MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Quibi
Might just like this board

Re: MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Unread post by Quibi » January 3rd, 2015, 6:00 pm

Happy new year and thanks for the update!

zodiac21
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by zodiac21 » January 17th, 2015, 4:20 am

sorry, I'm new. looks like this patch only translates the "inserted routes" section but is there a way to get the previously translated stuff?

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » January 20th, 2015, 4:51 am

zodiac21 wrote:sorry, I'm new. looks like this patch only translates the "inserted routes" section but is there a way to get the previously translated stuff?
If you're talking about the old 0.52 patch, you can get that from the first page of this thread next to "Latest Release News". The download links are on this page: http://mirrormoon.org/2012/09/mbaacc-english-v0-52/
I wouldn't use this patch though as most of the text would most likely have been retranslated and is currently in editing and the installer also currently installs a font file that we no longer use.

Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Drinkie » January 20th, 2015, 6:08 am

I would just like to say keep up the good work but don't rush it to the point where it interferes with your lives.

omegasonic2005
Addict

Unread post by omegasonic2005 » February 17th, 2015, 5:13 pm

For quite some time I hear no talk of a new update this traduação of MBAACC. I hope you have some news.

So if you have interested, I can make the graphics in Adobe Photoshop CS6 for translated names of strokes and game stages. Just send me a PM with the translated names. The special moves are not necessary, only the stages and if you want the old that we can add the game with the help of Erkz and another friend of yours the mirrormoon by me provide a decrypted file from the PS2 version MBAA.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » February 19th, 2015, 1:55 pm

omegasonic2005 wrote:For quite some time I hear no talk of a new update this traduação of MBAACC. I hope you have some news.

So if you have interested, I can make the graphics in Adobe Photoshop CS6 for translated names of strokes and game stages. Just send me a PM with the translated names. The special moves are not necessary, only the stages and if you want the old that we can add the game with the help of Erkz and another friend of yours the mirrormoon by me provide a decrypted file from the PS2 version MBAA.
I've been busy with studies lately, but we're still working on MBAACC. Erkz gave us some useful information which helped us make the story text smaller so we don't need to use the expanded window graphic anymore.

Here's what the text currently looks like (set to 480p and watch full screen or on YouTube for better visuals):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sZ2dTeXYxc

I still need to resize and format the story text for the other characters, so it might take a while. The win quotes for Kishima Kouma and Ryougi Shiki are translated and I'll insert them once I'm done formatting the story text for the other characters. We'll start thinking about the images once most of the text has been inserted into the game. I'm not sure if I can modify the win quote text like the story text, but I'll take a look when I get some spare time.

Quibi
Might just like this board

Unread post by Quibi » February 19th, 2015, 3:47 pm

Good job :D

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » March 15th, 2015, 2:46 pm

Hi, guys. Sorry for being quiet for so long. Studies have kinda taken over my life at the moment, but hopefully I'll be able to work on the game again this weekend. Just giving you all the heads up.

walrus
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by walrus » March 24th, 2015, 2:25 am

Looking forward.

PS: Perhaps off-topic, but I have found a very rare win quote of Ciel vs normal Akiha and Seifuku (most of the time Ciel does not have any specific quote to her) Image Thanks for the translation! Is there any strange win quote left?

Bakeneko
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Bakeneko » March 26th, 2015, 1:26 pm

Len quote when she say somthing VS Shiki Tohno is only thing i can think of.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » March 28th, 2015, 12:05 pm

The rare quotes are usually said when the player character loses to a specific computer character in Arcade Mode.
In the above picture, the player was Akiha and lost to Ciel.
I think almost every character has at least one quote like this.

walrus
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by walrus » March 30th, 2015, 3:14 am

Well, I saw it when playing Versus mode. Will try to get others.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » March 30th, 2015, 6:10 am

Heh, I forgot that was Ciel. Her win quote file is a bit different from the others and is full of duplicate quotes.
The one you mentioned looks like a normal quote, but there are some unique quotes that will only appear if the player defeated by a certain character.

Here's an example of what the win quote files look like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/em4iu8xmgzv2s ... n.txt?dl=0
(The file probably needs to be downloaded and locale set to Japanese to view it correctly.)

The rare quotes appear under the following text at the bottom of the file:
アーケードモードで固定CPU側として勝利した時用
(TL: For use when a fixed CPU side wins in Arcade Mode.)

The last quote appears if you're playing as Archetype: Earth and get defeated by Ciel.

walrus
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by walrus » March 30th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Thank you, but I cant find the following quote in-game:
''We have my sharply honed combat skills against your extended strategem tricks. They may be equal in value, but there is something critical that you lack.―――That's right, it's curry!''
Do you know which character Ciel talked to?

ActressAgain
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ActressAgain » March 30th, 2015, 6:26 pm

I see there is an update. Does this mean there are more inserted characters?

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » March 31st, 2015, 5:35 am

walrus wrote:Thank you, but I cant find the following quote in-game:
''We have my sharply honed combat skills against your extended strategem tricks. They may be equal in value, but there is something critical that you lack.―――That's right, it's curry!''
Do you know which character Ciel talked to?
She uses this quote when she wins against Kohaku and Koha & Mech.
Here's a character list I made a while back updated with English names:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f09lbq1a7hbpr ... t.txt?dl=0
ActressAgain wrote:I see there is an update. Does this mean there are more inserted characters?
Not at the moment. The current text needs to be reformatted before any more characters are inserted.
I've been pretty busy with studies lately, but I've started trying to get at least one character formatted per day.
I have holidays coming up in the next week or two, so hopefully things will speed up and I'll be able to add more characters to make a new patch.

ActressAgain
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ActressAgain » March 31st, 2015, 3:02 pm

Please, if possible, insert Archetype Earth with the next patch along with Roa, Nero Chaos and the Shelid chick (forgot her name). The story would be complete for me.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » March 31st, 2015, 3:57 pm

ActressAgain wrote:Please, if possible, insert Archetype Earth with the next patch along with Roa, Nero Chaos and the Shelid chick (forgot her name). The story would be complete for me.
I can try adding Riesbyfe's unedited scripts in the next patch, but Roa's and Nrvnqsr Chaos's scripts still need to be translation checked and Archetype: Earth's scripts still need to be translated.
I'll try to get in contact with Yoten to see if he can go over the scripts for Roa and Nrvnqsr Chaos and possibly translate the scripts for Archetype: Earth if he has any free time.

Alcratz
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Alcratz » April 9th, 2015, 9:47 pm

after a couple years of consistently checking back here for updates, i finally make a post here myself i gotta have a capital letter in my password what is this

im never not looking forward to this being fully translated (or at least a patch with riesbyfes stuff finished). i know you guys are super occupied with your own lives and pursuing your prestigious careers and whatnot, and consequentially you dont find much time to devote to this (inb4 you have a summer break, though), but a whopping handful of peeps are cheering you on for keeping this alive and in progress for so long. translating must be tedious work, and thats a lot of images to edit... but eventually ill be able to experience all of riesbyfes purest shenanigans in glorious english

mini motivational speech aside, besides your progress on riesbyfes stuff, there are a couple things im kinda worried about, particularly stuff thatd qualify under menu text but isnt translated for whatever rieson (must be images, i guess) and so i just wanna advocate. japanesu still exists on the command lists, almost certainly to tell us how we can do/manipulate things

here weve got little colored boxes that must tell us important stuff, like the green one must be telling me i can hold the button and achieve some different affect, and the blue one is probably telling me i can use my glorious DP in the air. theres probably more of these, and theres other things, too:

this stuff must respectively be trying to tell me that wrist potato can only be used while youre guarding, i need HEAT to be active to do my arc drives (self explanatory i guess), and the last arc stuff must be telling me that it can be activated in blood heat with a standing/crouching EX shield. another thing ive always been looking at is:

i would assume that all of this writing is a breif overview of the style (after actually poking around, it looks like it isnt character specific). it looks like it can be overpowered by player1s character sprite but yknow

some of this stuff you really wouldnt know unless you just stumbled upon it while experimenting or you looked it up (god forbid, bless my frands heart who refuses to google things). this stuff would be kinda cool to have possibly prioritized or something, since its kinda relevant to gameplay and having the stuff in english would make knowledge way more accessible to newer players and junk. this stuff isnt really that big of a deal (i feel bad for making a vertically large post about it), but yknow its stuff ive always been looking at thatd be cool to have done *goes back into hiding*

ActressAgain
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ActressAgain » April 10th, 2015, 11:33 pm

Alcratz wrote:after a couple years of consistently checking back here for updates, i finally make a post here myself i gotta have a capital letter in my password what is this

im never not looking forward to this being fully translated (or at least a patch with riesbyfes stuff finished). i know you guys are super occupied with your own lives and pursuing your prestigious careers and whatnot, and consequentially you dont find much time to devote to this (inb4 you have a summer break, though), but a whopping handful of peeps are cheering you on for keeping this alive and in progress for so long. translating must be tedious work, and thats a lot of images to edit... but eventually ill be able to experience all of riesbyfes purest shenanigans in glorious english

mini motivational speech aside, besides your progress on riesbyfes stuff, there are a couple things im kinda worried about, particularly stuff thatd qualify under menu text but isnt translated for whatever rieson (must be images, i guess) and so i just wanna advocate. japanesu still exists on the command lists, almost certainly to tell us how we can do/manipulate things

here weve got little colored boxes that must tell us important stuff, like the green one must be telling me i can hold the button and achieve some different affect, and the blue one is probably telling me i can use my glorious DP in the air. theres probably more of these, and theres other things, too:

this stuff must respectively be trying to tell me that wrist potato can only be used while youre guarding, i need HEAT to be active to do my arc drives (self explanatory i guess), and the last arc stuff must be telling me that it can be activated in blood heat with a standing/crouching EX shield. another thing ive always been looking at is:

i would assume that all of this writing is a breif overview of the style (after actually poking around, it looks like it isnt character specific). it looks like it can be overpowered by player1s character sprite but yknow

some of this stuff you really wouldnt know unless you just stumbled upon it while experimenting or you looked it up (god forbid, bless my frands heart who refuses to google things). this stuff would be kinda cool to have possibly prioritized or something, since its kinda relevant to gameplay and having the stuff in english would make knowledge way more accessible to newer players and junk. this stuff isnt really that big of a deal (i feel bad for making a vertically large post about it), but yknow its stuff ive always been looking at thatd be cool to have done *goes back into hiding*
This guy has a very solid point. I've always wondered what thowe texts meant. If you have time, after everything else is finished, can you translate what this guy said?