MBAA on PS2, August 2009

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: MBAA on PS2, August 2009

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 25th, 2009, 3:06 pm

So they are adding Ahiki's schoolgirl outfit as a unique character this time around? In any case I kind of like how they added some of the Kara no Kyoukai locations into this series now. It only means that Ryougi may, or is, not the only KnK character that will join in on the crossover now.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby solopy567 » May 25th, 2009, 3:38 pm

Well, KnK is the only franchise in TYPE-MOON that didn't get its own fighting game, so they probably thought that making a whole new game for it was a waste, so they put her there. It could be a lot more interesting if they added Touko and Azaka, and maybe Souren Araya.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Uberoy » May 25th, 2009, 3:46 pm

solopy567 wrote:Well, KnK is the only franchise in TYPE-MOON that didn't get its own fighting game,

I dont see any Angel Note fighting game around here...
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby solopy567 » May 25th, 2009, 5:56 pm

I barely know Angel Notes so I didn't mention it.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Garcher » May 26th, 2009, 12:43 am

Hmm.. playing as the GunGod would be quite something, even though we don't know much about his abilities. How about playing as one of the Types? xD For the love of ORT make an all Type-Moon fighting game T_T
Garcher
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 26th, 2009, 12:48 am

Why do you guys want to Types brought into this fight? I mean they would be too broken to play with, or to fight against. Besides most of them are actually dead save for ORT and a few others.

Heck I kind of wonder who would be crazy enough to agrivate ORT enough for him to be dragged into this kind of fight though.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Garcher » May 26th, 2009, 1:00 am

That's the thing! xD imagine the possibilities!! "ORT's cake gets stolen" or something, and BAM! A Type in the fray.
Garcher

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 26th, 2009, 2:17 am

That sounds like what would bring Neco-Arc Chaos back into the fray for this time around if you ask me. "That would mean that the delicious cake was a lie after all. Why did I believe Koha... er I mean Magical Amber in the first place?"
Last edited by Kid-Wolf on July 26th, 2009, 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby NeroSonic666 » July 25th, 2009, 4:32 pm

I hope that MBAA would be ported to the PSP like the Fate/Unlimited Codes!
NeroSonic666
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 9th, 2009, 7:55 am

Hey guys, August 20 is getting near!
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby James_Marcus » August 18th, 2009, 5:48 pm

it seems they are going to add Arcueid with her princess outfit as a hidden and a playable character, she is called Archtype Earth, that´s beautiful, but in my opinion she shouldn´t be a playable character because she´s probably going to be overpowered here are some scans:

James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 19th, 2009, 3:38 am

So Arc is showing off her old self now. In any case I kind of wonder if they have kept Neco Arc Chaos from the previous game at all or not.

Anyways nice find with the scans and all.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby James_Marcus » August 19th, 2009, 4:22 am

Neco-Arc-Chaos is in the game as well, and Giant Akiha, and even Neco-Arc + Mech Hisui acting as a team XD, also according with the Japanese websites, there is another moon style called "Lunar Eclipse". thet say it's basically just Crescent moon with auto heat and is reserved for bosses only; Archtype Earth, Warachia, Giant Akiha etc.
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atvaark » August 21st, 2009, 11:53 am

DAMN! game's out, tried to order online, it's already sold out T.T
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby allanh » August 21st, 2009, 11:10 pm

I bought it on Play-asia.com 2 days ago with a coupon :D It's shipped yesterday

Lucky that my PS3 can play J-NTSC PS2 games
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby vinnaleixo » August 25th, 2009, 7:15 pm

I liked this game. Best game of the series.
MBAA Boss Rush mode is too harder than God Of War's "Challenge of the Gods"
vinnaleixo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby solopy567 » August 25th, 2009, 8:54 pm

How do you unlock Boss Rush mode?
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Gumaster » August 27th, 2009, 5:21 am

Not sure, probably by unlocking all dialogues, which is to clear arcade with all characters, including hidden, including multiple routes (like neco)
although, I unlocked everything, including boss rush but not including archetype earth after clearing arcade mode like...10times? 15? But I went and cleared it with everyone anyway..still no type earth :(

Boss rush mode is insane, all the enemies are of the eclipse style. So, extra circuit gain, crescent style mostly but with auto shield counters like halfmoon, extra defense.
They also have better (more unfair, cheaper, and generally bullsh*t) moves. For example, warachia eclipse's ground throw is comboable. Into either 2c6c aircombo or arc drive. Yes, the CPU arc drives. In fact, every time they're in heat and you're in a state where you can't avoid the arc drive, they will arc drive you. They also combo. Off everything. Off randomly perfectly executed shield counters, counterhits, throws, etc etc. They also heat activate a lot, as if extra defense wasnt enough.

All eclipse style enemies have a permanent, constant circuit gain. You know how full moon can charge their circuit? Yeah, it's like that. Except passive. Otherwise, they're like crescent, except with auto shield counters like half. They have increased defense as well, and I'm pretty sure their movement speed and jump heights were increased too.

Kohaku magical dungeon
Warachia eclipse- comboable ground throw. =pain. especially when he combos into arc drive. Also IAD rushdowns you like no tomorrow.
Miyako eclipse- her 623b overhead kick has invincibility. LOTS OF IT. Enough to waltz through a C-nanaya 236b slashy and kick me in the face. She can also air throw you while you're on the ground. Free damage sucks. Her 22x quake stomps also hit almost fullscreen horizontally. EX one is fullscreen.
Kohaku magical garage
White len eclipse- EDIT: her 623b-esque move. What it does is, she creates about 4 mirror images of her that do the same attack, only with a time delay. So, when she hits you, while she's recovering, the other mirror images are hitting you also. Meaning you have no chance to counter without getting hit, unless you've got a super with invincibility. So, using this, she crosses you up as well as low/overhead mixup. Best bet? Trip her, you'll trade but you're better off in terms of momentum/recovery. Or run the fk away.
Aoko eclipse- . Remember MBR Aoko, with all the laz0rs? Yeah. Except she also has her MBAC 236c except it doesnt require circuit and is much faster. She also has her old 6abc combo with all the followups, which she now does. 3k+ combo ftl. She also has insane air combos, like, jbc jbc airdash bc jbc throw.
Emerald table Melty blood texture
Kohaku x Mech eclipse- jC airdash jc combos. >_> She staggers it so she "drops" the combo but since you're probably not blocking high she hits you again and again and again. Oh and guess what? Mhisui support auto drops like 5 vag bombs if you hit kohaku. Her jC mixups/rushdowns are vicious. Mhisui assist has a low laser and 5x vag bomb combo. Both incredibly annoying. Kohaku mainly uses jC like a wh0re as well as a few plants
Dust of osiris
Shit, right? Same as the boss fights, except you need two wins. and passive circuit charge+osiris ad=not very fun. Half moon cannot hold shield, so keep that in mind if you rely on that to avoid osiris's AD.
Akiha HALF MOON for stage 7. Ai is still impressive though. Godly crossups, and painful combos, but not too bad. Does quite a few ridiculous (computer reads your moves) shield counters but it's manageable (read: I got my ass handed to me 8 times before winning)
G-Akiha for stage 8. Much tougher than MBR. Her arc drive drains 100% of your guard meter if fully blocked. Her hitbox is REALLY SMALL(er than you'd expect). She has super armour and is unlaunchable obviously, but if you hit her enough she will flinch. After 1-2 flinches, she will "block" and use an attack that raises firepillars around her on either side. If you're caught in the middle, instant guard crash, otherwise, itll probably hit you once (blockable), appear somewhere else, and then hit you again, so dont let go of back, although I do recommend you try to ex guard them once you're used to the timing since they do heavy guard meter damage. She has a grab that is just riduculous, it DOESNT grab you if you're practically on it, but it grabs you if you're like, behind her head >_> She can also send fire pillars across the screen, usually in groups of three, also high guard meter damage. She also has eye lasers. The lasers themselves dont hit, but where they land (other side of screen) causes fire pillars to appear. What's really bad is, she does it after she knocks you back with finger flick (instant guard crash) or punch, and does it 2-3 times. You can...tech and possibly get hit anyway, or dont tech and get hit. Either way, it's really nasty. She also has an upward swipe with her arm that launches really high, although she doesn't usually combo from it. And best of all, when she's in max mode, she can *drumroll* LAST ARC YOU. yeah, not arc drive, LAST ARC. It's like regular Akiha AD though, and seems quite weak. About the same range as her grab. Nanaya's AAD works nicely on her, but expect retaliation if she doesnt die from it.

WIN~ I think I unlocked archetype earth from it although there was no screen saying i did
Gumaster

Unread postby vinnaleixo » August 29th, 2009, 4:38 pm

I've unlocked Archetype:Earth. The hint is: See the Arcade Clear Time of characters on Options Mode, except from Koha & Mech and Neco & Mech (non-playable on Arcade Mode). When is 0:00:00 is what you haven't played yet or you've beaten but with continues. Beat the arcade mode without continues with all characters.

And there is a glitch from Archetype:Earth. Using Crescent Moon Style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC3qXoXnYPo
vinnaleixo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » September 5th, 2009, 9:12 pm

These are the only times I wished I had a PS2...

When MBAA ver B. is coming out? :lol:
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat