Um... my comp's saying mbr.exe is a trojan.

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Um... my comp's saying mbr.exe is a trojan.

Unread postby superBlast » January 9th, 2011, 6:53 am

Well my virus scanner thing is saying mbr.exe (it's in the melty blood react english patch) is a virus trojan whatever. I was mainly wondering if I should restore it or if it really is a trojan to let you guys know. I wanna restore it but I'm not 100% positive it's not a virus (I've got a bunch of comps messed up from a virus so i don't take any chances). so anyone here know what i should do?
superBlast
Totally hardly posted

Re: Um... my comp's saying mbr.exe is a trojan.

Unread postby Message » January 9th, 2011, 9:06 am

superBlast wrote:Well my virus scanner thing is saying mbr.exe (it's in the melty blood react english patch) is a virus trojan whatever. I was mainly wondering if I should restore it or if it really is a trojan to let you guys know. I wanna restore it but I'm not 100% positive it's not a virus (I've got a bunch of comps messed up from a virus so i don't take any chances). so anyone here know what i should do?

Theoretically it could be infected by something, but I don't think that's very likely. mbr.exe and mbr-english.exe have been detected as false positives by virusscanners before. It's probably safe to restore it. Please tell me, what virusscanner is this? I will report the false positive to them, so they can fix their virus definitions.

Unread postby superBlast » January 9th, 2011, 4:23 pm

Message wrote:Theoretically it could be infected by something, but I don't think that's very likely. mbr.exe and mbr-english.exe have been detected as false positives by virusscanners before. It's probably safe to restore it. Please tell me, what virusscanner is this? I will report the false positive to them, so they can fix their virus definitions.

I'm using panda cloud for my virus scanner. Yeah it was a false positive. Well at least i only just restored it but nothing has happened to my comp yet. Also thanks.
superBlast
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » January 9th, 2011, 7:34 pm

Thanks, the issue has been repoted to Panda Security.

Unread postby solopy567 » January 10th, 2011, 1:49 pm

This very same issue comes up with Norton Anti-virus just so you know.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » January 11th, 2011, 6:24 am

Thanks, has been reported.

Return to Melty Blood Chat