Updates on progress of Melty Blood patch [2004/03/27]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Updates on progress of Melty Blood patch [2004/03/27]

Unread postby TheXev » March 28th, 2004, 12:59 am

Take a look at this screenshot from the translated manual in progress.

ScriptDoc only has a few minor things to finish translating, and I am currently reformatting the manual using Dreamweaver. Right now the manual is formatted for Unicode, but I may release it in an ISO format if enough people request it. After we are done with.

After the manual has been completed and released, we will move on to the Melty Blood ReACT demo, inserting our English menus. The Melty Blood ReACT demo will have to be distributed in its entirety, as we have no way of providing a simple patch as we do with Melty Blood. I am hoping for the ReACT demo to also contain an English manual, as even I do not understand some of the new features (like ?Blood Heat?).
Last edited by TheXev on April 3rd, 2004, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Li-kun » March 28th, 2004, 12:11 pm

Wow, so you guys are translating the manual atm.
I believe that the manual isn't really that important, you'll learn in game anyways.

The Re-Act feature "Blood Heat" isn't too hard to learn.
When in HEAT mode press 222D. While in Blood Heat you'll be faster, so you can juggle better. Also when you use the main supermove it will be powered-up.
Arc can also do a special air counter in the air during bloodheat.
Try to find the hidden ghost in my siggy.
Li-kun
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Soulfang » March 28th, 2004, 1:38 pm

Well, it's always nice to have a manual to answer questions that you may have about the game.
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » March 28th, 2004, 4:09 pm

Great Job!!! I can't believe you guys are going so fast. Whats next after the ReAct demo? Hopefully a fixed patch for MeltyBlood with *possibly* a dialagoue teaser! :D
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby TheXev » March 29th, 2004, 5:11 pm

Well, we will release a fixed patch for Melty Blood after we?ve actually addressed the issues (I am personally spending most of this week catching up one some back school I have to make up). I doubt we?d release a dialog teaser unless we actually address the T E R I N I G M A font issue we?re experiencing right now. I may decided to hold off on dialog until ReACT is released, and then release a ReACT only patch (this is ONLY a CONSIDERATION at the moment, so no bitching about it right now!) as ReACT may feature a newer scripter that supports veritable or half width fonts. I should actually take a look at the demo?s code a bit later today to see if that is indeed the case.

As for the manual?s translation, it is about 98% done with the exception of a few minor things like the comments to the pictures. I?m about 2/3?s of the way done reformatting the manual with the translated text (so it looks nice). I?ve spent about 9 hrs already reformatting the manual, which is more time then even I expected it would take.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby TheXev » April 1st, 2004, 3:18 am

Today I finished most of the text insertion on the manual. ScriptDoc is now working on scripts 02 and 03 (of 20 or so) in the game. Work will move on to finally doing the font hack very soon, and making the fixes to the menu?s in Melty Blood.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » April 2nd, 2004, 11:08 pm

Great job, hopefully you guys will complete the font hack soon XD. Also great April Fools joke. I wonder how many people fell for it. Although it would have been better if you guys had a download or fake bittorrent that when it was done would say "April Fools"...
-DragonNeoReborn
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Return to Melty Blood Chat