Game Controller

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby puKKa » February 7th, 2007, 10:34 am

If you have a PS2 gamepad + Converter this "digital/analog button" is just the the same analog button as usual.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby AceOfTrumps » February 7th, 2007, 12:34 pm

I managed to get it working! Thanks a heap.
AceOfTrumps
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby marus » October 29th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Update time!

I finally bit the dust and bought a custom stick. It was made by koi of Shoryuken fame. Sanwa sticks and buttons. I photoshoped this image I stole from a Forgotten Truce for the art.

I really like it, but ever since I bought it my wallet stopped talking to me. I'm not sure what to do, because buying it candy will only make it angrier.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby mir » October 31st, 2007, 8:17 am

Ugh, should have asked for universal PCB in it. That way you eliminate the need for converters, and those weird-looking cord loops.

As for me, I usually play with a modded HRAP3. Changed the buttons to Sanwa, put in octagonal gate, and a spiffy Seimitsu ball top. I don't like small sticks so the HRAP bulkiness is great.

End result

Of course, that doesn't work with PS2 stuff so I decided to make another stick out of junk I found in the discard pile. So on the off-chance the competition requires a stick or I want to play PS2 melty/other games, I have this green thing

Yes, I realize it's ugly as sin, but the layout is correct, the parts are sanwa, and the box/paint didn't really cost me anything (lol junkstick)
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby marus » October 31st, 2007, 8:03 pm

mir wrote:Ugh, should have asked for universal PCB in it. That way you eliminate the need for converters, and those weird-looking cord loops.

I thought about that, but there exists a good ps/ps2 converter for just about every console, and a converter imo is more convenient to find and use that a project box setup. Anyways, most fighting games now are on the ps2 and ps3, so it's not really a problem.

mir wrote:Of course, that doesn't work with PS2 stuff so I decided to make another stick out of junk I found in the discard pile. So on the off-chance the competition requires a stick or I want to play PS2 melty/other games, I have this green thing

:shock: Wow. Just... wow.
Well, I guess if it works, its fine, but yeesh. Still, I like your choice of colors in the HRAP3. Did you switch out the entire stick to Seimitsu, or just the balltop? I've always wanted to try one of their sticks.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby mir » October 31st, 2007, 10:43 pm

The reason I like upcb's is that everything is out on a DB15 plugs. Stuff happens, cord gets cut/etc etc. It's much tougher to work inside than to just swap the cable for your spare. That, and I managed to snag metal DB15 enclosures from the junk pile...and those are almost impossible to break =)

The Seimitsu sticks are pretty much identical to Sanwa...to the point where even the ball tops are interchangeable. So no, no real point changing the entire thing...I just swapped the tops.

As for my thing, I know it's ugly. When I'm not lazy I'll get to making a "proper one" with good parts and actual art/plexi. But for now, I am happy with what I have =)
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby marus » November 1st, 2007, 4:32 am

mir wrote:The reason I like upcb's is that everything is out on a DB15 plugs. Stuff happens, cord gets cut/etc etc. It's much tougher to work inside than to just swap the cable for your spare. That, and I managed to snag metal DB15 enclosures from the junk pile...and those are almost impossible to break =)

I hadn't really thought about that. I don't know, maybe when my PCB goes bad I'll try out a universal one, but for now I'm happy with my setup.

mir wrote:The Seimitsu sticks are pretty much identical to Sanwa...to the point where even the ball tops are interchangeable. So no, no real point changing the entire thing...I just swapped the tops.

I'd always heard that the Seimitsu was closer to an American stick, in that it had a harder spring and a much smaller deadzone, but maybe not? I'd still like to try it out, maybe whenever I decide to get a second stick (so probably not for a while).
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat