MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Unread postby ArchDemon » February 14th, 2012, 4:11 pm

The MBAACC English translation project has been cancelled due to licensing by Arc System Works.
Please buy the game from Steam to help support French-Bread in their future games.
The latest patch 20161204 will remain up but will not be updated.

Click on the following links for more information:
http://arcsystemworksu.com/arc-system-works-releasing-5-titles-on-steam-by-summer-2016/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/411370/

Progress Report: MBAACC Boss Rush English 20161031 Released! Happy Halloween everyone! ArchDemon: 2016-10-31 1:30 PM PDT

And don't forget to:

MBAACC Boss Rush English 20161031: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]

Note: Only works with the original Japanese game and does not work on the Steam version.

MBAACC Announcer Voice Selector
MBAACC AVS Standalone v1.1: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]
MBAACC AVS Steam Executable v1.05: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]
MBAACC AVS Japanese Executable v1.07: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]
MBAACC AVS Japanese Executable v1.07 No Disc: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]
MBAACC AVS Boss Rush Executable 20161031: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]

Note 1: Download the Standalone archive and either the Steam or Japanese executable archive, and extract them to the game install directory for the voice selector to work.
Note 2: Avast! antivirus and possibly others might cause the voice selector to run very slowly. Disable DeepScan or add Voice.exe to the exceptions for it to work properly.

MBAACC Subtitled Opening Movie (for Steam and Japanese DVD): [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]

Latest News: http://mirrormoon.org/2016/01/mbaacc-project-on-hiatus/
Latest Release: http://mirrormoon.org/2015/12/mbaacc-english-beta-20151204-released/
Project Page: http://mirrormoon.org/projects/active/melty-blood-actress-again-current-code

Old News
Be sure to backup your original 0008.p file before using this patch.

What's New:

- Updated scenario and win quote scripts
-- Changed character names: Mecha-Hisui, Neko-Arc and Neko-Arc Chaos
-- Added edited story scripts and win quotes for Mecha-Hisui, Neko & Mecha and Koha & Mecha
-- Changed Mecha-Hisui's speech to resemble Tik-Tok from Wizard of Oz (Thanks Daichi)
-- Updated Riesbyfe's scripts and changed some instances of "disgusting" to "creepy"
-- Updated Miyako's scripts and added paretheses to Neko & Mecha's speech
-- Updated Hisui's win quotes

The 20151204 beta release contains:

- Edited game menus and translated command lists.
- Edited scenarios and win quotes for: Sion, Arcueid, Ciel, Akiha, Hisui & Kohaku, Hisui, Kohaku, Tohno Shiki, Arima Miyako, Wallachia, Nrvnqsr Chaos, Vampire Sion, Berserk Arcueid, Mecha-Hisui, Yumizuka Satsuki, Len, Fully Armed Ciel, Aozaki Aoko, White Len, Neco Arc Chaos, Kishima Kouma, Tohno Akiha (Seifuku), Riesbyfe, Ryougi Shiki, Neko & Mecha, Koha & Mecha, True Ancestor Arcueid, Dust of Osiris.
- Edited name tags for arcade mode and other minor images.

Known Issues:

- The current change log accidentally refers to Tin Man instead of Tik-Tok.
- Japanese text is unviewable due to being unsupported by the DejaVu Sans Mono font.
- Many images are not translated.
- Some images need to be updated with the correct character names.
- Avast! antivirus and possibly others might cause the announcer voice selector to run very slowly. Disable DeepScan or add to exceptions for it to work properly.

MBAACC English Beta 20151204 Download Link: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum] Note: Use 7-zip or compatible to extract.
MBAACC English Announcer Voice Selector v1.0: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]
MBAACC English Beta Executable with Arcade Text Removed (Unsupported): [MediaFire]

Project Status (Last Updated: 2015-12-05 3:48 PM EST)
Completed: MBAACC English Beta 20151204 Released (2015-12-05)
Work-In-Progress: Win quotes | Story scripts | Images | Open Beta

Translation Progress
SectionTranslatedEditedInsertedReleased
Menus100%100%100%100%
Command Lists100%0%100%100%
Images100%9.7%9.7%9.7%
Story Text100%85.3%85.3%85.3%
Win Quotes100%86.1%86.1%86.1%
OP Lyrics100%100%100%100%

Notes
634/634 win quotes translated.
177/177 story scripts translated.
82/844 images edited.
OP lyrics will be added last due to patch bloat.

Active Member Status
ArchDemon: Inserting edited and translated scripts, editing images.
Dark Pulse: Editing translated scripts.
Yoten: Quality checking edited scripts.
Kaens: Verifying translated scripts.
Daichi: Editing images.

Road Map
1. Make unpacker (to check for project feasibility).
2. Translate text in Information directory (to create interest).
3. Find translator.
4. Extract and sort project files.
5. Import image information into spreadsheet.
6. Cross-reference raw images with previous games.
7. Make repacker.
8. Hack executable to load certain files externally.
9. Make installer.
10. Import command list text into spreadsheet.
11. Cross-reference command list text with previous games.
12. Translate rest of command lists. (Finalize with second pass?)
13. Cross-reference versus screen command list images. (Finalize with second pass?)
14. Translate remaining images.
15. Edit images. <- WIP
16. Insert translated command list text. (Finalize with second pass?)
17. Make new font for menu text (*nb.1), and for story script, command lists and win quotes. (*nb.2, 3)
18. Edit Information text to resemble game menu text.
19. Hack and translate executable.
20. Import win quotes into spreadsheet.
21. Cross-reference win quotes with previous games.
22. Translate story script and rest of win quotes.
23. Translate opening movie.
24. Include 3rd-party key remapper.
25. Write readme. (Updated per release)
26. Beta test. <- On-going
27. Release? (Currently at beta 20151204)

nb.1: Custom font needed for replay selection to fix text character limitations within executable (e.g. Hisu, Koha, Hisui&Koha).
nb.2: The story script, command lists and win quotes all use the same fixed-width font file, but are displayed at different widths when using half-width text due to game engine.
nb.3: Currently using a modified version of IPA Mona Gothic as a temporary internal font. This will be changed to DejaVu Sans Mono before final release.
nb.4: Sound files used in the story script might be split due to text display limitations.

Trivia
1. Frequency rate for "good morning,anima mundi" BGM is 22050Hz instead of 44100Hz like the others.
2. Ciel: "Black Key - Conviction (First Sign)", "Black Key - Circumcision (Second Sign)" and "Black Key - Decapitation (Third Sign)" attack names all changed to "Black Key - Conviction (***** Sign)" in MBAACC.
3. Sion TATARI: "Blood Bible - Heart Breaker" Last Arc does not exist in MBAACC.
4. Yumizuka Satsuki: 吸血衝動 (Vampiric Impulse) attack name changed to 一口だけごめんなさいっ! (Sorry, just one bite!).

Project Log
2016-04-26: MBAACC AVS Steam Executable updated to v1.02.
2016-04-22: MBAACC Subtitled OP Movie reencoded for Steam release.
2016-04-21: MBAACC AVS Executable v1.01 released.
2016-04-20: MBAACC AVS v1.1 released.
2016-01-04: MBAACC Project put on hiatus until Steam release.
2015-12-19: MBAACC Project halted due to licensing by Arc System Works.
2015-12-04: MBAACC English Beta 20151204 released.
2015-11-02: MBAACC English Beta 20151102 released.
2015-10-01: MBAACC English Beta 20151001 released.
2015-09-01: MBAACC English Beta 20150901, English OP and AVS 1.0 released.
2015-07-25: Modified internal font. Nikukyu~
2015-07-24: MBAACC English Beta 20150724 released.
2015-07-24: Audited and cleaned inserted scripts.
2015-07-14: MBAACC English Beta 20150714 released.
2014-09-29: MBAACC English Beta 20140929 released.
2014-09-13: MBAACC English Beta 20140913 released.
2014-09-06: MBAACC English Beta 20140906 released.
2014-08-22: MBAACC English Beta 20140822 released.
2014-08-12: MBAACC English Beta 20140812 released.
2013-11-22: Increased text space by an extra line for cut scenes in arcade mode.
2013-11-19: Executable re-hacked to remove custom font and fix win quotes.
2012-09-12: MBAACC English v0.52 released.
2012-08-01: MBAACC English v0.51 released.
2012-07-31: MBAACC English v0.5 released.
2012-07-26: Key remapper GUI completed.
2012-07-07: Updated executable to Rev 1.4.0
2012-07-01: Installer for beta builds finished.
2012-06-30: In-game fonts selected for pre and post script translation.
2012-06-09: Included mbaacctool by mauve and ALNo23.
2012-06-07: Command lists inserted.
2012-04-26: Updated executable to Rev 1.3.0
2012-03-24: Executable translated.
2012-03-20: Command lists translated.
2012-03-01: Information text edited.
2012-02-18: Repacker made. Hacked executable no longer needed.
2012-02-11: Executable hacked to load external files.
2012-02-01: Images re-checked. Image translation started.
2012-01-26: Sorted images for editing.
2012-01-10: Project announced.
2012-01-02: Information text translated.
2012-01-01: Unpacker made.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Re: MBAACC Translation Progress Thread

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 14th, 2012, 11:24 pm

Well it looks like you guys got your work cut out for ya' it would seem, but good luck. I hope to get it and play it once you guys finish your work.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Quibi » February 15th, 2012, 11:42 am

It's nice hearing about updates :)
*waiting patiently*
Quibi
Might just like this board

Unread postby LUISDooM » February 17th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Nice. There was a good job with MB-ReAct and Act Cadenza (My favourite...) so i´ll looking forward for this!!! Good Luck!
Sorry my bad english :oops:
LUISDooM
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 20th, 2012, 5:49 pm

Well I guess it looks like you guys are comming along rather well. Also, hearing that you guys are targeting a release between now and June/July this year sounds like you got your work cut out for ya' then. In any case hope things go smoothly from here on out then.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby SockNinja013 » March 20th, 2012, 7:41 am

Glad to see you guys have started back up again. I look forward to the release and being able to know what the characters are saying.

On a side note, would it be possible to add in ryougi's stage again? I've got no idea why they got rid of it in the pc release. It'd be nice to play to the awesome soundtrack again.
SockNinja013
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » March 21st, 2012, 1:17 pm

Ryougi's stage is actually still in the PC version. I'm not sure if there is a proper way of unlocking it (I'm assuming you probably need to finish the game with all characters or something), but you can also unlock it by using a trainer which you can find here.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Icecreampanda » March 23rd, 2012, 3:04 pm

It's so great you started translation of mbaacc already! It would be a great thing to be able to read storyline scrpts. I'm looking forward to see your translation!
From Russia with love.
Icecreampanda
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby leinaud » April 9th, 2012, 3:06 am

Great to see you guys are doing this!

Quick q since I don't feel like spending a small fortune unless I am sure (the Blu-ray with the game is currently 10,380 yen on Amazon.co.jp!). If I am to get this version (of the game), will it have all of the previous versions stages and characters within it? (I.E. Melty Blood all the way up to Actress Again?) Thanks!
-Dan
leinaud
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ArchDemon » April 15th, 2012, 11:59 am

It has most of the previous characters in it (not sure about Neko Chaos Black G 666) and most of the previous stages (Bloodstained Alley hasn't officially been in the MB series since MBAC, but was playable without music using a hack). I've heard rumors about the possibility of the game being sold separately, but I can't confirm this.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby leinaud » April 18th, 2012, 2:00 pm

Ahh, got it, thanks. I'm just getting into MB since it is the last of the Type Moon franchise I haven't done yet. (Aside from the new game coming out...)

On a side note, seems like they have now lowered the list price of the blu-ray set and game to 8400 yen so maybe by the time the patch is finished it will be even cheaper ^_^
-Dan
leinaud
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 23rd, 2012, 6:06 am

I doubt they would have Chaos G666 or even G Akiha as well here, but if they did I'd say it's good of them to keep the major boss time attack run invovled in this still. In any case hope to see this translated soon so I can play this one like I did with the prior games.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby djenkov » May 19th, 2012, 6:20 am

I don't want to sound rude but...whats so hard about cross-reference?It should have be done by now...
djenkov
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » May 19th, 2012, 6:48 am

Some of us have jobs and others are studying. We're not exactly swimming in free time here.
I'd rather not go into the details, but it takes time as I have to manually extract everything from the previous games (mainly MBAC), place the Japanese and English translations into text files so I can easily verify which translation goes with what quote (my Japanese still isn't very good) and then search for the text in MBAACC and make a note if anything has been changed from the previous games which might possibly require re-translation. We're doing what we can with the time we have. At least we're not keeping everyone in the dark about it. If there are any other questions, I will attempt to answer them to the best of my ability.

Another thing, please don't say that such and such should've been done by now...... It really lowers my motivation......
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby djenkov » May 19th, 2012, 7:12 am

Oh,I feel bad now...Sorry for the stupid question,I hate being ignorant.
djenkov
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » May 19th, 2012, 7:33 am

No problem. I'm glad you understand our situation :)
Please feel free to ask about anything else you're interested in.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Tetrafirez » May 21st, 2012, 2:12 pm

ArchDemon wrote:Some of us have jobs and others are studying. We're not exactly swimming in free time here.
I'd rather not go into the details, but it takes time as I have to manually extract everything from the previous games (mainly MBAC), place the Japanese and English translations into text files so I can easily verify which translation goes with what quote (my Japanese still isn't very good) and then search for the text in MBAACC and make a note if anything has been changed from the previous games which might possibly require re-translation. We're doing what we can with the time we have. At least we're not keeping everyone in the dark about it. If there are any other questions, I will attempt to answer them to the best of my ability.

Another thing, please don't say that such and such should've been done by now...... It really lowers my motivation......

I never realized so much went into translating a game. Over 3 years ago I used your translation patch for MBAC and loved it. I created an account solely to thank you for the MBAC patch you undoubtedly poured much of your time into, and to encourage you as you progress through the patch for MBAACC. At least, at first I did. In the last 3 years of college I have taken 4 "years" of Japanese (I crammed one "year" into an intensive summer course) and have become fairly decent at it. I would like to offer you help cross referencing or with general translating. Depending on how hard dissecting and manually extracting text to cross reference from the the games is, I could possibly help with that as well. Please, get back to me here or PM me.

Until then,

Tetra
Tetrafirez
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » May 21st, 2012, 3:26 pm

Hi, Tetra. I'm glad you enjoyed our MBAC translation patch. :)

I've just been a bit busy at uni lately with the finals approaching and all, but I have the cross-referencing for the win quotes under control now. I expect it will take me somewhere within 4-5 days to complete after which I'll have to discuss matters with the other staff members to see how much time everyone has for their sections. All the command lists have been translated, but they might be checked again if there is time (which is why I haven't crossed them off the road map yet. I've double-checked these together with the translator previously, but there might've been the rare slip-up somewhere). The cross-referencing for the versus screen command list images is just a matter of copying certain attack names from the command lists (after they have been finalized) and adding them to the image translations. We appreciate the offer, but we have everything under control for the time being. :) Hopefully things will start moving again over the next few days or so.

Regards,

ArchDemon
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Tetrafirez » May 21st, 2012, 5:56 pm

Glad to hear it's going well! My uni lets out very early; I've been done for nearly a month now lol. Good luck with finals. The offer still stands if you think of anything at all in the future =]
Tetrafirez
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby oDHAOSo » May 24th, 2012, 7:40 pm

I know this will probably entail a lot of work but could you work in a key remapper for us keyboard players?
oDHAOSo
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat