quick question

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

quick question

Unread postby vutall » December 31st, 2008, 5:35 am

Hey everyone. So, I was wanting to try Melty Blood, but all I can find on the shops is MB:AC. Im hesitant to buy it, but I was wodnering a few things
1. Does AC have the same story as Melty Blood and React?
2. Is there a translation for AC? I know MirrorMoon did the original and its expansion, but I cant find anything on AC...
3. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the original and its expansion I could buy, or know where i can find one? I really want to play >.<
vutall
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Gumaster » December 31st, 2008, 5:44 am

AC doesnt have a storymode, but arcade mode which sort of is a story..but not really >_> Nothing like react's story mode.
AC is translated, patch was released not too long ago.
Gumaster
Might just like this board

Unread postby ThreeLeafIvy » December 31st, 2008, 7:03 am

1. There's 3 MB story modes. ReAct has a long branching story mode as well as an arcade mode which is a series of fights with dialogue at the beginning, middle, and end. Act Cadenza also has the arcade mode which is like ReAct's but with a new story.
2. It was released in November.
3. HimeyaShop, Play-Asia, etc.
I'm the str⑨ngest!
ThreeLeafIvy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » December 31st, 2008, 10:41 am

ThreeLeafIvy wrote:1. There's 3 MB story modes. ReAct has a long branching story mode as well as an arcade mode which is a series of fights with dialogue at the beginning, middle, and end. Act Cadenza also has the arcade mode which is like ReAct's but with a new story.

This is not true. There is only one story mode, and it can be found in both Melty Blood and Melty Blood ReACT. In other words, the story mode is the same in MB and MBR.

As Gumaster explained, there is also the so-called arcade mode, which has some short lines of dialogue as 'story' and can be found in both Melty Blood ReACT and Melty Blood Act Cadenza. In other words, MBAC only has an arcade mode, not a story mode.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 31st, 2008, 2:33 pm

Yes and the Arcade Mode for a few characters stories can predate to before Tsukihime took place. More or less a few add backstory to before Tsukihime, and others around of after the Melty Blood series.

Although the Arcade Mode in ReACT and AC are slightly different. In ReACT you face off against a mid leveled broken opponent. When I mean broken I mean Unlimited Circut Gauge and regenerates. Also, you manage to fight against W. Len and Aoko as the last bosses in the series. Although a few characters have daialuge moments after the mid boss and before the final two I've mentioned.

As for AC it's more along the line of what characters are related to the character you've selected and who should be th emid-level boss and the final boss. This means the arcade mode is a bit more random. Also, with AC it has three more things added. They are the Survival Mode, Tag Team/Team VS. Mode, and fighing off Kohaku's latest invention (if you've completed the Neco-Arc Chaos route).

Although if you're going to play ReACT you do need th eoriginal MB CD along with it for the game to work properly, which to me is kind of stange. Although you'll be able to find how why and how Sion came around though.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Melty Blood Chat