About .p files...

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

About .p files...

Unread postby Kirishine » February 20th, 2009, 10:14 pm

Has anyone found a good tool to extract stuff from the .p files?
I've been yearning to extract all the sound files from 04.p and 05.p for people to use (Arcueid's voice is so cute ._. ), but when I try to extract via Extractor tool, all the sound files come out as loud screeching noises at me O_O.
I noticed they also have strange sizes that seem too small to be sound files (like 400 bytes). Somebody yelling "Ha!" is usually 2 kb.

In 04, there's a ton of .ogm files which have normal sizes, which leads me to believe they are the right ones, but why the heck are they in .ogm =S ? Isn't that a movie file?

Or, maybe, I guess, anyone know how to get the voices from the .p files?
Kirishine
Totally hardly posted

Re: About .p files...

Unread postby Message » February 21st, 2009, 7:20 am

Kirishine wrote:In 04, there's a ton of .ogm files which have normal sizes, which leads me to believe they are the right ones, but why the heck are they in .ogm =S ? Isn't that a movie file?

.ogm is a container format, it doesn't need to contain video data. Have you tried playing them?

Unread postby Kirishine » February 21st, 2009, 6:47 pm

Yeah, in VLC. Nothing comes up, which makes me wonder whether I have the wrong thing to play them as... and/or I wonder how MB plays them. Then, I tried RadLight, and it gives me a read of address error. No good. Tried converting to an .ogg too like all the BGM files in 10.p but that went awry too.
And, when I try to mess with the file sometimes, my explorer crashes XD. It's strange. What the heck is with this file D: ?!
Kirishine
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mazyrian » February 21st, 2009, 7:31 pm

Have you tried to use Susie to extract the data? I did and didn't have any problem (with MB and ReACT, couldn't extract from AC)
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kirishine » February 22nd, 2009, 12:33 am

Hm.. I'll try out Susie. That may be the reason why nothing was working; I was trying to extract from Act Cadenza, and similarily even though I got the plugin for Susie, it says it's invalid. I'll try from ReACT and see how things turn out.
Kirishine
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby s4itox » February 22nd, 2009, 11:55 pm

The Susie plugin for MB works up to MBAC and then it dies because MBAC's encryption format is different to the previous MBs.
Extractor only works with 1 of the MBAC .p files (I think it's 10.p, I know it's the one that has the BGM tracks).
If you want Arc's voices you'll have to go through MB:R or MB.
吾は面影糸を巣と張る蜘蛛。――ようこそこのすばらしき惨殺空間へ。
I am the spider that spins this web. ――Welcome, to the site of this magnificent slaughter.
s4itox
Might just like this board

Unread postby I1nk » March 3rd, 2009, 7:58 pm

The MB OST also has some voice sounds in it too. Sadly the track has all the voice sounds put into one long track. So if you wanted just one sound, you would have to cut up the track to get that just one saying. They are sep. by char though.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Return to Melty Blood Chat