Ending vocals?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Jenia » May 16th, 2006, 2:11 pm

Be careful if you go into the anime thing, though.
I'v heard that there are several korean anime shows crawling about as of late, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to start mixing the two up :?
But if the anime is korean you should notice that the colors and effects are somehow different. For some reason Korean animes have sharper yet lazier effects...

Anyway, we could always just ask ryuusoul to post some text file which translates the vocals in here or something, right? Right?
We could just finish a character arcade and go read it...
Jenia
Might just like this board

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 16th, 2006, 4:33 pm

We haven't really figured out what to do with the arcade endings, although the easiest thing to do would be exactly what Jenia said: to simply have it written out in a separate file.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Dectilon » May 16th, 2006, 11:10 pm

There's an even easier way to tell japanese anime from korean (animwe? :P I know they call comics mangwa). The two languages sound completely different! :P
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulanger » May 18th, 2006, 7:42 am

Yap the 2 languages are quite different. Korean is sound more chinese for example. Zhin he shi hu heia zhin he.(something like that) I dont mean to offend someone but sometimes it sounds like listening to someone who is talking and chewing at the same time. The characters of korean is also different. Korean characters/letters have lots of circles, squares and dots. While japanese is sharper and less circles.

Korean characters:

Japanese characters:

See the difference?
Btw where can i see these korean animes. Im very insterested to see one.
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby pifactor » May 20th, 2006, 7:32 pm

Actually, Korean sounds nothing like chinese. And you won't see a lot of dots. That picture is probably very archaic, because the dots are never used, and there are a lot of constructs that just don't make sense, seemingly connected to those dots, like floating consonants with no vowels attached. Pretty much the best way to differentiate it is, if it doesn't sound chinese or japanese, and there aren't chinese characters all over the place, than its probably Korean. Chinese is really distinctive imo, and japanese you can probably already recognize a lot of the vocabulary and the particles that are always used in parts of speech.
pifactor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » May 22nd, 2006, 9:38 am

marus wrote:So, hypothetically speaking, if it were possible to implement subtitles into Melty Blood, then it would be possible to translate in-battle dialouge as well, right?

Just hoping - though I wouldn't mind listening to the Revolve staff try and imitate Nero either :D

My preliminary testing over a year ago showed individual subtitles to be completely out of the question. Each arcade mode ending has a different sound bite attached to it, but these sound bites don?t appear to be scripted. The ending sequence is scripted, like story mode, but the context in the scripting is completely different for the moving backgrounds, and I wasn?t able to even overlay any text over the scrolling backgrounds (I?d normally just crash if I tired). Furthermore the scripter is so limited; it doesn?t seem to support accurate enough timing to automatically have subtitle changes, even if overlaying test over scrolling backgrounds was possible. The accuracy rate for automatic changes is to the second, not the millisecond. So far I have not found a way, as it seems scrolling background mode initializes a change in how scripting is formatted).

The opening video for Melty Blood will display subtitles in game, if vobsub plug-in is registered on the computer, though, this is something that will be available in the patch and doesn?t require the video to be replaced.

Without and extreme EXE hack.. one that I doubt anyone really wants to do, I don?t see in game subtitles outside of where they are occurring already.

And don?t underestimate my voicing attempts as Nero, you might be surprised.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby marus » May 22nd, 2006, 10:08 pm

So if TheXev is Nero, that leaves Chendo to play Wallachia and TakaJun as Shiki. Do you guys have any girls on staff? Or a sister who wouldn't mind playing Sion?
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulanger » May 22nd, 2006, 11:39 pm

Bwahahaha. Your dog Fluffy has better nero voice than you have. :lol:
There i underestimated you copy Nero. :)

BTW, I think changing the ending photo with translated dialogs.
Like this:
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 23rd, 2006, 5:04 pm

Well, I knew if I looked hard enough, I'd find someone with enough spare time to write out the ending dialogues for all the Arcade Mode scenarios.

I'll move on to that once I finish up the Arcade Mode dialogue. I've been working out far too much over the past several days and it makes me too tired to translate in the evenings...
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Dectilon » May 23rd, 2006, 7:01 pm

Who was Wallach really? I mean; I've heard that name being used for vampires on more than one occasion so I guess he was someone that really existed as a real person or at least as a old fictional character.
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 23rd, 2006, 10:33 pm

Wallachia was a region of Romania. It actually used to be fairly large many centuries ago.

Wallachia has a connection to Vlad Tepes, who for a while was king of that in addition to Transylvania.

Wallach is probably just a play off of that.

The story mode has some of the background info on this.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Dectilon » May 23rd, 2006, 11:08 pm

I see. From region to person :) Ouch, that's gotta be confusing. And that Vlad is Vlad the impaler, right? Aka Dracula etc ;)
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 23rd, 2006, 11:58 pm

Yes.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Soulanger » May 24th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Warakia --> Dracula --> Alucard
|
Belmont --> Maria

Heheh. I cant believe warakia's connected to dracula. Im a big fan or Warakia but now im a bigger fan, because warakia's connected to (one of) my favorite games. :)
Soulanger
Addict

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat