English Mb.exe? Mine vanished.

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

English Mb.exe? Mine vanished.

Unread postby Yoyoenix91 » June 13th, 2009, 4:55 am

Okay, I have all of the Melty Blood games on my laptop, but I had to cut the power to my laptop in a rush due to an emergency family situation, and now that it's over, I've booted up and found that Mb.exe for the original Melty Blood is gone. Everything else is fine, but it's gone. I don't have access to my discs right now so I can reinstall, but I'm sure all I'd need is an English patched Mb.exe. I don't think it would be against ToS, since without anything other files that came with the translation, my copy wouldn't run. Could someone host or send me a copy of the English patched Mb.exe?

Also, new here. Trying to immerse myself in the Nasuverse and 07th Expansion's works. Here to meet neat people. ^_^
Yoyoenix91
Totally hardly posted

Re: English Mb.exe? Mine vanished.

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 13th, 2009, 11:37 am

Yoyoenix91 wrote:Okay, I have all of the Melty Blood games on my laptop, but I had to cut the power to my laptop in a rush due to an emergency family situation, and now that it's over, I've booted up and found that Mb.exe for the original Melty Blood is gone. Everything else is fine, but it's gone. I don't have access to my discs right now so I can reinstall, but I'm sure all I'd need is an English patched Mb.exe. I don't think it would be against ToS, since without anything other files that came with the translation, my copy wouldn't run. Could someone host or send me a copy of the English patched Mb.exe?

Also, new here. Trying to immerse myself in the Nasuverse and 07th Expansion's works. Here to meet neat people. ^_^

ehh.. you mean the very first melty blood?

the one with only 5 characters and their evil counterparts?

I don't really believe anybody still has it when they can have act cadenza or actress again.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby solopy567 » June 13th, 2009, 3:21 pm

You know you could always install it again right?
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Yoyoenix91 » June 13th, 2009, 4:05 pm

solopy567 wrote:You know you could always install it again right?

Yoyoenix91 wrote:I don't have access to my discs right now so I can reinstall, but I'm sure all I'd need is an English patched Mb.exe.

Kind of a shame no one seems to have the original Melty Blood around. I haven't been able to play it for the Story Mode yet, and I don't want to resort to finding it... another way. Especially when I went out of my way to buy the disc for once. o_o;
Yoyoenix91
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 14th, 2009, 12:07 am

Yoyoenix91 wrote:
solopy567 wrote:You know you could always install it again right?

Yoyoenix91 wrote:I don't have access to my discs right now so I can reinstall, but I'm sure all I'd need is an English patched Mb.exe.

Kind of a shame no one seems to have the original Melty Blood around. I haven't been able to play it for the Story Mode yet, and I don't want to resort to finding it... another way. Especially when I went out of my way to buy the disc for once. o_o;

you bought it!?

why?
it is like buying a game boy color now a days...

anyways...
You can still get it if you resort to....other...
nope. Sorry. I can't tell. .

...but you bought it...
mmmm....

ok.
I will try but...
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 14th, 2009, 12:31 am

Well, I have the original MB. I can probably upload MB.exe file, if Message allows it
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 14th, 2009, 1:08 am

Chaos Chaud wrote:Well, I have the original MB. I can probably upload MB.exe file, if Message allows it

he won't.
I can bet my hands on it.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 14th, 2009, 1:15 am

zweiterversuch wrote:he won't.

I think that too... But, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 14th, 2009, 2:02 am

Chaos Chaud wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:he won't.

I think that too... But, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Right.

Give me a sec then.

I will bring the banning proof glass and some decoys just in case it doesn't work out as we expected.

if it were any other staff member we could try to bribe him with some nice pics of some character (legends say takajun likes imouto-like characters. I repeat that is what leyends say so I am not sure.) but in Messager's case no weak point has been determined.

It reminds me of silvester stalone in the JUDGE DREDD.

" I AM THE LAW!"
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » June 14th, 2009, 5:20 am

IIRC, Message is one of the few members of the Ciel followers. Try your luck with that :P
Anyway, you could wait for Message (or any other mod/admin) to answer here or go directly to the IRC channel and get yelled at. I also doubt there is a chance for the mb.exe being allowed to be linked.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 14th, 2009, 11:58 am

I think everyone in this forum for more than a month doubt it...
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » June 16th, 2009, 6:44 am

Yoyoenix91 wrote:I don't think it would be against ToS, since without anything other files that came with the translation, my copy wouldn't run. Could someone host or send me a copy of the English patched Mb.exe?

First of all, to answer the guys up there wondering about it, others uploading it for you would be against the EULA: "By installing this software you also agree to NOT modify or redistribute any part of this software without previous written consent from mirror moon." (They could have checked this easily by reading the readme.)

Anyway, to fix your problem, if you're really sure the mb.exe is the only file damaged, create an empty file called mb.exe, then edit the VersionNum entry in the registry (hklm\software\mirror moon\etc) and set it to something other than the version you're trying to install. That should get the installer to go into up/downgrade mode, instead of fixing mode. Not at all guaranteed to work, but if it's really just mb.exe that's missing then it might. Alternatively, install an older version over your current one and then your version over that one once more, so twice up/downgrading mode.

Yoyoenix91 wrote:Also, new here. Trying to immerse myself in the Nasuverse and 07th Expansion's works. Here to meet neat people. ^_^

Welcome, and enjoy. :)

Return to Melty Blood Chat