Problems with melty blood cd install

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Problems with melty blood cd install

Unread postby Guest » May 31st, 2006, 4:02 pm

hey guys,

I just got Melty Blood a few days ago and I'm having trouble installing it. I changed the non-unicode language to Japanese and installed the east asain languages and complex scritps. I keep getting a message, but the only thing I can understand the the 16mb part. I also got React and that installed just fine...maybe because its a 32 mb vram game? I d/l-ed apploc, but thats not compatible with the 16 mb software.. Is there anything else I can try to make it work? I'd really like to get it to work becuase I bought it so I'd be out money if it never works. Thanks

Unread postby TareJay » May 31st, 2006, 10:42 pm

Could you prehaps provide a screen shot of what the message looks like ?

By the way, what are your computer and graphics card specs ?
TareJay
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Guest » June 1st, 2006, 1:45 pm

My comp is 3.2 pentium 4. 128 Nvidia graphics card (not sure of the model right now). I'll get the screen shot and model when I get home from work tonight.

Unread postby Guest » June 1st, 2006, 11:58 pm

This is what it says when I try to install the first game of melty blood. React installed just fine, but I dont know what is wrong with this.

Unread postby Dectilon » June 7th, 2006, 4:00 pm

Weeeeeird. I didn't even know you could install reAct without the original :)

I'm not entirely sure, but isn't it possible to just drag the game from the cd?

Oh, btw, I've gotten installation problems with old games since I patched to service pack 2. Maybe there are some patches on microsofts homepage you could grab to add more support for old games?
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » June 29th, 2006, 11:48 am

You can't install ReACT without the original; it requires Melty to be installed. If you have a combined version of the game, it is pirated and unsupported in this forum.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Atvaark » January 25th, 2007, 1:51 pm

well, as long as this thread is talking about installation problems...is it normal for the install process of MB to make my dvd drive go crazy? it did that also for my sister's machine as a test...i mean the cd kept spinning faster and faster until you hear that klack klack sound...the expansion cd worked without problems though. bought both off himeya shop i expected it to be more expensive though...fate stay night costed me well above 100$us and let,s not even talk about tsukihime. i forked almost 250 bucks for it...used! i couldn't find it online so i had to find one of those obscure video game stores that sells imports at an frustratingly high price...ah, i'm getting off topic here, sorry, anyway, since i reformat my computer pretty often i'm scared that the MB cd will just obliterate my drive...anyone else has that problem?
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » January 25th, 2007, 3:41 pm

It could be that your CD somehow isn't properly balanced. You could use Nero Drivespeed to limit the rotation speed of your drive while you're installing, or perhaps make an image of the CD on harddrive. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to use capitals to make your posts normally readable...

Unread postby puKKa » January 26th, 2007, 9:55 am

Could also be starforce protection that has kicked in and killed your drive, but then both you and your sisters computers have it installed.. Just an idea though but check it out at least..

For example, here's one of the common problems brought by Starforce: under Windows XP, if packets are lost during the reading or writing of a disk, XP interprets this as an error and steps the IDE speed down. Eventually it will revert to 16bit compatibility mode rendering a CD/DVD writer virtually unusable.

http://www.glop.org/starforce/
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Atvaark » January 27th, 2007, 2:57 am

Ah!, sorry for the lack of caps...I wrote it in a hurry. Unfortunately, i can't make an image of the cd, it won't let me do it. Just constant read errors when i try to do so. Oh well, it's not like the game isn't working...

I'm just praying for my drive not to suffer a heart attack.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat