Playing online

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Playing online

Unread postby solopy567 » May 18th, 2009, 9:15 pm

How do I play online with Melty blood act cadenza? I have the MBCaster program to do that, but i dont understand how do i start fighting someone else.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Re: Playing online

Unread postby abscess » May 18th, 2009, 10:09 pm

Here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1948
That thread should be stickied. There have been various people coming to ask that same question.

P.S: It was written a long time ago, it may be outdated.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby solopy567 » May 18th, 2009, 10:37 pm

Just one simple question. Where do I set my player name in config_caster? I don't know which one it is.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 18th, 2009, 10:54 pm

The what?.... Ah, I dunno. Whenever I got my ass kicked ("played" online) I just entered my opponent's Hamachi IP or hosted. IIRC in MBCaster there isn't such a thing as setting a "player name".
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby solopy567 » May 18th, 2009, 10:57 pm

Cos when I start MBcaster when im connected to the network, it says i dont have a playername set and i should go to config_caster to change it.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Levethix » May 19th, 2009, 3:03 pm

solopy567 wrote:Cos when I start MBcaster when im connected to the network, it says i dont have a playername set and i should go to config_caster to change it.

if you have it set up correctly, the config_caster.ini should be in you MBACWIN folder where the exe is for starting the game and netplay are. doubleclick on it and it should bring up a notepad. Near the top there should be an area called player that looks like this

[PLAYER]
# This sets your player name. There is a 20 character limit.
# Allowed are alphanumberics, spaces, and .-_'
Name=

Enter the name you plan to use after the Name= and you should be set. No need to add a space either just type it directly up against that = sign.
Levethix
Might just like this board

Return to Melty Blood Chat