MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

walrus
Totally hardly posted

Re: MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Unread post by walrus » April 15th, 2015, 9:33 am

In a random quote of Sion, she said about ''giant Hugi''. Does anyone know what it means then?

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » April 18th, 2015, 2:51 am

Hi, guys. Sorry for the later reply. I've poked our image editor about those images and hopefully he'll be able to start working on them on Monday.
walrus wrote:In a random quote of Sion, she said about ''giant Hugi''. Does anyone know what it means then?
That quote has actually been changed to make it easier to understand.

Ryuusoul/Raze's original translation:
There are none who can match our speed.
Even the Norse gods could not match the speed
of the giants' Hugi.

Yoten's retranslation:
There are none who can match our speed.
Not even the Norse gods could keep up with
Utgard-Loki's Hugi.

Translation notes by Yoten:
Hugi (name means "thought") is a mythical figure summoned by a giant king
(Utgard-Loki) to race against a member of Thor's party

RikuNoctis
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by RikuNoctis » April 25th, 2015, 4:03 am

Alcratz wrote:after a couple years of consistently checking back here for updates, i finally make a post here myself i gotta have a capital letter in my password what is this

im never not looking forward to this being fully translated (or at least a patch with riesbyfes stuff finished). i know you guys are super occupied with your own lives and pursuing your prestigious careers and whatnot, and consequentially you dont find much time to devote to this (inb4 you have a summer break, though), but a whopping handful of peeps are cheering you on for keeping this alive and in progress for so long. translating must be tedious work, and thats a lot of images to edit... but eventually ill be able to experience all of riesbyfes purest shenanigans in glorious english

mini motivational speech aside, besides your progress on riesbyfes stuff, there are a couple things im kinda worried about, particularly stuff thatd qualify under menu text but isnt translated for whatever rieson (must be images, i guess) and so i just wanna advocate. japanesu still exists on the command lists, almost certainly to tell us how we can do/manipulate things

here weve got little colored boxes that must tell us important stuff, like the green one must be telling me i can hold the button and achieve some different affect, and the blue one is probably telling me i can use my glorious DP in the air. theres probably more of these, and theres other things, too:

this stuff must respectively be trying to tell me that wrist potato can only be used while youre guarding, i need HEAT to be active to do my arc drives (self explanatory i guess), and the last arc stuff must be telling me that it can be activated in blood heat with a standing/crouching EX shield. another thing ive always been looking at is:

i would assume that all of this writing is a breif overview of the style (after actually poking around, it looks like it isnt character specific). it looks like it can be overpowered by player1s character sprite but yknow

some of this stuff you really wouldnt know unless you just stumbled upon it while experimenting or you looked it up (god forbid, bless my frands heart who refuses to google things). this stuff would be kinda cool to have possibly prioritized or something, since its kinda relevant to gameplay and having the stuff in english would make knowledge way more accessible to newer players and junk. this stuff isnt really that big of a deal (i feel bad for making a vertically large post about it), but yknow its stuff ive always been looking at thatd be cool to have done *goes back into hiding*
空中可 = Aerial
ホールド可 = Hold
投げ = Throw

Your good and old basic mechanics of your typical fighting game. It's pretty easy to figure it out when you try the command itself on the ground, while jumping or making combos.

And yeah, the other ones indicate what you need to do to make use of said move, like having MAX HEAT and/or BLOOD HEAT while guarding on the ground or air.

Yoten
Addict

Unread post by Yoten » May 5th, 2015, 4:31 pm

Alas, no summer break for me. I am well beyond my college years and employed. :P

That said, I've been making more time for MBAACC work. All of Riesbyfe's stuff has been translated long ago (she has two separate campaigns -- easily the most content of all of the characters) and needs to be edited. Roa and Nrvnqsr were translated by Kaens but I need to do a second pass on them. Archetype's win quotes are all done and I'll be doing her campaign soon™. That said, I'm not sure how much of my work was actually in this latest patch -- I think all of the win quotes were using the old translations from the previous games.

UI stuff:

空中可 = Aerial available (you can use it on the ground OR in the air)
ホールド可 = Hold available (you can optionally hold the button to modify the attack)
ガード中に = While guarding
MAX HEAT時 = During MAX HEAT
BLOOD HEAT時に = During BLOOD HEAT
BLOOD HEAT時に地上EXシールド成立 = Execute an EX-Shield on the ground during BLOOD HEAT

(Not all Last Arcs are executed the same way -- some characters require an EX-Shield in the air instead of the ground.)

It looks like the styles were already translated from before I joined, but the images may not be edited yet. I'm sure it will be done before the final release. In the meantime, you can get more info on how the styles work from this wiki page.

Quibi
Might just like this board

Unread post by Quibi » May 13th, 2015, 7:11 pm

Riesbyfe's campaign is actually of most interest for me. But I'll still hold on for the complete patch.

omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread post by omegasonic2005 » May 17th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Hello archdemon

I would like to help on the format the translated and edited texts of Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code.

Could you please send me a PM with instructions on how to format the text formats that you plan to launch in the coming patches together with the texts so we can expedite the updating of the next patch. I also want to warn you that know how to insert the names of blows translated in vs. screen demo now and if they want, can also add the names of the stages of the game scenarios in CGs translated if they want too.

I have Photoshop, font texts and all needing to make this now.

Please, give me your answer when you can, okay?

nekoalucard
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by nekoalucard » May 23rd, 2015, 7:37 am

:shock: any news? we miss you ArchDemon Y.Y

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » May 23rd, 2015, 2:30 pm

Hi, all. Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm still around, just been very busy lately. I'm in the last few weeks of a web design course that I need to stay on top of.

It's been a while since I've looked at the project, so I'll set aside some time next weekend to see what needs to be done and shift the project focus towards that area. It'll probably involve checking with Dark_Pulse to see how the edits are going, checking with Daichi to see how he's doing with the menu graphics, checking with phiber to see if he could hack in more space for the win quotes, and then me inserting as much edited text as possible.

I think Yoten is all done with the script translation, so I'll have to update the status section later.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » June 7th, 2015, 5:29 am

Okay, so I decided to remove all the formatting from the scripts for now since I was spending too much time on them and just do a straight insertion instead. It looks like Yoten is getting close to finishing True Ancestor Arcueid's scripts. phiber disappeared last week so I need to wait for him to come back to ask about the exe hacks, and Dark_Pulse has been busy with personal stuff. I asked Daichi to take a look at the character selection images but I'll need to poke him again after I add some more scripts. I'm busy myself with exams and assignments due this week, but I'll try fix (remove) all the formatting and add new scripts to get a new patch out as soon as possible.

walrus
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by walrus » June 8th, 2015, 7:19 am

Hope we can get a new patch in this July.

omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread post by omegasonic2005 » July 2nd, 2015, 1:32 pm

I also hope that this July we have a release of a new patch with new story modes-translated the characters, or otherwise, for all we can put the updated information in Type-Moon Wiki about the characters of Tsukihime/Kagetsu Tohya/Melty Blood Serie before the release of Rebirth: Tsukihime.

From what I heard on the new information about the remake, it would still be made in Misaki Town, but far more metropolitan than before and that the city is located in close vicinity of Tokyo. Even we have a new character, would be a young teacher woman to teach for Shiki and Co. in college where he studies.

omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread post by omegasonic2005 » July 9th, 2015, 1:17 pm

Well archdemon.

I see you've updated the status of the project and happy that the story mode of all characters in the game has been translated. In the case of win / lose quotes, even if lacking only 6.8%, still with these phrases are translated and edited, I would like to see a new patch with all the story mode of the game characters or even an e-mail (you already I have mine) to read the storyline a little to understand the history and the line of chronological time where Melty Blood Actress Again events occurred.

Another thing is that with this information already translated, we can upgrade the sections of Tsukihime characters and their roles in MBAACC as the personalities of Red Arcueid, Archetype: Earth and their personalities, part of Riesybfe that there is not much really, etc.

Give me a PM to meet me when you have time, all right?

omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread post by omegasonic2005 » July 12th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Good to see that the translation work of storymodes and win quotes is finally almost over, with both being 100% complete, missing only edit and enter the 47.6% of storymodes and 44.3% of winquotes to finish all the work translation of the story mode. Because the Omega Erkz have made a mod so we can play the Boss Rush mode, expect to see a translation so also when launching the next patch included with this mod for joy staff playing Melty Blood Actress Again on the PC.

Issues relating images, editing Command Lists, the Opening and the insertion of patches to enable Eclipse Style for all personagesn of MBAACC to be made last. And if you want, I have some old quotes and win their voices found in relation to Ciel files, Satsuki and Akiha (normal version) to be inserted to complete the phrase winquotes them if they are interested. If not, I can also do this when launching the next patch and pick up the Act Cadenza phrases to complete the translation work.

Yoten
Addict

Unread post by Yoten » July 13th, 2015, 4:45 pm

We've just released a new version!

Please check the first post in this thread for details.

Quibi
Might just like this board

Unread post by Quibi » July 13th, 2015, 10:28 pm

Yay :D
Good job guys!

walrus
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by walrus » July 15th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Finally!

omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread post by omegasonic2005 » July 18th, 2015, 1:28 am

I wonder when will leave the patch name of new translations now that they are finished. I hope the other storymodes take less time now. The editing of the images may well wait until all story-modes, win / lose quotes and command list are fully edited completely to become more simple.

I noticed some mistakes in story-mode of Wallachia and at the end of Hisui & Kohaku and I will soon send a file to download in a PM to fix this.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » July 23rd, 2015, 12:54 am

omegasonic2005 wrote:I wonder when will leave the patch name of new translations now that they are finished. I hope the other storymodes take less time now. The editing of the images may well wait until all story-modes, win / lose quotes and command list are fully edited completely to become more simple.

I noticed some mistakes in story-mode of Wallachia and at the end of Hisui & Kohaku and I will soon send a file to download in a PM to fix this.
I think you mean "differences," not mistakes. I looked at the files and they appear to be very interesting.
But I need to know for authenticity reasons, how and where did you get the script files for the arcade machine?
Did the bgm files also come from the arcade machine or were they from the PS2 game or the soundtrack discs?

omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread post by omegasonic2005 » July 23rd, 2015, 12:34 pm

ArchDemon wrote:
omegasonic2005 wrote:I wonder when will leave the patch name of new translations now that they are finished. I hope the other storymodes take less time now. The editing of the images may well wait until all story-modes, win / lose quotes and command list are fully edited completely to become more simple.

I think you mean "differences," not mistakes. I looked at the files and they appear to be very interesting.
But I need to know for authenticity reasons, how and where did you get the script files for the arcade machine?
Did the bgm files also come from the arcade machine or were they from the PS2 game or the soundtrack discs?
Send now a PM for you with his answers.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » July 24th, 2015, 2:55 pm

omegasonic2005 wrote:
ArchDemon wrote:

Send now a PM for you with his answers.
Hi, thank you for the reply.

After talking it over with the staff members, we ended up deciding not to use those scripts as we want to keep the translated scripts as close to the original PC versions as possible.