fighting game melty blood #2

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Xavier » January 17th, 2007, 8:01 pm

TheXev wrote:
Xavier wrote:Nope, gaming genres such as RTS, RPG, and FPS requires a lot of tactics and strategic thinking. Fighting games are just mashing buttons. It's fun, yes, but it gets completely boring.

This only applies to Power Stone and Tekken games, primarily. Melty Blood is not a button masher, and I had a pro button masher try it on me, and he couldn't beat me. Putting "all" fighting games into the button masher category is rather ignorant, imo.

Xavier wrote:Note the "it gets completely boring" part? Its repetitive and mind numbing. Just like CS: S once you become a pro. =p

I stated that I did play a fighting game. But then it was too crap boring to keep playing the games in the genre.
"
Also, note the "I" in the "I find them a waste of time..."? Yeah, I, Xavier, find playing boring fighting games a waste of time. I am not forcing my opinion unto you or any other. =p
Oh and theres a difference between wasting time and having fun. If you enjoy the time you waste, its not wasted. I don't enjoy playing fighting games. You do, so I guess that's that.

I find this comical since Melty Blood is the game responsible for playing any fight games at all. Damning an entire genre because of one boring experience is pretty lame. It'd be like me damning the entire RPG genre because I found Pokemon boring and repetitive (I gave it two hours of my life, I want those two hours back).

1. No, not ignorant. Never ignorant. Even if YOU don't mash buttons in fighting games, what ->I<- have experienced, there are many who do. Thus, I associate just mashing buttons to fighting games.

2. Nope, not one boring experience. I played many, although limited, amount of fighting games. Hated all of them. I played Marvel Vs. Capcom and THAT is the ONLY game I have played AND actually LIKED. The thing about "damning" the entire RPG is that my experience with RPGs are GOOD/GREAT. The very first time I played RPG, I loved it.

Any game that isn't fun isn't worth playing." you said. Well, to me, replace "game" with "genre".

Sorry man, but I don't like fighting games unlike you guys. You may think I'm just bullshitting myself, but that's not the truth. (Metaphor)Eating something I'm allergic to just because I need to try it and force myself to enjoy it is not a good reason.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 6th, 2008, 4:15 pm

Melty Blood All the way!!! Can't think of another game that comes even close to this!!! (Although the Soul Calibur series war pretty good^^)
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat