MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Unread postby ArchDemon » July 5th, 2012, 6:20 am

omegasonic2005 wrote:Warning, Released the patch for MBAACC Rev 1.4

http://meltyblood.info/?p=747

Rev.1.4.0

-Fixed Arcade and PC Bounce Limit System difference
-C-KohaMech throw doesn't reset Bounces anymore
-CHF Archetype flight now have a limited time. After this limit, she lands without doing nothing

They updated to 1.4 to fix "netplay speed decrease"

Thanks to Inso for translation

Thanks for the info
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby omegasonic2005 » July 16th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Well, Archdemon

All that remains fourteen days for the first launching of the first patch MBAACC English Version are you doing. Tell me, I know that there is still the script, editing the images and the installer for the final version. So how many percent you think the project is finished until July 31?
omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread postby ArchDemon » July 17th, 2012, 2:31 pm

omegasonic2005 wrote:Well, Archdemon

All that remains fourteen days for the first launching of the first patch MBAACC English Version are you doing. Tell me, I know that there is still the script, editing the images and the installer for the final version. So how many percent you think the project is finished until July 31?

lol, I have no idea.

Everyone in the group works on their own sections at their own pace, so there's no real percentage I can give that would be accurate.
The project will not be finished on July 31st, only released in its current form.
After release, we'll continue to update the game until it has been completely translated into English.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Xenos Hydrargirum » July 18th, 2012, 7:10 am

Hello, and thank you for you work.

Did i understand you fully, that you are gonna release partially-translated script if some of the translators won't finish his part in time, and then update it and correct mistakes? Would you get error reports from players?

And, mostly popular question: Do you correct engrish/transcriptions, like, YumiDuka -> YumiZuka, according to original?
Xenos Hydrargirum
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » July 18th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Xenos Hydrargirum wrote:Hello, and thank you for you work.

Did i understand you fully, that you are gonna release partially-translated script if some of the translators won't finish his part in time, and then update it and correct mistakes? Would you get error reports from players?

And, mostly popular question: Do you correct engrish/transcriptions, like, YumiDuka -> YumiZuka, according to original?

Yes, we are going to release a partially translated patch. This decision was made when we first started that if we couldn't get everything completed by July 31st, we would release what we have done and continue to release updates as more of the patch is completed. We will have a thread for reporting errors as well and add any necessary fixes to future updates. Also, we will be correcting character names and moves wherever possible.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby omegasonic2005 » July 18th, 2012, 6:03 pm

How the story-mode of the characters, do you think have been translated so far the beginning of the beta test?
omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 20th, 2012, 5:45 pm

So pretty much something close to what you guys did with Fate/stay night at one point, but not overly as big I'll bet.

Anyways good luck with releasing with whatever you have at the due date, and I hope to see the finished product from you guys sometime soon now. :p
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby djenkov » July 27th, 2012, 6:18 am

Wow,I actually dreamed about the release of the patch.The only thing I remember is that there was a problem with the installer and you guys were wondering "should we delay the release date or should we release a buggy version...".
djenkov
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby LUISDooM » July 28th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Thanks for your work!! i can´t wait for the release... just a little more... i have two questions:
1- you´ll translate the opening video like you did in the original MB translation? (it would be nice to know waht it says...)
2- you use a custom program to know the frecuence rate of BGM (and pottentially change the music...) of MBAACC? because i want to change some songs like i did on MBAC... (not all because MB has an awesome soundtrack!!).
thanks in advance, and keep your hard work!!! (Sorry my bad english... :oops: )
LUISDooM
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 1st, 2012, 1:14 am

omegasonic2005 wrote:How the story-mode of the characters, do you think have been translated so far the beginning of the beta test?

Not done yet.

LUISDooM wrote:Thanks for your work!! i can´t wait for the release... just a little more... i have two questions:
1- you´ll translate the opening video like you did in the original MB translation? (it would be nice to know waht it says...)
2- you use a custom program to know the frecuence rate of BGM (and pottentially change the music...) of MBAACC? because i want to change some songs like i did on MBAC... (not all because MB has an awesome soundtrack!!).
thanks in advance, and keep your hard work!!! (Sorry my bad english... :oops: )

1. Never thought about it. I'll talk to the translator about it later. Thanks for asking.
2. Extracted with an internal tool and then played with WinAMP. :P
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Xenos Hydrargirum » August 1st, 2012, 12:55 pm

Shall repost it here, due to possible misunderstanding:
Could you, please, remove those very disturbing " Please wait -> Push start button" lines from Arcade mode and main screen?
They seem to be from arcade machines and don't meen anything in pc versions, not to mention there were none in original, if i remember correctly.
Thanks in advance.
Xenos Hydrargirum
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArcheTYPE » August 1st, 2012, 1:13 pm

Thank you very much for all of your work, been using lots of your patches so far and really liked them.

Just thought I would give you this, a YouTube user did lots of videos with parts of stories, win quotes and all translated in English, it's from Actress Again (PS2) but I don't think anything changed that much :

- Nanaya's Arcade Mode
- White Len's Arcade Mode
- Kohaku's Arcade Mode]
- Roa's Arcade Mode
- Riesbyfe's Arcade Mode Part 1
- Riesbyfe's Arcade Mode Part 2
- Riesbyfe's Arcade Mode Part 3
- Riesbyfe's Arcade Mode Part 4
- Hisui's Arcade Mode Part 1
- Hisui's Arcade Mode Part 2
- Ryougi's Arcade Mode
- Seifuku Akiha's Arcade Mode

- Tohno Shiki's Win Quotes
- Nanaya Shiki's Win Quotes
- Sion Atlasia Win Quotes
- Ryougi Shiki Win's Quotes
- Warakia's Win Quotes
- White Len's Win Quotes

Ok I'm sure I forgot some but oh well, hope this helps ! Can't wait for future updates :D
ArcheTYPE
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 1st, 2012, 3:40 pm

Xenos Hydrargirum wrote:Shall repost it here, due to possible misunderstanding:
Could you, please, remove those very disturbing " Please wait -> Push start button" lines from Arcade mode and main screen?
They seem to be from arcade machines and don't meen anything in pc versions, not to mention there were none in original, if i remember correctly.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you mean by original, but these text messages exist in the original Japanese version of MBAACC.
All we did was modify them slightly to look more natural.

If the text bothers you that much, here's a modified executable with the text removed: Download

However, do note that the above executable is completely unsupported and will most likely not be included in future updates.

ArcheTYPE wrote:Thank you very much for all of your work, been using lots of your patches so far and really liked them.

Just thought I would give you this, a YouTube user did lots of videos with parts of stories, win quotes and all translated in English, it's from Actress Again (PS2) but I don't think anything changed that much :

Ok I'm sure I forgot some but oh well, hope this helps ! Can't wait for future updates :D

We're glad you like them. :)
Thanks for the video links. While we appreciate the effort, all of our translation efforts are done almost entirely in-house.
I'll update this thread in the next few days to reflect our current progress.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby RaffyS » August 1st, 2012, 9:51 pm

Very sweet. One question, does this game support gamepads or arcade sticks?
RaffyS
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » August 2nd, 2012, 6:13 am

Yes, you can configure game controllers in the game launcher.

Unread postby TAndroid » August 5th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Trying to install the patch but it's not detecting the disk in the drive. How do I make it look in Drive F?
TAndroid
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » August 5th, 2012, 8:54 pm

TAndroid wrote:Trying to install the patch but it's not detecting the disk in the drive. How do I make it look in Drive F?

It could be that you have a pressing that's different from ours. I'll be happy to add support for your disc, but I'll need a list of files from the disc. Could you do the following for me?

Start -> Run
Type cmd and press enter
Enter the following commands:
f:
dir /s > c:\dirlist.txt
exit

(Note that you can change c:\dirlist.txt to any file/drive/directory you want.)

Then could you mail the c:\dirlist.txt file to arcueidbrunestud@rocketmail.com? Please do NOT copy-paste the contents of the file, but mail the file directly tas an attachment. (Otherwise the encoding of the Japanese filenames might be altered, rendering the filelis useless to me.)

Unread postby lelouch107 » August 6th, 2012, 5:17 am

Thank you for your hard work, I love the translation work mirror moon has done and look forward to the finished release of actress again current code!
lelouch107
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby djenkov » August 7th, 2012, 4:57 am

Hey,I was just wondering.How you edit the images?I mean,what do you change about them.I am just being curious.
djenkov
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » August 7th, 2012, 5:29 am

djenkov wrote:Hey,I was just wondering.How you edit the images?I mean,what do you change about them.I am just being curious.

Image editing refers to all Japanese text rendered in images, rather than plaintext. To translate those, we have to edit the image itself. This involves first removing the Japanese text without distorting the background, and then inserting English text with the same font, color, etc.

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat