MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Unread postby HEZAiKU » August 8th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Already done with the translator, very nice man~ i really like your job~
HEZAiKU
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 28th, 2012, 5:51 am

So how far are you guys with a patch update now?

I mean I rather wait for the full patch so I don't start playing something that I have no idea as to what I should be doing, or just for storyline purposes of course. I only state that since my gut is telling me it might end up like how the first MeltyBlood game was in Story Mode, or something close to Kagetsu Tohya.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 31st, 2012, 2:49 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:So how far are you guys with a patch update now?

I mean I rather wait for the full patch so I don't start playing something that I have no idea as to what I should be doing, or just for storyline purposes of course. I only state that since my gut is telling me it might end up like how the first MeltyBlood game was in Story Mode, or something close to Kagetsu Tohya.

Hmm, none of the arcade mode has been done yet and the images are progressing slowly. We're mainly focusing on the win quotes at the moment. The MBAACC arcade mode is pretty much like MBR and MBAC arcade mode, but with different scripts and characters. So you might want to wait if you want to enjoy the translation in its entirety, but those who want to see progress can checkout the partial releases which we will try to do each month.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Xenos Hydrargirum » September 1st, 2012, 6:34 pm

Next point release around August 31st.

Will there be one?
Xenos Hydrargirum
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Neko Alucard » September 1st, 2012, 9:49 pm

Arigato Gozaimasu This works awesome,thanks to all the staff for this great work
Neko Alucard
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby landon225 » September 2nd, 2012, 5:32 am

I downloaded the english patch but it wont work. you see I downloaded current code through a site called (removed) and I can play it just fine. so i tried looking for a torrent for the original japanese dvd of MBACC but I can't seem to find one does anyone know where I can find it
landon225
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » September 2nd, 2012, 6:52 am

MBAACC English can only be used on a legally bought, physical copy of MBAACC. In order to play our translation, you'll have to buy the game first.

Unread postby ArchDemon » September 2nd, 2012, 10:09 am

Xenos Hydrargirum wrote:Next point release around August 31st.

Will there be one?

Yes. I wanted to get one out this weekend, but college has me busy with exams, so we'll organize it for next weekend.
Sorry for the delay.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby GabrieliosP » September 2nd, 2012, 12:01 pm

ArchDemon wrote:Yes. I wanted to get one out this weekend, but college has me busy with exams, so we'll organize it for next weekend.
Sorry for the delay.

Ah, no problem, we understand. I'm also busy with exams (I have THREE of them tomorrow) so I understand your pain.
GabrieliosP
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Drinkie » September 3rd, 2012, 12:29 am

Message wrote:MBAACC English can only be used on a legally bought, physical copy of MBAACC. In order to play our translation, you'll have to buy the game first.

What if we've already installed the first eng patch but our disc has been either lost or destroyed? will we still be able to use later patches? as i can't find any more places that are selling the disc and my bro broke my copy by accident
Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » September 3rd, 2012, 7:18 pm

Drinkie wrote:
Message wrote:MBAACC English can only be used on a legally bought, physical copy of MBAACC. In order to play our translation, you'll have to buy the game first.

What if we've already installed the first eng patch but our disc has been either lost or destroyed? will we still be able to use later patches? as i can't find any more places that are selling the disc and my bro broke my copy by accident

As always, newer versions of our translations will support updating previous installations.
The game is sold with the Carnival Phantasm Season 3 bluray box. This was and as far as I know still is the only way to get the game (new, anyway). Try Amazon Japan or CDJapan.

Unread postby Drinkie » September 3rd, 2012, 7:22 pm

Message wrote:
Drinkie wrote:

As always, newer versions of our translations will support updating previous installations.
The game is sold with the Carnival Phantasm Season 3 bluray box. This was and as far as I know still is the only way to get the game (new, anyway). Try Amazon Japan or CDJapan.

Ahh so i can still use update patches? sweet and i'll take a look once Paypal finally unrestrict my account :@
Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby GabrieliosP » September 9th, 2012, 8:13 pm

I know you guys must have when someone asks thing like these (as a translator myself, I understand), but did something happen again to delay the release that was supposed to be this weekend?
GabrieliosP
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Drinkie » September 9th, 2012, 8:23 pm

one or two of them had exams last weekend
Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby James_Marcus » September 14th, 2012, 2:27 am

Wonderful, a very nice update. Thank you very much for all your hard work. Just a question, I know this a work in progress, but I was wondering if you plan to (in case it is possible) make the win quote letters a bit bigger for future updates? So that it ressembles the writing style from MBAC? The configuration for this game seems to be different than the one from MBAC.
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ArchDemon » September 14th, 2012, 5:13 am

James_Marcus wrote:Wonderful, a very nice update. Thank you very much for all your hard work. Just a question, I know this a work in progress, but I was wondering if you plan to (in case it is possible) make the win quote letters a bit bigger for future updates? So that it ressembles the writing style from MBAC? The configuration for this game seems to be different than the one from MBAC.

Hi. We would like to make the win quote text larger, but this is as large as we can make it without messing up other parts of the game. The story text, command list text and win quote text are all controlled by the one font file and display function in the executable. We modified the executable to make the win quote text appear larger by removing the scaling function, but the font itself seems to do some sort of internal scaling of its own as well. If we made the win quote text any larger, some of the moves in the command lists would run off screen, such as some of Neko Arc's and Neko Arc Chaos' attack names. :/ (e.g., Super EM Wave Ultimate Attack - NEKOesthetics - Stamp Rally East Japan) Hmm, maybe we could include an extra patch file with DejaVu Sans Mono as the internal font, since this font resembles the one used in MBAC and is the one we want to include in the final release.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Drinkie » September 14th, 2012, 12:26 pm

It would be worth a shot
Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby James_Marcus » September 14th, 2012, 2:54 pm

I see, I understand perfectly now. Thanks for the explanation. It would be nice if you could include a patch for future updates. But don't worry too much, it's not that big of a deal, mostly a matter of aesthetics. It would not make me enjoy your patch any less.
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby djenkov » October 5th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Is there going to be an update anytime soon?Just curious.
djenkov
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 5th, 2012, 5:05 pm

djenkov wrote:Is there going to be an update anytime soon?Just curious.

Just give them some time since they have real life stuff to worry about as well. I mean it's not like they can always do an update by the 1st of each month or so. Besides they might be trying to get to a good stopping point before they even do an update you know.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat