Ending vocals?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Ending vocals?

Unread postby Soulanger » May 4th, 2006, 8:29 pm

i was wondering how would you guys translate the ending vocals(voices) at the arcade credits.

And could the revolve-site be updated it seems melty blood isnt active while it is(confirmed by ryu)
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 4th, 2006, 10:03 pm

You know what? That's a GREAT question. One I've been asking Xev for a while.

*Stares at TheXev.

Edit: Well, thanks to your reminder posts about Susie, I've extracted the dialogue files from ReAct. Unless their is somebody who's actually transliterated all the dialogue (not too far-fetched, considering Japanese otakuism), I'll have to work it off ear. Which is a pity, as my listening skills are much less than my reading.

I suppose somebody will then have to time the translations or something and maybe have it subbed on the bottom of the screen?
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Soulanger » May 5th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Thanks ryuusoul(hehe souls). :o
About subtitles i was thinking about that too but in the game there are no exciting subtitles. Meaning you could not add subtitles. At least if melty blood is open source we could program such task.
I was thinking dubbing is the best(maybe the only) answer. But that would be alot of trouble. So this task would only be secondary if i were you guys.
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 5th, 2006, 10:17 pm

Dubbing!? Haha, that's a pretty tall order. I wouldn't mind doing it just for fun, but the amount of work and coordination involved in that seems a little much.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Dectilon » May 5th, 2006, 11:08 pm

Dub and die :P
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 6th, 2006, 1:05 am

Heh. Don't worry. Such sacrilige will not be performed.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby marus » May 6th, 2006, 3:57 am

So, hypothetically speaking, if it were possible to implement subtitles into Melty Blood, then it would be possible to translate in-battle dialouge as well, right?

Just hoping - though I wouldn't mind listening to the Revolve staff try and imitate Nero either :D
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulanger » May 6th, 2006, 7:11 am

marus wrote:So, hypothetically speaking, if it were possible to implement subtitles into Melty Blood, then it would be possible to translate in-battle dialouge as well, right?

Just hoping - though I wouldn't mind listening to the Revolve staff try and imitate Nero either :D

Why would you like to insert subtitles in in-game combat it would be disturbing. Adding a function to a game without its codes is very hard or even if the function is already implemented its very hard to hack in and insert where or when will the subtitles be inserted. If you trying to say about vocal translation, ya it is possible, but revolve ignores this thought.

BTW, marus i thought you were in japan why do you want this to get translated?
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 6th, 2006, 7:27 am

Technically, it would be possible. It would require us to log the hundreds and hundreds of sound files to ensure the proper sound file matches the subtitle. In other words, probably not going to happen.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Soulanger » May 6th, 2006, 7:38 am

But ryuusoul then isnt a programmed function for subtitles. It wouldnt be as easy(even though logging is hard) as that.
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby marus » May 6th, 2006, 11:55 am

Why would you like to insert subtitles in in-game combat it would be disturbing. Adding a function to a game without its codes is very hard or even if the function is already implemented its very hard to hack in and insert where or when will the subtitles be inserted. If you trying to say about vocal translation, ya it is possible, but revolve ignores this thought.

BTW, marus i thought you were in japan why do you want this to get translated?

I was just hoping, but yeah, if it's too hard to do then there's no point worrying about it.

And yes, I live in Japan, but I can't read a lot of Japanese :D My dad's in the military, so I get to follow him around to a lot of different countries, and right now he just happens to be stationed in Tokyo. I know enough Japanese to get around, but not enough to read anything signifigant without a dictionary, and even then it takes a considerable amount of time and effort. I'm learning though, so hopefully I'll be able to read/speak somewhat normally within a year or so.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulanger » May 6th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Oh okay. :D
So it seems you were lucky to buy MBR because your father's in japan. :)
But sure are lucky to be able to learn japanese. ;)
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby Dectilon » May 7th, 2006, 10:23 pm

I'm taking a course this fall. I got a course book from my parents. Apparently they know me too well :)
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulanger » May 8th, 2006, 11:41 am

:shock: Dang i wanna learn some too. BTW is basic jap easy to learn?
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby MetalGravy » May 8th, 2006, 11:54 pm

it depends, really. When I took it in college, it seemed like for some people it came naturally, while others really struggled with it.
MetalGravy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » May 9th, 2006, 8:51 am

I have a head start. One of the easiest ways to learn is to watch anime with subs. Just try to stay concentrated and you'll start picking up words left n right :)

Most swedes (I'm swedish :P) can speak english quite fluently. I credit it to the fact that we dub nothing except some childrens tv. I don't think I learned any english in school. It all came from movies and rpgs :)

I think there was a link here somewhere to a site that teaches hiragana and katakana. Learning those two would be a nice start I guess :)

http://tsunamichan.phpwebhosting.com/ja ... index.html
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulanger » May 9th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Ya i watch many Subbed japanese shows(mostly anime). I got lots of words but not very good though.

Example.
Sugoi fanusubese-dayo! No naruto sugoi furee dese! (im not sure if thats correct though)

BTW, any nice site so i could learn?
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby Dectilon » May 9th, 2006, 10:13 pm

What's that second sentence supposed to say? :) Kotairo, kono kuso yure-ikari :)
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulanger » May 10th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Darn you dectilion! Man if i could only understand.
I really need to find a good site to learn.
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby Dectilon » May 10th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Man, everything (which is of course little and hardly verified knowledge) I've learned (and that meant: answer, you damn soul-anger, or something close to that :) I've learned by watching anime. And it's gone pretty quickly too. The only thing you have to keep in mind is to acctually focus some attention on remembering the words.

Oh yeah, sometimes I play anime episodes in the background of gaming and such instead of music, to get that whole subconcsious thing workin' :)

But in the end I guess we will need the reinforcement of a acctual course. I don't think a learning-site would cut it in the end. You kinda need to be graded to know for sure if you understood correctly :)
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat