Nearly unbeatable G.Akiha on MBR thanks to bug?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Nearly unbeatable G.Akiha on MBR thanks to bug?

Unread postby demonblade » May 9th, 2009, 3:26 pm

I have torn my hair out trying to beat her in route 'G'. I think I've replayed the route nearly 4 times, which means I've fought her about 16 times.

Well, I can tell she's not really unbeatable...

Unless she's got an unlimited magic circuit attached to her. Which I know is NOT supposed to happen, looking at all the other videos on Youtube.

Those videos have her dealing max less than 2000 dmg for TWO shockwaves. I get knocked down to HALF health when hit with two-three shockwaves with her on unlimited magic circuit mode.

Using Shiki doesn't help, having ZERO projectile attacks.

It's not just her, every enemy I've fought since the end of the first route, 'Agitator', as had an unlimited magic circuit. Which obviously isn't supposed to happen.

I know there already is an unlimited magic circuit bug thread, but everyone there seems to think that's the norm, when it obviously isn't.

Any help to get rid of the unlimited magic circuit thingy? I've already tried reinstalling once.

It didn't work.
Atheism:
The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically
exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically arranged
itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.
Makes perfect sense.

"I am a spider, webbing in darkness. Welcome to this beautiful killing field." - Nanaya Shiki
demonblade
Addict

Re: Nearly unbeatable G.Akiha on MBR thanks to bug?

Unread postby Michael Nanaya » May 9th, 2009, 4:08 pm

It's not a bug, it's meant to be like that. (I think so at least)

In any case, I recomend that you do the following:

- Hold D when you enter arcade mode for a match with G-AKiha. This is kind of a time trial mode where you try to beat her as fast as you can. You'll know this worked because the character select screen will be red. Use this as many times as you like for practice against G-Akiha to develop some kind of strategy against her (which IMO is nearly impossible, but hey, it's worth a shot no?)

Hope it helps.
Michael Nanaya
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Mazyrian » May 9th, 2009, 9:47 pm

No, actually G Akiha is not supposed to have unlimited circuit.
I have the same happen to me: after fighting someone with unlimited circuit, everyone would also have. The solution was to go back to the main menu and continue; or possibly exit the game and continue (maybe having some random match first and continue? I don't exactly remember what was needed, but there was some way to "reset" the circuit thing).

Also, to be able to fight G Akiha with D you need first to have beaten Arcade at least once.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » May 10th, 2009, 6:50 am

That's an interesting bug. Could you elaborate on it? We can add it to the known issues in the readme, plus solution.

Unread postby Rokunaya » May 10th, 2009, 3:31 pm

Actually, when i faced/killed her, she had an unlimited Circuit. The only major thing it does is that it heals minor damage, so i didn't sweat it too much...
"Insert something creative and witty here, kthx."
Rokunaya
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mazyrian » May 10th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Message wrote:That's an interesting bug. Could you elaborate on it? We can add it to the known issues in the readme, plus solution.

It's been a while since I played ReACT, but as far as I remember, after you fought someone with unlimited circuit (generally the bosses), at least some times, everyone else in story mode would also have it. If only the last bosses had unlimited circuit normally, it would mean that starting story again would not be enough to solve this problem; maybe you had to have some match in vs mode, or maybe quit and restart the game? Or maybe starting some battle which opponent was not supposed to have unlimited circuit, returning to main menu, and continuing? Now I don't quite remember what I used to use to solve this, but there was some way.
This also happened in the original MB, IIRC, but since that didn't healed anyone there it wasn't quite as grave or notable (though Nrvnqsr or Wallachia doing two or three Arc Drives per round was nothing to sneeze at). The solution was the same there, I think (though again I don't remember exactly what that solution was).
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby demonblade » May 11th, 2009, 2:29 pm

For me, basically everything began after the first route, 'Agitator', where you ended up fighting Vamp Sion with an unlimited magic circuit in the last battle.

She was killed off easily enough, and so I continued on to playing the other routes.

From that point on, EVERY character I faced in Story Mode had an unlimited magic circuit, whether it be first-battle-Sion or Chaos. That also meant that they healed immediately ANY red bar damage, which made fights tougher, but still manageable (until they began spamming EX moves).

Then G. Akiha with that magic circuit, PLUS the unbelievable amount of damage (Seriously. Half health with TWO shockwaves? You can't even get enough hits in to get Blood Heat) dealt by her was just too annoying.

I have stopped trying to complete the routes, hoping for a decent solution. Instead, I spend my time playing arcade/vs mode. Lol.
Atheism:
The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically
exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically arranged
itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.
Makes perfect sense.

"I am a spider, webbing in darkness. Welcome to this beautiful killing field." - Nanaya Shiki
demonblade
Addict

Unread postby Message » May 11th, 2009, 3:10 pm

Does anyone know a good solution for this problem? What's been posted up until now is rather vague.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 11th, 2009, 5:01 pm

From what I could guess it sounded like that G Akiha isn't supposed to have the so called Unlimited Circut Bar, or something like that and is pretty much doing her supers from the get go.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Mazyrian » May 11th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Reinstalled ReACT. Finished first route (the actual number 1) and the final boseses sure enough had unlimited circuit (up till here all normal). Immediatly after started story mode again and indeed Sion had unlimited circuit. Returning to main menu and continuing did not change anything; quitting then game and restarting it did: I continued and Sion had the normal 100%.
So, if you have this problem, restarting the game should solve it.
Or this happens every time you start MB? If so, the problem maybe is a different one from mine. Maybe you should finish some other route (that is, playing against someone who is supposed to have unlimited circuit), and then restart the game and start story mode? Or finishing some duel, or some arcade?
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 12th, 2009, 3:57 am

For some odd reason I thought that this would of been mentioned in the bug report for the MBR game. Wait was the ReAct, or ReAct with Final Tuned patched into it?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Message » May 12th, 2009, 7:18 am

If it was the translation, than it was Final Tuned.

demonblade: Can you verify that the problem still exists for you after restarting the game? If so, can you try to find out what solves it?

Unread postby demonblade » May 14th, 2009, 8:51 am

Mazyrian wrote:Reinstalled ReACT. Finished first route (the actual number 1) and the final boseses sure enough had unlimited circuit (up till here all normal). Immediatly after started story mode again and indeed Sion had unlimited circuit. Returning to main menu and continuing did not change anything; quitting then game and restarting it did: I continued and Sion had the normal 100%.
So, if you have this problem, restarting the game should solve it.
Or this happens every time you start MB? If so, the problem maybe is a different one from mine. Maybe you should finish some other route (that is, playing against someone who is supposed to have unlimited circuit), and then restart the game and start story mode? Or finishing some duel, or some arcade?

I tried what you did.

It worked.

Guess problem solved, Message. Thanks for everyone's help.

*Edit: Too early to celebrate I guess. In the G route that I'm playing, Akiha retains the problem, after fighting Sion. Of course, the same goes for the Hisui + Kohaku fight, the Ciel fight and so's the Kohaku fight.

So, G Akiha still is a pain. Sigh.
Atheism:
Makes perfect sense.

demonblade
Addict

Unread postby demonblade » May 14th, 2009, 9:37 am

Sounds like a miracle, but I managed to beat G Akiha.

Nightmare as she was, though I'd hate to have to go through her again (which I know I have to). Sigh.

Problem still unsolved though.
Atheism:
Makes perfect sense.

demonblade
Addict

Unread postby Message » May 14th, 2009, 10:53 am

demonblade, your problem still isn't at all clear. If you fight a character with unlimited circuit, and subsequent characters are stuck with unlimited as well, can you or can you not solve it by re-running the game and continuing your story mode?

Unread postby Mazyrian » May 14th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Maybe there were some opponents in route G that are supposed to have unlimited circuit? If so, try restarting the game just before the battle against G Akiha.

And if everything else fails, you can lower the difficulty when against her.
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » May 14th, 2009, 5:05 pm

Mazyrian wrote:Maybe there were some opponents in route G that are supposed to have unlimited circuit? If so, try restarting the game just before the battle against G Akiha.

IIRC, lowering difficulty doesn't affect Story mode, only Arcade.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 14th, 2009, 5:41 pm

abscess wrote:
Mazyrian wrote:Maybe there were some opponents in route G that are supposed to have unlimited circuit? If so, try restarting the game just before the battle against G Akiha.

IIRC, lowering difficulty doesn't affect Story mode, only Arcade.

Actually I've tested that thoery and it works though. I think there was two difficulty settings one for story mode, and the other for arcade. If you set the difficulty dwon when yo uface her she doesn't overdo her suppers as much. As for the Unlimited Circut Bar I haven't had may problems with it when I've played it though.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby shirou12 » May 16th, 2009, 3:48 am

Oh is G Akiha supposedly have only 100% mana bar? I thought she is normally setted to unlimited circuit since she was the last boss in that route.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Return to Melty Blood Chat