quick question about english patch mbacvb

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

quick question about english patch mbacvb

Unread postby Atvaark » December 5th, 2008, 8:14 pm

i just wanted to know, does the English installer have the 1.03 patch in it?
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Daichi » December 5th, 2008, 9:16 pm

Yes.
Daichi
Mazin Go!

Unread postby Atvaark » December 12th, 2008, 2:14 pm

this is weird... the game is slower than it should be, Len's final battle lacks her quote, this has to be pre-patch...
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rainoffire » December 15th, 2008, 3:19 am

I too notice that it take longer to load between fights. Compared to the regular Japanese version. Will this be fixed in the future? I really don't mine the load times at all, I'm just wondering.
Rainoffire
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » December 15th, 2008, 7:02 am

We've checked, and v1.03A IS present in MBAC English. Len's Arcade mode works perfectly here and if you run the exe you can actually see 'v1.03A' right there. You could try enabling Increase CPU priority level and Disable pre-loading of battle data to help speed up game loading (click 'Detailed Configuration' in the preloader).

Unread postby nobaka » December 15th, 2008, 5:34 pm

Rainoffire wrote:I too notice that it take longer to load between fights. Compared to the regular Japanese version. Will this be fixed in the future? I really don't mine the load times at all, I'm just wondering.

I don't have increased load times between fights, but I do have more slowdowns DURING fights than unpatched.

Ideas?
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atvaark » December 16th, 2008, 12:38 am

the loading times aren't really different. honestly it's the gameplay speed that bugs me the most. it's around a tad bit slower than in Japanese. just enough to completely throw off my timing in combos. then again, if i run the game in window mode, it works at the speed it's supposed to. as for len's quote, she has only one voiced quote during the entire game and she doesn't say it. actually, gimme like 10 minutes so i can finish the game on both just to make absolutely sure. could have been re-act

*edit* indeed. during the (sort of) dialog between len and white len, len says 1 quote...in re-act. that quote was removed altogether in act cadenza it seems. guess i was too used to skiping the prefight convos to notice. it still doesn't explain the game speed issue though. I'd understand if full screen slowed the game on both Japanese and English, but it only does in English...
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat