Updates on progress of Melty Blood patch [2004/03/13]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Updates on progress of Melty Blood patch [2004/03/13]

Unread postby TheXev » March 13th, 2004, 9:50 am

Its been a rather interesting week inside Revolve for you guys who don?t frequent the IRC channel, as Melty Blood?s menu patch is progressing along nicely. Checkout this new pic Daichi sent me today of the options menu.

We?re still working on the minor kinks and trying to find the most elegant way to release the menu, but this current picture shows quite a bit of work on Daichi?s part (perhaps I?ll post the first few attempts later as an example)! Daichi?s next target appears to be the stage select screen. I?ll post new pics this week as Daichi sends them to me.

This week I will work on some internal documentation I wish to include with the patch, and hopefully I can get ScriptDoc to translate the ?official? list of problems fixed between versions of Melty Blood into English. It is still iffy whether or not any dialog will be included with the first patch, although currently it isn?t looking like any will make it in.

That?s all for this week, for now.
Last edited by TheXev on March 28th, 2004, 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Good work

Unread postby scifiwizard » March 14th, 2004, 3:28 pm

I really appreciate the hard work Revolve has been doing with melty blood (especially Daichi). I know some of the complications involved (especially in translating) and that this is taking a chunk of your free time. Though I am a little disappointed that the dialogue won't be included in the patch any time soon. Keep it up!
scifiwizard
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » March 14th, 2004, 5:42 pm

Yeah, if I can stay awake long enough, and Daichi can get the final menu done before I fall asleep, the patch could be out today? I dunno.... I?m really out of it from the lack of sleep, and I don?t know if I have the sanity left to setup a Bittorrent for the patch. ReACT demo is probably a few weeks away, as we need to check a few things against our translator.

Checkout the new pics on the Melty Blood page!!
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » March 14th, 2004, 8:18 pm

Really Great Job guys. I'm glad your losing sleep for our sakes... Anyway It's looking great, Can't wait till you release the patch later this week. Good Job! :D
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby Shinova » March 14th, 2004, 10:27 pm

Are some of you going to have it up on IRC too? Cause I can't get any bittorrent where I am.

Or maybe one of you can put it up on your webspace or something.
Shinova
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby TheXev » March 15th, 2004, 9:10 am

we'll most likely have it on IRC as well... no doubts about that.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Li-kun » March 15th, 2004, 4:06 pm

Wow nice to hear that.

o_O don't mind me but when you posted "New screen shots, Melty Blood menu patch this week!", it was a sunday.
Technically seen you guys are late XD.
I suppose you guys meant this week.
Try to find the hidden ghost in my siggy.
Li-kun
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Daichi » March 15th, 2004, 11:06 pm

Li-kun wrote:...it was a sunday.
Technically seen you guys are late XD.
I suppose you guys meant this week.

Um, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Sunday was the start of the week, which is why it is the first day on the calender.

-Daichi
Daichi
Mazin Go!

Unread postby Black Raven » March 16th, 2004, 3:50 pm

The patch is great stuff :D

Thank you everyone who worked on this patch, Xev and Daichi most of all, Now it salivates my hunger for the release of the Story Mode English patch :lol:
Black Raven
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » March 16th, 2004, 4:04 pm

Today has been hell for me. Once I created the patch, wrote the news post, updated the readme, I then had to setup the tracker (TheXev?s great computer is the BT tracker for now :P), but after I posted the patch, I then got an email from our script translator with new work, so I had to rip another script for him. Then of course there are the numerous forums and news sites I sent information too about the patch. I?m still not relaxing! lol

Hopefully the word of mouth will take care of the rest now.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Allegra » March 22nd, 2004, 2:24 pm

What the...!!!!!??

I go away for a week or so and then I decided "Well, it's about time I take a stroll to Revolve forums....if only to post some stupid combo or something". Imagine my surprise when I found out you had a bloody patch for MB!!.

Of course I am late for this, but I had to thank you once again for all your work. I am already downloading the patch. You can get some sleep now guys :D....but not too much, we are all waiting for story mode, jejeje. But seriously, thanks a lot, It's nice too see someone who takes a chunk of their free time to make something more ejoyable for all of us.

Well, back to work.....I mean, to downloading :D

Take care, Allegra
-->Sometimes you just have one signature...get over it...<--
Allegra
Totally hardly posted

Return to Melty Blood Chat