MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Unread postby Quibi » November 6th, 2015, 8:50 pm

As always thanks for the release!
Quibi
Might just like this board

Unread postby omegasonic2005 » November 29th, 2015, 1:29 pm

As we approach the end of the translations of the story-modes of the characters in Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code, all that now remains after that is the revision editing of translated names of the movelists of characters and the translation of the all CGs to complete everything and maybe even the addition of the Boss Rush Mode that was restored by Erkz.

Story-modes that remain to be translate and launched:

- Akiha Vermillion;
- Mech-Hisui;
- Nanaya Shiki;
- Michael Roa Valdamjong;
- Neco-Arc (Route A);
- Neco-Arc (Route B);
- Neco & Mech;
- Koha & Mech;
- Boss Rush story-mode (Tohno Shiki);
- Boss Rush intro (Neco);
- Boss Rush intro (Neco-Arc Chaos);
- Boss Rush intro (Ryougi Shiki);

With this, the game storymode will to be finished and ready for the information being used to update the Type-Moon Wiki regarding the characters of Tsukihime.

I know that this month will be released every story-modes in relation to Mech-Hisui and especially in honor of the seiyuu of Hisui and Mech-Hisui who died very young in late September. The Creator Father and son have the soul and the spirit of it in his good hands now...

Apart from that, I also sent a list of movelists been translated in cgs made to enter the game, missing only know what are the names of the game's stages translated to do the same as these also and have all sources of letters necessary for it now.
omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread postby omegasonic2005 » December 4th, 2015, 2:54 pm

It's been two days and nothing new patch yet. Maybe now it will only launch later this month due to numerous delays.
omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread postby ArchDemon » December 4th, 2015, 4:47 pm

omegasonic2005 wrote:It's been two days and nothing new patch yet. Maybe now it will only launch later this month due to numerous delays.

Well, I did say it would be delayed by a day or two... This isn't a full-time paying job you know.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Yoten » December 4th, 2015, 4:56 pm

The new release is out! Mecha Month! Check the first post for details.

There are many, many different Mecha-Hisui units, each one numbered. The grand majority of them speak in an awkward, halting cadence that is expressed in the Japanese by writing everything (except the kanji) in katakana. To mimic this, we chose to have Mecha-Hisui speak similarly to the robot Tik-Tok from the Wizard of Oz. Every word with more than one syllable will have those syllables separated by hyphens -- so that's a fea-ture, not a bug. However, there are times when, in extreme scenarios, she will momentarily drop that odd speech pattern as "something else" comes to the forefront -- pay attention to her voice and the text to find out when that's happening! Also, a few select Mecha-Hisui units speak normally all the time, such as the one conscripted by Neko-Arc.

Dragon Ball Z fans will also enjoy the Kohaku & Mecha vs. Neko-Arc (part 2) scene, as a large portion of it is composed of quotes from Goku vs. Frieza. The DBZ dubs, both the old one and the one from Kai, were used as the basis of those translated lines.

Finally, some may notice that we've changed a couple of the names a bit:

• "Mech-Hisui" is now "Mecha-Hisui".
  • "Neco Arc" is now "Neko-Arc", and characters like "Neco Arc Chaos" are "Neko-Arc Chaos".

However, not all of the image files have been modified accordingly, so places like the character select and win screen are not updated yet. We hope to get the text and the image files more consistent in future releases.
Yoten

Unread postby omegasonic2005 » December 4th, 2015, 7:11 pm

I wonder if it's possible to translate these victory quotes of MBAA.

Miyako story-mode

Neco & Mech: 思わぬ邪魔が入りましたが、これで予定通りです。■さあ、大掃除を始めましょう。■かく……いえ、準備はよろしいですか、駄<マ>目<ス>猫<ター>? and ひょー! つえー、うちのメイドつえー!■でもすごく痛いにゃあ……あの、メカメイドくん?■あんまり身近にあるものを振り回しちゃダメだぜっ■……って踏んでる! また踏んでるから!

Neco-Arc story-mode

Koha & Mech: ②さっすがメカヒスイちゃん! さ、早くトドメを!■こう、おなかからぶわーっとネコアルクさんたちが■大量発生する前にトドメをさしちゃってくださーい!■③了カ……イエ。残念ナガラ手遅レデス ドクター。 and ③ピピ。滅菌モードニチェンジ。イケマス。■②ふふふ、まききゅーX廃棄用に作ったウイルス■バスターがこんな役に立とうとは。これで、■今度こそ、このヘンな生き物たちを一掃です!
omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread postby Bakeneko » December 4th, 2015, 7:19 pm

Thanks guys, looking forward to fully translated MB =)
Bakeneko
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby academico » December 12th, 2015, 12:42 am

thank you so much and i will try the patch of Fate Stay Night too
academico
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Quibi » December 28th, 2015, 8:44 pm

I'm pretty sure the licensing announcement didn't mention localization in it, though I do hope they will localize the game.
Why not continue the translation until such announcement comes? Or maybe ask them directly if that's their intention?
Quibi

Unread postby ArchDemon » December 29th, 2015, 9:28 am

Quibi wrote:I'm pretty sure the licensing announcement didn't mention localization in it, though I do hope they will localize the game.
Why not continue the translation until such announcement comes? Or maybe ask them directly if that's their intention?

That's true, but you can say the same thing about River City Super Sports Challenge. Their news post didn't say much about it (and still doesn't as of this post), but the game received a full English localization on Steam. So it's probably safe to say that MBAACC will get the same treatment.

We tried sending them a letter through their website as well as sending a tweet to them, but we never got a reply. I deleted my old tweet and sent out a new one today pretty much asking them if they're going bring an English localization to Steam in 2016, but chances are that we probably won't get a reply and that we'll probably be bringing the project to a close at the beginning of January after talking it over with the rest of the team.

I'd like to thank everyone who has followed this project and our team for all the support they have shown us over the years and that we look forward to seeing what 2016 will bring us. :)
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby ActressAgain » January 3rd, 2016, 5:23 am

ArchDemon wrote:
Quibi wrote:I'm pretty sure the licensing announcement didn't mention localization in it, though I do hope they will localize the game.

That's true, but you can say the same thing about River City Super Sports Challenge. Their news post didn't say much about it (and still doesn't as of this post), but the game received a full English localization on Steam. So it's probably safe to say that MBAACC will get the same treatment.

We tried sending them a letter through their website as well as sending a tweet to them, but we never got a reply. I deleted my old tweet and sent out a new one today pretty much asking them if they're going bring an English localization to Steam in 2016, but chances are that we probably won't get a reply and that we'll probably be bringing the project to a close at the beginning of January after talking it over with the rest of the team.

I'd like to thank everyone who has followed this project and our team for all the support they have shown us over the years and that we look forward to seeing what 2016 will bring us. :)

Wait what? MBAACC is finally coming out on Steam? Is it going to be in full English? And if so, because I don't have Steam, how am I going to download the fully complete version?

By the way, thanks for all you and your team's hard work on this translation. It's been an enjoyable wild ride just waiting for the next patches. I just wished that the Roa and Nanaya storylines and quotes could have been translated before this. I just hope I can get the full, definitive Steam version somewhere.
ActressAgain
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » January 4th, 2016, 5:10 am

Hi, everyone! I've made a news post about the information we know about the Steam release and about where our translation currently stands.
Please check out our news post for more information: http://mirrormoon.org/2016/01/mbaacc-project-on-hiatus/
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Clerish » February 2nd, 2016, 11:04 am

Would it be possible to have an English version of the demo in the meanwhile?
Clerish
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby omegasonic2005 » February 2nd, 2016, 6:38 pm

Clerish wrote:Would it be possible to have an English version of the demo in the meanwhile?

I agree with Clerish. It's okay to make to launch the rest of translation, ie, only the remaining storylines, win and lose quotes (Nanaya Shiki, Roa, Akiha Vermilion, and Neco-Arc Route A and B) to know their roles in MBAA history. Things like cgs may well wait and all that matters at the moment is only the storylines these characters to consider the translation done and can even send them through e-mails that pass for you.
omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread postby ArchDemon » February 3rd, 2016, 10:06 am

omegasonic2005 wrote:
Clerish wrote:Would it be possible to have an English version of the demo in the meanwhile?

I agree with Clerish. It's okay to make to launch the rest of translation, ie, only the remaining storylines, win and lose quotes (Nanaya Shiki, Roa, Akiha Vermilion, and Neco-Arc Route A and B) to know their roles in MBAA history. Things like cgs may well wait and all that matters at the moment is only the storylines these characters to consider the translation done and can even send them through e-mails that pass for you.

1. Clerish is asking about a translation for the DEMO, not the rest of the game. I'll look into it.
2. We are waiting to see what happens with the Steam release before deciding what to do next with the rest of the game.
3. If you want the translations for the missing parts, I'm sure you can find some on YouTube.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Clerish » February 3rd, 2016, 10:29 am

ArchDemon wrote:I'll look into it.

Thank you very much.
Clerish
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » February 9th, 2016, 12:12 pm

I've started looking at the demo, but my motherboard died a few days ago. I'm using a laptop but I don't have access to my files at the moment, so it's going to be a week or two before I get a replacement motherboard to start working on the demo again.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby academico » February 10th, 2016, 6:25 pm

only one question

spring 2016 is for united states?

what is the date we are talking about?

april 2016???
academico
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » February 11th, 2016, 4:29 pm

academico wrote:only one question

spring 2016 is for united states?

what is the date we are talking about?

april 2016???

Yeah, Spring in the United States. So MBAACC should come out on Steam sometime between the start of April and the end of June.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Voidworks » February 13th, 2016, 7:20 am

Hi. If you ever happen to work on this again, please revert "Neko", "Mecha", etc.

Romanization is a number of different systems that don't play well with each other, and romanization by itself does not mean anything without the original source. Because of these two things, there is no right or wrong romanization.

"Neco" and "Mech" are correct because that was what was written. Attempting to change the names at all suggests a questionable move by someone who's rushing a translation out. To do so this late into the public knowledge "life" of the series borders on a reactionary play by someone who has little respect for the source.

"Warachia" is legitimately incorrect because that name is a very real term in another language that is not spelled that way. But that is what the game uses, so there is still no reason to change it unless the developers thought of it as an error and attempted to fix it like any other error.

I'm surprised you didn't try to fix the "Engrish" while you were at it. Please don't do that either.

Thank you.
Voidworks
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat