How do you do the following actions?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

How do you do the following actions?

Unread postby solopy567 » December 12th, 2008, 10:58 am

I never managed to figure out how to do these actions....I would really appreciate it if someone told me.

This is in Melty Blood Act Cadenza Version b.

I need to know how to:

Block
Access menu in-battle
Switch partners in tag battle
Record battles

Also, I would like to know how to unlock Neko-Arc Chaos

Thanks for any help!
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ThreeLeafIvy » December 12th, 2008, 11:29 am

Block: 4 or 1. Directionally away from your opponent or down and away for a crouching block.

Menu: F5

Switching partners in tag battle: I believe it's 22D.

Neko Arc Chaos: Beat Arcade with any character, then hit D when you have Nrvnqsr Chaos highlighted at the character select to reveal Neko Arc Chaos.
ThreeLeafIvy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby solopy567 » December 12th, 2008, 12:00 pm

the switching characters one doesnt seem to be working, and neither is blocking
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby furyoftheskies » December 12th, 2008, 3:16 pm

solopy567 wrote:the switching characters one doesnt seem to be working, and neither is blocking

Are you pressing the right buttons?

You don't actually press the number 2 twice and then D (if that's what you're doing) (lol)

Find your key configuration and try again.

Blocking = move your character away from the other character (Unless you're talking about shielding)

Switching In Tag Battle = double tap down, then press the key assigned to D. (The D button is the button that turns on the shield.)
Currently Translating: Pure Pure The Story of Ears and Tails AKA Pyua Pyua Mimi to Shippo no Monogatari
furyoftheskies
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 12th, 2008, 3:22 pm

Well not only that, but it goes the same when you want to switch up Kohaku & Hisui when they are together. Strangely enough they can be a good tag team opponent to face if you can use both of them correctly though.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Ryanbomber » December 12th, 2008, 4:38 pm

When people say numbers, they mean directions, kind of like a keypad.

Code: Select all

6 is forward (whatever direction you are facing - not just "right"), 2 is down, 3 is forward and down, and so on. 5 is neutral - as in not pressing any direction.

Also, because I don't think anyone specifically tells you, the default keybinds on the keyboard are, for player one:
"A" is "n", "B" is "m", "C" is ",", and "D" is "."

And yeah, 22D switches partners both in tag mode and if you're playing Team Maid.
Ryanbomber

Unread postby solopy567 » December 12th, 2008, 6:21 pm

So, i come back from playing a little team battles, and what happens? My partner (Nrvnqsr) turns into a mega beast, and kills Neko Arc with one hit, and then on the screen it says "Arc-Drive finish"

What is that and how do i do it?
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby negum » December 12th, 2008, 7:35 pm

solopy567 wrote:So, i come back from playing a little team battles, and what happens? My partner (Nrvnqsr) turns into a mega beast, and kills Neko Arc with one hit, and then on the screen it says "Arc-Drive finish"

There is something called "Command List" in the pause menu. I suggest you take a look at it. :wink:

Arc-Drives are special attacks you can perform when your magic circuit is full.
The command is half-circle-forward [C]

Just an idea, but should we add a FAQ for basic controls and gameplay? :?
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nobaka » December 12th, 2008, 8:39 pm

solopy567 wrote:So, i come back from playing a little team battles, and what happens? My partner (Nrvnqsr) turns into a mega beast, and kills Neko Arc with one hit, and then on the screen it says "Arc-Drive finish"

Arc Drive is a special move. To do it, you need to have at least 300% Circuit or be in Heat Mode. Note that you can enter Heat Mode when you have as little as 100%. Inputting 41236C (the directions + hard hit) will execute the Arc Drive. Using the Arc Drive in normal Heat Mode (attained at 300% Circuit) will reduce you to 100%, as opposed to 0% if you use a forced Heat Mode. You can do another move called Another Arc Drive by doing the same command in Blood Heat Mode (using the same method as entering Heat Mode from less than 300% Circuit). Finally, there is another move called Last Arc, which is done by executing an EX-Shield either in the air or while on the ground (CHARACTER DEPENDENT) while in Blood Heat Mode.

In short, Nero used his Arc Drive (or Another Arc Drive). Neko Arc in particular has weak defense, so takes ~120% damage (IIRC) from attacks.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Gumaster » December 12th, 2008, 9:23 pm

defense varies at various HP levels, and yes neco has one of if not the worst defenses in the game. At damage level 4 and 150% handicap you can 1hit kill it xD
also, the hisui and kohaku team also have a 214214C close range arc drive. somewhat unrelated but some characters have 63214C specials as well.
Gumaster

Unread postby nobaka » December 13th, 2008, 1:14 am

Gumaster wrote:defense varies at various HP levels, and yes neco has one of if not the worst defenses in the game. At damage level 4 and 150% handicap you can 1hit kill it xD
also, the hisui and kohaku team also have a 214214C close range arc drive. somewhat unrelated but some characters have 63214C specials as well.

Also with Hisui & Kohaku, you can make the one in the background use their Arc Drive, although I'm still not entirely sure how.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby negum » December 13th, 2008, 1:20 am

nobaka wrote:Also with Hisui & Kohaku, you can make the one in the background use their Arc Drive, although I'm still not entirely sure how.

41236 C for the Arc-Drive of the active one.
63214 C for the Arc-Drive of the one in the background.
214214 C for team Arc-Drive.
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ryanbomber » December 13th, 2008, 6:24 am

Some characters have other moves for 63214C too, and they generally cost 150% circuit, but aren't Arc Drives.

The Necos actually have a second Arc Drive for 63214C that acts the same way - except I believe it doesn't give Arc Drive Finishes. It's also one of the few ways to cause Confusion (with Neco Arc) or Circuit Break (with NAC) on command.

Also, just because I feel like re-explaining, to Arc Drive, you enter 31236C in Max, Heat, or Blood Heat. If you are in Max, you are left with 100% circuit, otherwise you are left with 0%. If you are in Blood Heat, the Arc Drive is stronger (Another Arc Drive/Blood Heat Arc Drive/whatever people call it these days). Improved Arc Drives always do more damage and generally have more hits, a longer animation, a wider area of effect, etc. Nrvnqsr's normal Arc Drive has him charging across the screen for one hit. His improved has him charge off-screen and back on-screen for two hits.
Ryanbomber

Unread postby Gumaster » December 13th, 2008, 7:01 am

Ryanbomber wrote:Also, just because I feel like re-explaining, to Arc Drive, you enter 31236C in Max, Heat, or Blood Heat. If you are in Max, you are left with 100% circuit, otherwise you are left with 0%. If you are in Blood Heat, the Arc Drive is stronger (Another Arc Drive/Blood Heat Arc Drive/whatever people call it these days). Improved Arc Drives always do more damage and generally have more hits, a longer animation, a wider area of effect, etc. Nrvnqsr's normal Arc Drive has him charging across the screen for one hit. His improved has him charge off-screen and back on-screen for two hits.

41236C*
Improved arc drives sometimes have different propeties too. One example is akiha's arc drives. Normal arc drive at grabbing range, you can mash the C button to slightly increase the damage, while mashing C during improved arc drive will lower the overall damage.
Gumaster

Unread postby nobaka » December 13th, 2008, 7:17 am

Gumaster wrote:
Ryanbomber wrote:Also, just because I feel like re-explaining, to Arc Drive, you enter 31236C in Max, Heat, or Blood Heat. If you are in Max, you are left with 100% circuit, otherwise you are left with 0%. If you are in Blood Heat, the Arc Drive is stronger (Another Arc Drive/Blood Heat Arc Drive/whatever people call it these days). Improved Arc Drives always do more damage and generally have more hits, a longer animation, a wider area of effect, etc. Nrvnqsr's normal Arc Drive has him charging across the screen for one hit. His improved has him charge off-screen and back on-screen for two hits.

41236C*
Improved arc drives sometimes have different propeties too. One example is akiha's arc drives. Normal arc drive at grabbing range, you can mash the C button to slightly increase the damage, while mashing C during improved arc drive will lower the overall damage.

I had no idea you could change the damage of Akiha's arcs. I just use it and watch the other person implode. :')
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby fiend » March 18th, 2009, 5:51 pm

Hello,it's my first time here on the mirror-moon forums.
I was wondering,is it possible to do Arc-Drives with a keyboard,I mean,I'm not an experience MB player,but it seems impossible to do all that in a short time frame...
P.S. If someone can,some tips would be welcome.
P.P.S I don't have a 'fully functional' gamepad :x
fiend
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Uberoy » March 18th, 2009, 7:00 pm

It might be harder for some people but its doable with a keyboard.

Tip: Enter practice and set the " show key input" or something on so you can see if you fail att doing a certain direction. I had problems with the "2" because I released back too late.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rokunaya » March 18th, 2009, 8:52 pm

nobaka wrote:
Gumaster wrote:

41236C*

I had no idea you could change the damage of Akiha's arcs. I just use it and watch the other person implode. :')

Yeah, I found this out recently, too. And I'm rather confused as to why mashing C with the improved arc drive lowers the damage. Why the hell would you want to do that?
Rokunaya

Unread postby s4itox » March 19th, 2009, 10:30 am

Because mashing the C button in Akiha's Arc makes your combo go ++. ;)
吾は面影糸を巣と張る蜘蛛。――ようこそこのすばらしき惨殺空間へ。
I am the spider that spins this web. ――Welcome, to the site of this magnificent slaughter.
s4itox

Unread postby Rokunaya » March 19th, 2009, 2:59 pm

Oh, I guess that could be a use for it, I didn't think of that. Nice point. But I'm sure not that's entirely true, I'll have to test that later. Regardless... The noise it makes when you mash C sounds kinda cool too, I guess, like you're digging your nails deep into their face as you burn them alive. Ouch.
Rokunaya

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat