Weird graphical glitches with MBAC 1.03

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Weird graphical glitches with MBAC 1.03

Unread postby bugmenot » November 30th, 2008, 9:57 am

For some reason once I install the 1.03 patch on Melty Blood: Act Cadenza I get weird graphical glitches in the game. Characters are messed up even in the character selection screen and in the fights themselves the characters often even have lines going through them. The backgrounds are also messed up with lines going through them in this part of the game. When I reverted to before the patch the problem went away, but I want to be able to keep it patched. I'm currently using the latest video drivers for my video card (a 8800GT) and I don't have this problem when I play the game on my EeePC (which just uses some cheap Intel GPU so it has the advantage of things being simpler.)

Any idea how to fix it maybe? Is there any way it can be fixed without changing something in the video drivers or whatever that will mess up other games?
bugmenot
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby negum » November 30th, 2008, 10:14 am

That sounds like the same problem I had. Can you post a screenshot?

Try turning Anti-Aliasing off in your video card settings.
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » November 30th, 2008, 11:03 am

There's a more dedicated thread in viewtopic.php?t=2593

I think you should ask there, as it's the proper section to ask in, and I think you'll get help faster there. I also believe this problem occurred before as well, so you could try searching the forums for the solution.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby bugmenot » November 30th, 2008, 7:47 pm

Well, I did search first, but perhaps not well enough. I must admit I thought that thread was for reporting issues with the translation patches so I skipped it though.

Regardless, negum has the right of it. I set the drivers to disable FSAA and AF for MBAC's executable and when I started the game the graphics were exactly as they should be. Needless to say, I don't use FSAA and AF very much on that EeePC with such a weak GPU, so that would explain how I missed it. How odd that the graphics would mess up in quite that particular manner though.

Anyway, problem solved. Thanks.
bugmenot
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » December 9th, 2008, 12:42 am

Weeeell.... Since this thread is about weird grahpical glitches. I'll post this here:
Wait until 2:34

You can clearly see that Akiha is, in fact, behind Shiki, but she can still bitch-slap him till the time runs out :lol:
Now, that is some weird glitch, I guess
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Melty Blood Chat