Successor??? [spoilers?]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Successor??? [spoilers?]

Unread postby NanatsuYa » December 29th, 2008, 9:01 am

So I thought, after getting through all the routes in MB, and all characters' side-stories in ReACT...
So I was wondering, who is the 'legitimate' successor to Wallachia as a dead apostle?
I mean... He's dead... right?
From what I can recall, in most cases, when the DAA dies, one of the vampires it made takes it's place... or something <.<

On one side, we have Sion. Not only was she bitten by him some years ago, she's actually related to him by blood. When she goes vampire (Sion TATARI), she get's most of Wallachia's powers, like fighting with illusions as familliars and whatnot...

But on the other side, we have White Len, also known as the Tsundere... She was created with the remains of Wallachia by Aoko, and was supposed to be a familliar... Although she doesn't have the same personality as Wallachia, she does in fact have all the powers Wallachia possessed, as well as sharing some similar powers with Len.

So who do you think would be most suitable as a successor? A broken alchemist that shares the same blood as him, or White Len, who got all his powers?
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » December 29th, 2008, 9:27 am

None. Wallachia can't die (as in never coming back). It's been stated who knows how many times in Story Mode that he just dissappears for hundreds of years and then comes back. It's said again in Sion's ending in MB:AC that she can move on to other things since he won't be back during her life-time. So... there can't be a succesor for his place.

At any rate, if he happened to be dead (which is not the case), I'd go for the broken alchemist. She's much more of a vampire than W. Len. W. Len is only a familiar after all, it doesn't matter how strong she is, she is still bound to her master's life (a human, i.e., Aoko). Besides, Sion can grow stronger with the time, W. Len IIRC, although a powered up version of the black cat, she is at her max.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby spathi » December 29th, 2008, 9:39 am

what? I though he died when arc nullified his powers and shiki killed him
spathi
Addict

Unread postby NanatsuYa » December 29th, 2008, 9:55 am

spathi wrote:what? I though he died when arc nullified his powers and shiki killed him

That's what I thought too, since Arc
Materialized the crimson moon, from some 1000 years in the future, making Zepia appear himself, and then he was killed completely by Shiki (One of the two "last routes" you unlock. And I think this is the route that they actually follow) ... And I recall it saying somewhere, that White Len, is the one that makes Wallachia's appearance possible in the future side-stories... Since he's dead...
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 29th, 2008, 2:02 pm

NanatsuYa wrote:
spathi wrote:what? I though he died when arc nullified his powers and shiki killed him

That's what I thought too, since Arc
Materialized the crimson moon, from some 1000 years in the future, making Zepia appear himself, and then he was killed completely by Shiki (One of the two "last routes" you unlock. And I think this is the route that they actually follow) ... And I recall it saying somewhere, that White Len, is the one that makes Wallachia's appearance possible in the future side-stories... Since he's dead...

That would make sense
since W. Len is actually the remains of the Tatari combined with the looks of Len herself. Not only that, but W. Len is kind of the part Len rarely ever uses, so that would explain why W. Len is talkative and acts so differently. Although she still is a dream familiar, but more along the line of giving nightmares then lewd ones like Len.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Gumaster » December 29th, 2008, 10:42 pm

NanatsuYa wrote:That's what I thought too, since Arc

Could it just be that she makes it possible since warachia is a phenomenon that only appears under certain conditions? It's not like he can just randomly show up and say hello to the main cast.
And i swear I read somewhere that shiki only killed off the current incarnation of walachia and that he will still reappear...but it was a long time ago so i can't be sure. Although, would shiki be able to comprehend the death of a phenomena (even if it was materialized?)
Gumaster
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mazyrian » December 29th, 2008, 11:55 pm

No, Shiki can't kill phenomena. In all routes but number 1 (and I guess in MBAA arcade) only the current incarnation dies, but he will reappear sometime in the future.
Tatari manifested always without Arc's intervention; in route 1 she uses Marble Phantasm to make the Crimson Moon appear, which was the condition under which Tatari would revert to the original Zepia, and which supposedly would happen like 1000 in the future. So Zepia appears, and the 13th DAA stops being a phenomenon, so when Shiki kills it, he definitely dies.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » December 30th, 2008, 1:00 am

Mazyrian wrote:
No, Shiki can't kill phenomena. In all routes but number 1 (and I guess in MBAA arcade) only the current incarnation dies, but he will reappear sometime in the future.
Tatari manifested always without Arc's intervention; in route 1 she uses Marble Phantasm to make the Crimson Moon appear, which was the condition under which Tatari would revert to the original Zepia, and which supposedly would happen like 1000 in the future. So Zepia appears, and the 13th DAA stops being a phenomenon, so when Shiki kills it, he definitely dies.

Hmmm....!
Now you've made me doubt myself... To the MB:ReAct!!..... but first I gotta finish a mission in Fallout 3 :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby holydiver » December 30th, 2008, 1:00 pm

But...

Fuyuki wiki states that TATARI will hit Australia in the 2020!!

Here's the link http://web.archive.org/web/200705171942 ... m/Timeline
holydiver

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 30th, 2008, 1:27 pm

I'm pretty sure that's when/where Sion said he'd materialize in the other routes, but it becomes a moot point in Route 1 since Arc hit fast-forward, Shiki pulled out the tape, then Aozaki taped over him with her loli-dere show.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby NanatsuYa » December 30th, 2008, 4:11 pm

Wikipedia - "Vampires (Kinoko Nasu)" wrote:
"In Melty Blood, Walachia appeared within the city of Misaki and was able to manifest the fear present in several of the main characters' hearts, creating entities such as an evil Arcueid who had succumbed to her bloodlust, a form of the bloodthirsty assassin side of Shiki Tohno and even the memory of Nrvnqsr Chaos. He was eventually destroyed when Arcueid used her Marble Phantasm to prematurely summon the Crimson Moon, stripping Walachia of his power and giving him a definite material form, after which he was killed by Shiki Tohno. His remains, however, were tampered with by Aoko Aozaki, which created White Len. Due to White Len having the same abilities as TATARI (though she chooses not to change forms), Walachia is able to make future appearances throughout the entire Melty Blood series."

TYPE-MOON Wiki - "Night of Wallachia" wrote:
"In Melty Blood, Walachia appeared within the city of Misaki and was able to manifest the fear present in several of the main characters' hearts, creating entities such as an evil Arcueid who had succumbed to her bloodlust, a form of the bloodthirsty assassin side of Tohno Shiki and even the memory of Nrvnqsr Chaos. He was eventually destroyed when Arcueid used her Marble Phantasm to prematurely summon the Crimson Moon, stripping Walachia of his power and giving him a definite material form, after which he was killed by Tohno Shiki.

This article is based on or incorporates content from this revision of the article "Vampires (Kinoko_Nasu)" from the English Wikipedia."

This pretty much says it all :wink:
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby holydiver » December 30th, 2008, 5:12 pm

So...
The one striking Australia in 2020 is White Len???
holydiver

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 30th, 2008, 5:19 pm

holydiver wrote:So...

Well if you look at it that way it could be possilbe. Besides Sion and/or Tohno Shiki might head to Australia for some reason. With that W. Len may follow him since she is kind of attached to him more or less.

As for Sion it's because she is a Half Vampire bitten by TATARI that there is a posiblity for her to cause it as well.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby NanatsuYa » December 30th, 2008, 5:37 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:

Well if you look at it that way it could be possilbe. Besides Sion and/or Tohno Shiki might head to Australia for some reason. With that W. Len may follow him since she is kind of attached to him more or less.

As for Sion it's because she is a Half Vampire bitten by TATARI that there is a posiblity for her to cause it as well.

Just look at the dust of Osiris from MBAA, that's Sion... >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_7uROGj ... annel_page <= Imagine THIS attacking Australia (OMG)
<.< even though Tohno still kicked it's ass...
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby holydiver » December 30th, 2008, 5:44 pm

LOL!

TSUNDERE LOLI CONQUERS THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

PS:Prepare yourself for defeat Iskandar!

EDIT: I SHOULD HAVE POSTED THIS BEFORE...DHO.
holydiver

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 30th, 2008, 6:04 pm

NanatsuYa wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_7uROGj ... annel_page <= Imagine THIS attacking Australia (OMG)

Well what did you expect this is Tohno Shiki here. Of course he's able to beat down something like that. So would this make it something like a Arcade/Story Mode kind of deal here. In any case I would love to see a PC release of this since I want it translated of course. Heck I don't care if it's brought over for the PS3 licensed even I just want to play that game so badly now.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Mazyrian » December 30th, 2008, 6:45 pm

To correct something I said before, it is in MBAC Arcade in which Wallachia appears.
In Sion's arcade, the ending is against him, and after beating him, she says that she managed to make him not manifest for a century or two. MBAC arcades seem to follow different storylines than other games; Arcueid's finish against Nrvnqsr while searching for Roa, and at the ending Shiki is seen stalking her.

I think this was said at the end of some MB story route besides number 1, so Tatari wasn't killed, only current manifestation.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » December 31st, 2008, 8:07 am

[/quote]
Wha---?!
Sion becomes some MvC Apocalypse-esque enemy in MB:AA???!!!!
.......They just seem to be playing with the story now... I thought that they would stick with the original plot as they did in MB:AC and not stray that much... Though, looks quite interesting! Anyone can translate the moon-glyphs?
abscess

Unread postby spathi » December 31st, 2008, 9:31 am

everybody in tsuki now has a crazy side huh?
spathi
Addict

Unread postby NanatsuYa » December 31st, 2008, 1:50 pm

abcess wrote:
NanatsuYa wrote:

Wha---?!
Sion becomes some MvC Apocalypse-esque enemy in MB:AA???!!!!
.......They just seem to be playing with the story now... I thought that they would stick with the original plot as they did in MB:AC and not stray that much... Though, looks quite interesting! Anyone can translate the moon-glyphs?

Well...
I still think they're going with the original storyline (from the "Hologram Summer, NIGHT ON THE BLOOD LIAR"-ending).
I found this on the internet (duh?) and I think it's a pretty relevant explanation:
Relevant Source wrote:"Night of Wallachia drank 3 liters of blood (her soul) from Sion.
The Sion inside the Night of Wallachia developed within Tatari through some distorted system of time or whatever to become the head of Atlas and then into Dust of Osiris.

Then, when Wallachia was destroyed in Melty Blood, Dust of Osiris took over Tatari (since you know, they're related) and tried to turn everybody into Soylent Green (Philosopher's Stones) so she can get her super computer/record player up and running, because if humanity's going to die anyhow, might as well at least make something out of it and make sure that humanity's remembered by someone/thing.

So, Dust of Osiris, Sion (the pseudo vampire), and Sion Tatari are separate characters.

However, if you're playing as Sion Tatari, then the (good) Sion doesn't exist."

It was posted on Beast's lair <.<

And as for the moonspeak... At least I can't -_-
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat