinites was taken seriously is Tekken 5, and i find many people do not enjoy Tekken 5 unlike previous games. I honestly hope the series continues to move in this "positive" direction.

marus wrote:Melty Blood is such a fun and fast paced game, and SSBM is great to play with lots of people. I like EFZ for its simple complexity, if that makes sense. I didn't play SC2 a lot when I first got it because I felt it was so slow, but recently I've been getting back into it because my friends play it a lot. GGXX#R feels a lot like Melty Blood, but for some reason I can't really place just doesn't seem as fun. QOH is fun to play after SSBM gets old.

I didn't play fighters when I was young so I never really got into Street Fighter or King of Fighers.


I figured out what it is about Guilty Gear games that turn me off, its the two forms of kicking and 2 forms of punching. I enjoy Melty Blood much more because it is easier to understand because of the Low, Mid, Hard, Parry system. Argue with me that its the same thing all you want, but it takes a lot of the complexity out of it while still being reasonable complex.

Dtrini wrote:
Xavier wrote:Fighting games eh? I find them a waste of my time. What's so good about button mashing anyway? =p

Well, just to not go off topic, here we go:

Marvel Vs. Capcom - The only fighting game I EVER played and liked.


a waste of time? wouldnt that apply to all games. why do we do anything that is competitive,challenging .? tactics , combos, timing - its an art..lol


The fact that tactics aren't involved in playing Final Fantasy 8 is the entire reason i dislike the game so much. Perhaps a remake were the magic system is "fixed" would make it actually worth playing?
Xavier wrote:Nope, gaming genres such as RTS, RPG, and FPS requires a lot of tactics and strategic thinking. Fighting games are just mashing buttons. It's fun, yes, but it gets completely boring.

This only applies to Power Stone and Tekken games, primarily. Melty Blood is not a button masher, and I had a pro button masher try it on me, and he couldn't beat me. Putting "all" fighting games into the button masher category is rather ignorant, imo.

puKKa wrote:it requires tactic, focus, reflexes, mind-reading and musicdrugs ;DD

If you never played a fighting game seriously you got no idea of how complicated things are.

And about it being a waste of time.. nothing has a meaning so why the hell not waste time when you can?


Good ol' Music Drugs are a primary thing i require for any game i play to be enjoyable. Doom 3, not enjoyable. Quake 4, not enjoyable. Tekken, not enjoyable. CS, not enjoyable. Tales of Eternia, not enjoyable. Final Fantasy 8, not enjoyable.

Tetris, enjoyable. Tales of Phantasia enjoyable. Doom 1&2, enjoyable. Melty Blood, enjoyable. Final Fantasy 4,5(although I dislike it, the soundtrack is enjoyable),6, and 7 enjoyable. Music is an important point to games that needs more focus.
Xavier wrote:Note the "it gets completely boring" part? Its repetitive and mind numbing. Just like CS: S once you become a pro. =p

I stated that I did play a fighting game. But then it was too crap boring to keep playing the games in the genre.

Also, note the "I" in the "I find them a waste of time..."? Yeah, I, Xavier, find playing boring fighting games a waste of time. I am not forcing my opinion unto you or any other. =p
Oh and theres a difference between wasting time and having fun. If you enjoy the time you waste, its not wasted. I don't enjoy playing fighting games. You do, so I guess that's that.

I find this comical since Melty Blood is the game responsible for playing any fight games at all. Damning an entire genre because of one boring experience is pretty lame. It'd be like me damning the entire RPG genre because I found Pokemon boring and repetitive (I gave it two hours of my life, I want those two hours back).
puKKa wrote:Never actually played much CS:S since when I played it it was not very balanced and the original CS gave better gameplay in the end. I've actually never heard a pro say that playing the game is boring. All I've heard is that they think it's fun since they can give it all to the game since it will sponsor their lifestyle as long as they keep playing as pros.

This is similar to how i felt with the original Unreal Tournament vs later incarnations. When you get right down to it, UT original is just more fun to play then the newer venisons, even if the newer ones are more balanced. I'd asume this is how Tekken Fans feel about Tekken as well.

As for pro gaming, if TetriNET had become a KBK sport back in 1998, I Guarantee right now that Revolve Translations wouldn't exist, and I'd be defending myself as TetriNET champion for the 9th year in the row (or maybe not, I only stopped playing TetriNET because no one could beat me). Oh well, life sucks, right?

Any game that isn't fun isn't worth playing. This is probably why i haven't hardcore played any games since Doom, StarCraft, TetriNET, and Melty Blood ReACT. I've given up on the FPS genre ever offering a legitiment co-op game ever again (Halo's false promises never fulfilled comes to mind.)

As for all of the CS chatter in general: I don't play it anymore because I find it boring, I'd only enjoy it if everyone actually ed played CS like a tactical shooter instead of a free for all. Rounds should last 20-30mins, not 2-3mins.
User avatar
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy
 
Posts: 494
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 2:17 am
Location: Corry PA, USA

Unread postby puKKa » January 17th, 2007, 11:47 am

short post Xev ^_^

I pretty much agree on what you say though I havnt played power stone.

I hate SSB though.. I just dislike it.. Anyhow, you should try Naruto Gaito Ninja Taisen to GC. It's a very easy game for anyone to start to play. You have A attacks = weapons(shurikens, swords etc), B = melee attacks, X = Supers, Y = Throws, L/R = Sidesteps and Teleport out of combos. Combo making in it also very easy, you can pretty much buttonmash them ^^
iddqd
User avatar
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me
 
Posts: 537
Joined: November 29th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests