Red Arcueid is STUPID overpowered! (MB:AC ver. B)

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Red Arcueid is STUPID overpowered! (MB:AC ver. B)

Unread postby Sepheriel » November 28th, 2008, 8:18 am

I'm doing arcade mode on normal difficulty with Akiha and I've fought Arcueid at least 20 times and she always wins. I know I'm not the world's best with Akiha nor can I do any of those long air combos with any of the characters but I like to think I know what I'm doing. I can't beat her, she his way to hard with her attacks and she has one attack that out ranges Akiha's qcb + A or B move. I really don't like the fact that all of the crazy combos are done in midair. Why can't there be any ground ones that are awesome. Any tips would be appreciated.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » November 28th, 2008, 11:08 am

With Akiha on normal difficulty you can beat everybody doing only the Tori wo Otosu. A bit boring and dumb to do, but if you really need to beat her, you could try, its extremely easy to do :)
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » November 29th, 2008, 5:09 pm

Yes, Warc is fucking vicious. However, there's ways around it, and Akiha's a powerful character at most ranges. You can use her dashing attack (262) [I use arrow keys :P], forward dash + 4C5C6C, and air 236A/B/C.

Also, block her projectiles. She never uses her other attacking move anyway, even on level 5, which is what I usually play at.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby xthr » November 30th, 2008, 4:14 am

Uh I just instant air dash in and spin kick (2c) then start a combo :\

Warc hits hard and fast, and I love her laugh, but she isn't really *overpowered*. (Well actually I rape my friends every time I use her... but that's more because my friends suck :<)

Warc has good normals, but her EXs are not terribly over powered. Blood ring spam is really annoying tho :< And her telegrab is just hilarious.

Warc is really easy to do good damage with, but then so is Sion TATARI. I accidentally pulled off a 4.5k combo with her on computers by mashing keys >_>. Oh and so is Kouma. 7 hit combo -> 4k WTF?

Edit: going in for a hit with Akiha's dash isn't too smart :\ Warc's overpowered neutral C that hurts like a b*tch also usually clashes through it and hits you, creating much face-own. I'd either dash around in the air spewing heat ribbons or IAD->some overhead like j5b or ja or jc. Warc's anti-air isn't all that powerful (except for her 2c pinwheel, but the AI never uses it :\). Also, you could just dash in and poke with a 2a or a 2c sweep. Go into a BnB combo after
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Eykre » December 1st, 2008, 10:09 pm

Why are you all so bad.
Eykre
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryanbomber » December 1st, 2008, 10:40 pm

Eykre wrote:Why are you all so bad.

2/10, way too obvious and pretty textbook. You can do better than that. See me after class.

If you're still having trouble, toss up a replay or something and I'll look at it. I'm horrible at generic advice, but I can try and find specific things wrong with a replay, which will probably help.
Ryanbomber
Might just like this board

Unread postby xthr » December 2nd, 2008, 1:05 am

Eykre wrote:Why are you all so bad.

...:(
I'm sorry we don't play this all.the.time?
I'm sorry we have other things to do?

Edit: that was actually kinda rude of me, sorry if I offended anyone who loves this game :\
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Duvet » December 2nd, 2008, 1:15 am

I remember playing this game for the first time with my brother, he'd always pick all the bad characters like Warcureid or Nero... Anyways! Things I don't like about Warc is mainly her many clash flames frames and that she's pretty strong.

Personally, playing the comp isn't really challenging, but it's fun to find ways to combo from different positions. I can main Shiki, Nanaya, Kouma, Sacchin, but I really wanna learn Akiha. I just... suck when it comes to her.

Anyhow, start the match with you dashing the AI into a corner, then start off with a (j).C and hopefully you can combo and keep her there.

Anyone try completing survival (99 rounds)? I've manage to beat it a couple times with Nanaya, but that's about the only person who I can do it with.
Duvet

Unread postby xthr » December 2nd, 2008, 3:02 am

I got bored around 30 something :\
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Eykre » December 3rd, 2008, 3:26 am

Ryanbomber wrote:
2/10, way too obvious and pretty textbook. You can do better than that. See me after class.

Nah, I just honestly think you're all so bad. Also, have a replay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpYwVm93-c
Eykre
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mysteryman2000 » December 3rd, 2008, 4:06 am

No offense, I don't have a problem with Arcueid. I always seem to have trouble with Hisui or Kohaku ( sorry if I misspelled it). Especially in tag. But Arcuid for me seems easy, and I play on level 5. But if you want to learn how to fight better against Arcueid, fight in the Versus mode Level 5 against 2 Arcueid's or 2 Ciels or maybe both. You will learn faster because everything will be coming so fast at you when you play arcade things are like mega slow for you and you should be able to kick Arcueid around like a stuffed doll. I learned from experience.
Mysteryman2000
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby nobaka » December 3rd, 2008, 4:36 am

Eykre wrote:
Ryanbomber wrote:

Nah, I just honestly think you're all so bad. Also, have a replay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpYwVm93-c

It's just Nanaya Last Arcs. How is that being good? It's easy.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby xthr » December 3rd, 2008, 7:08 am

Mysteryman2000 wrote:No offense, I don't have a problem with Arcueid. I always seem to have trouble with Hisui or Kohaku ( sorry if I misspelled it). Especially in tag. But Arcuid for me seems easy, and I play on level 5. But if you want to learn how to fight better against Arcueid, fight in the Versus mode Level 5 against 2 Arcueid's or 2 Ciels or maybe both. You will learn faster because everything will be coming so fast at you when you play arcade things are like mega slow for you and you should be able to kick Arcueid around like a stuffed doll. I learned from experience.

Ehh I don't think training against two warcs is that good of an idea. It doesn't really allow you to practice combos and such. Most of the time you'll just be thrown around. It's a completely different game with different strategies. I'd just practice some BnBs in training
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sepheriel » December 3rd, 2008, 8:30 am

Mysteryman2000 wrote:No offense, I don't have a problem with Arcueid. I always seem to have trouble with Hisui or Kohaku ( sorry if I misspelled it). Especially in tag. But Arcuid for me seems easy, and I play on level 5. But if you want to learn how to fight better against Arcueid, fight in the Versus mode Level 5 against 2 Arcueid's or 2 Ciels or maybe both. You will learn faster because everything will be coming so fast at you when you play arcade things are like mega slow for you and you should be able to kick Arcueid around like a stuffed doll. I learned from experience.

If this is directed at me then I am talking about Red Arcueid, also known as Warueid. I have tons of trouble with Kohaku as well.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » December 3rd, 2008, 1:58 pm

Sepheriel wrote:

If this is directed at me then I am talking about Red Arcueid, also known as Warueid. I have tons of trouble with Kohaku as well.

Fair enough. Kohaku is a MONSTER. As broken as Nanaya, in my opinion. She's my best char. :P

Who IS your best char, btw? It'd be easier to give char specific advice rather than global.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » December 3rd, 2008, 4:17 pm

nobaka wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:

Fair enough. Kohaku is a MONSTER. As broken as Nanaya, in my opinion. She's my best char. :P

Who IS your best char, btw? It'd be easier to give char specific advice rather than global.

I don't really have a best character because I haven't played everyone enough to pick one. I sort of button mash but I do try and do combos I've figured out as much as I can. I'd say that Tohno Akiha, Vermillion Akiha, Arcueid, and Kishima are the ones I do best with, even though I still get rocked by the PC quite often. I play on difficulty of 4 so. Anyone know where to find good guides and such for characters, combos and strategies?
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby xthr » December 3rd, 2008, 8:30 pm

meltybread.com :p

Kohaku is annoying because of her speed and range, but I don't think she is too bad :\
When playing with my friends, I get cheesed by Shiki more often than anything. Stupid leg >_>
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby CSXLoser » December 3rd, 2008, 11:14 pm

*searches internet and sees Kohaku is ranked low tier*

*goes on youtube and see lots of vids of Kohaku raping everyone :shock: *
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby negum » December 3rd, 2008, 11:31 pm

CSXLoser wrote:*searches internet and sees Kohaku is ranked low tier*

That's how Kohaku is. :)
First she tricks you into thinking she is weak and then when you lower your guard...*splash*...You're dead. XP
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Gumaster » December 4th, 2008, 12:08 am

CSXLoser wrote:

It's youtube. I'm sure there are vids of neco arc raping everyone too :P Kohaku's low tier because she has low damage and low defense, although she has some incredibly good normals (Long broom is long, clashy and fast. And long.)
Kohaku CPU isnt too hard, if you're having trouble then just keep running away from her until she drops molotovs, and smack her when she lands.
Gumaster

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat