MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

djenkov
Totally hardly posted

Re: MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Unread post by djenkov » January 7th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Drinkie wrote:Don't worry about it take your time translating the game and creating patches isn't easy besides your all busy so none of us can blame you
Look, I appreciate that you understand them. I understand their situation too....but could you get their cock out of your throat please?

Unread post by Message » January 7th, 2013, 3:31 pm

djenkov wrote:Look, I appreciate that you understand them. I understand their situation too....but could you get their cock out of your throat please?
Look, I appreciate that you want to be realistic. I understand your situation too....but could you get your foot out of your mouth please? Seriously though, if you want to make a point, it would be much better served by sounding reasonable.

As for our situation, I think its safe to say that we do not believe in hurrying things at the cost of the quality of the translation or the quality of our lives. Nevertheless we do know there is a certain obligation to perform once a project has been announced, for the simple reason that an announcement reduces the chance of other people working on the game. Because Raze does not feel confident he'll have much time free for MBAACC in the foreseeable future, we have asked another translator to step in. He has agreed and we're confident the progress of the project is safe for the time being.

Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Drinkie » January 7th, 2013, 4:17 pm

djenkov wrote:
Drinkie wrote:Don't worry about it take your time translating the game and creating patches isn't easy besides your all busy so none of us can blame you
Look, I appreciate that you understand them. I understand their situation too....but could you get their cock out of your throat please?
Maybe you've not seen it happen before but i've seen people stop translating or making things because they have been pestered about it a good example would be the SMBZ series one of the reasons the guy who was making it stopped was because he was getting so many messages asking him when the next release was and i myself like the Type-Moon games and VN's so i don't want the same thing to happen to this project because some people were being annoying and pestering them to hurry up and release more translation patches they are human afterall not super computers they have lives that come first afterall

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » January 7th, 2013, 5:30 pm

So out of curisoity how much have you guys got done if you don't mind me asking.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

djenkov
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by djenkov » January 7th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Drinkie wrote:
djenkov wrote:
Maybe you've not seen it happen before but i've seen people stop translating or making things because they have been pestered about it a good example would be the SMBZ series one of the reasons the guy who was making it stopped was because he was getting so many messages asking him when the next release was and i myself like the Type-Moon games and VN's so i don't want the same thing to happen to this project because some people were being annoying and pestering them to hurry up and release more translation patches they are human afterall not super computers they have lives that come first afterall
And who is pestering who? Once every 4 months I am asking how is the going. Without pressure or criticism. Nobody is judging them or wants explanations [ From the beginning of the project I only asked once directly about the translation process for clarification purposes (after the clarification I apologized )]. And now when I point out that you are deep throating them (which you are), all of a sudden I (or we?) am pestering them? Fuck you.

I apologize. First for the grammar mistakes and second for the rough language. If by some reason I don't get banned after this, I won't curse anymore ( maybe I won't even post).

Unread post by Message » January 7th, 2013, 5:55 pm

Drinkie: Right, let's not get lost in a pointless debate on how to properly address a group of fan translators. We'd like to keep these forums pleasant.

djenkov: Thanks for understanding.

Kid-Wolf: Translation was very slow for the past three months, so we're still somewhere in the winquotes. I'm not sure about the actual percentages, but at this moment they don't really say very much with regards to when a next version will be ready for release. The fact that we have a new translator, on the other hand, does. Maybe Arch can give more interesting details, but I don't have any.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » January 8th, 2013, 10:37 am

Uh... *cough*. Wow... Lots of tension all of a sudden. Well, I guess I'll say a few things.

1. The project won't ever die before completion (unless we get a C&D).
2. I'm not bothered by people sending me messages asking when stuff will be completed since we've never had any definite time frame.
3. I'm only working on MBAACC for myself and the project members who also want to complete it, so I'm not bothered by any criticisms whatsoever.

Progress has been slow for a number of reasons. One being our personal lives such as our main translator going to med school and another being personal motivation. Some of us felt (myself included) that it had turned into a chore, so we've been taking a small hiatus on it for a bit. I was slowly formatting and inserting the win quotes before Christmas, but stopped for a little while again during the New Year. I'll finish the formatting and inserting of the currently translated win quotes soon (of which the translation is at 53.9% as of this post). All of Raze's free time has been taken up with med school, so we've had to find another translator with Raze now being the main quality checker. If there are any other questions, I will try to answer them the best I can.

Xenos Hydrargirum
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Xenos Hydrargirum » March 5th, 2013, 4:33 pm

HOi!
How are you doing there?

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » March 9th, 2013, 6:51 am

Hi, sorry for the lack of progress. I'll try to get the rest of the currently translated win quotes (53.9%) inserted over the weekend and then get a proper beta testing phase started asap.
Last edited by ArchDemon on March 9th, 2013, 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Corrected some information.

Xenos Hydrargirum
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Xenos Hydrargirum » March 21st, 2013, 3:58 pm

Hello. So you have only 53.9% win quotes translated and nothing more (Like, plot? The main idea what they are fighting for?)?

Hibiki7Soul
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Hibiki7Soul » March 25th, 2013, 12:43 am

It's a shame you guys got so many downturns, just do your best to keep it up.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » March 25th, 2013, 11:51 am

Xenos Hydrargirum wrote:Hello. So you have only 53.9% win quotes translated and nothing more (Like, plot? The main idea what they are fighting for?)?
Hi. We have more win quotes translated from our new translator, but they haven't been checked by our quality checker yet. No plot scripts have been translated yet. I'll try to discuss how to handle them over the next few days with the other project members, I just need to do a little catching up with my studies first.
Hibiki7Soul wrote:It's a shame you guys got so many downturns, just do your best to keep it up.
Thanks, will do. :)

rizaadon007
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by rizaadon007 » May 15th, 2013, 3:44 am

Soooo..... It's been a while since the last update... What's going on? Making any progress? I've been a fan Melty Blood for a while, and I can't wait till you guys are done with this.

Yoten
Addict

Unread post by Yoten » May 15th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Progress is kind of being made. People seem to be busy with school.

Yoten
Addict

Unread post by Yoten » May 15th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Alright, Archdemon updated the table in the first post. As you can see, I've gotten about 1/3 of the way through all the story dialog, but it still needs to be QC'ed and inserted.

Hibiki7Soul
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Hibiki7Soul » May 15th, 2013, 3:49 pm

It's good to see you guys have made some progress with the story, i guess we can only wait for now.

Xenos Hydrargirum
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Xenos Hydrargirum » June 11th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Heey, are you still alive?

rizaadon007
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by rizaadon007 » June 17th, 2013, 8:04 am

Sooo... it's been a month. How's it coming?

Yoten
Addict

Unread post by Yoten » June 17th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Now that translation has been progressing, editing has naturally become the new bottleneck. I continue to poke people, so it'll happen eventually.

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » July 7th, 2013, 9:24 pm

In any case I'm guessing that the MMO called IRL is taking up their time weither they want to play it or not of course. :3

Anyways to be serious now how much of the translations were don as of this point if you don't mind me asking.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.