i dont know where else to ask this so..

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

i dont know where else to ask this so..

Unread postby Aco » April 3rd, 2004, 3:53 pm

first off, great job on the translation

however, i did not know where to ask this it isnt in relation to the translation itself but more so the game.

when i start up it gives me 2 options to edit [Pad1 config] and [Pad2 config]

now...

i want to know if there is any way to modify these

every time i click on one it says 'the joystick is not connected'

im using a keyboard not a joystick >_<

when i play training arcade or vs I am always Pad2 - which imo has a horrible default setup but in story mode I'm Pad1?

-__-;

i just want pad1 all the time or a way to edit the movement keys

thanks in advance
Aco
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » April 3rd, 2004, 7:42 pm

Well, this is simply the way the game is meant to be played. The creators meant for you to use a joystick. The keyboard is actually an unsupported input device!

http://revolve.emuxhaven.net/manuals/MB/

This is out new translation of the manual. I am about to post news on, please read through it and you should understand.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Hideki-Motosuwa » April 4th, 2004, 1:25 am

Im not going to say it was pointless and all due to the fact that nothing is pointless when you don't understand something but could this have waited till Melty Blood RE.ACT comes out? I mean, it'll be out in 26 more days (April 29th is the release date......as of now).
Hideki-Motosuwa
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » April 4th, 2004, 8:05 am

I hardly believe translating the manual as pointless, even in light of ReACT. You might as well say it?s pointless to be translating the dialog. The situation may arise for some where they may not care for Melty Blood ReACT?s game play over classic Melty Blood (as hard a time as even I would have comprehending this, I?ve seen weirder things).

Curtain aspects which are completely eliminated from ReACT (like Vital Source) wouldn?t make any sense to anyone. Also, not everyone can always afford to buy the expansion (I?m assuming you people pay for these games *glair*) at the time of its release. The manual contains basic questions and answers that apply even to English speaking players, namely the keyboard question which I am sick of hearing. You?re not meant to use the keyboard for Melty Blood and that is that. lol
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Hideki-Motosuwa » April 4th, 2004, 6:06 pm

TheXev wrote:Also, not everyone can always afford to buy the expansion (I?m assuming you people pay for these games *glair*) at the time of its release.

Sorry but yeah, I do buy some of my games. I ended up downloading Melty Blood first before I bought it though. Just go to http://shop.himeya.com and you can buy it from there. Their usually cheap anyway. :D

Well, Im racing to get my staff to find Melty Blood RE.ACT so that I can release it thru my website on its release date (I live in the US so its hard). I've been following doujin games for the past 3 years now and their only getting better in my opinion.

Anyway, Im going off-topic for a moment to ask this question: Is there any plans in the future to translate "Pia Carrot e Yokosou 3" if it was in high demand? I would really like to see that game translated and such due to it being a great game and piece of work. If ya could just answer this for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Hideki-Motosuwa
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » April 5th, 2004, 1:09 am

Naw, it?s just the people we?ve been getting lately. No one wants to buy Melty Blood and everyone assumes we must serve it in the channel. Admittedly, I don?t even own a copy for myself yet, but if I can ever sell this damn sword I?ll finally have enough money too get that and ReACT!

I?d also like to buy Tsukihime, but that?s impossible to find. >_<

As for future projects that Revolve will be doing, Soulfang and Gavi are exploring a studio Ego game which looks like it can be done; it will just take Gavi some time to figure out how to build a script dumper/rebuilder.

I may be announcing ?the secret? project sometimes this month, but my mind may change. Plenty of people already know what it is that I have been working on, but I really don?t want to until two things have been done:
1) I fix the font in Melty Blood
2) I fix the font in the game I?m hacking, although my ?half assed? font replacement does the job quite nicely.

I?ve left plenty of clues around the forum as to what I?ve been working on for people to lazy to join the IRC channel. lol
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Rodziel » July 16th, 2005, 3:52 pm

I found this little app that lets you make virtual joysticks:

http://www.simtel.net/product.download.php?id=75176
Rodziel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » July 17th, 2005, 12:47 pm

Well what do you know, it works. Finally the keys can be remapped, although the virtual keypresses are detected by the game even when the re-act window isn't focused. :o

Good find.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat