Melty Blood Act Cadenza on the PS2

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Melty Blood Act Cadenza on the PS2

Unread postby Zephyrus » February 23rd, 2006, 8:38 pm

Anime News Network just reported that Melty Blood Act Cadenza is being ported to the PS2 by none other then Sega. So, this opens up a bunch of questions. The first and most obvious is, will they bring it to the US? I don't think so, SCEA has a thing against 2D games, but then again, Sega just might have the leverage to do it, if they really wanted to. Also, does anyone know if they are changing anything? Any more information would be greatly appriciated.
Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Zephyrus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AnimeFanboy1982 » February 23rd, 2006, 9:51 pm

It would be awesome to actually have it come over to this side of the world, but I won't hold my breath for it since SCEA seems to have some huge fear of 2-D games.
You're not giong crazy! You're going sane, in a crazy world!
AnimeFanboy1982
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Elric of Grans » February 23rd, 2006, 10:15 pm

This was awesome news, but we still need an English PS2 version before we can get too happy --- here's to hoping for a PAL version!
Elric of Grans
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DarkBlade- » February 24th, 2006, 3:21 pm

i have a hope that it will come to the US, since some places i've been have had the act cadenza arcade machines...but those really dont compare to a console game release :/

at any rate heres to hoping that it does get here, and man i'm gonna need alot more controllers now...
"hey...whats that beeping noise?" -Last words of a blood eagle scout
DarkBlade-
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » February 24th, 2006, 6:18 pm

So... how does Aoko play really, if anyone here has played AC? Is she still the machinegun mage? :)
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » February 24th, 2006, 11:46 pm

YAY, CONSOLE MELTY BLOOD!!!; actually, to be honest, this doesn't really excite me that much.
Unless of course they decide to implement online play, in which case I'll declare it a sin not to buy this.

And as to how Aoko plays: I can't say a lot, since I only used her once (and that fight didn't last very long), but most of her specials involve keeping the enemy at a distance while sending lasers in their direction. And she still has the uber Arc Dive where she launches a giant laser beam out of her shoe, although it doesn't deal quite as much damage as in ReACT.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » February 25th, 2006, 7:08 am

What excites me most about this news is that we now have both Fate and MB coming to ps/2. Only one title is missing, who knows...

Unread postby TheXev » March 3rd, 2006, 6:06 am

Type-Moon has been hinting at a Tsukihime remake for awhile, so if that came to PS2 if it ever comes out, that wouldn?t be a surprise.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Hyperbeast » March 4th, 2006, 4:48 pm

I heard about this, I thought it was just a rumour...
In any case, if this does happen, I'll either be praying for a PAL release or getting my PS2 modded and the Japanese release imported.
Man... Sega rules^^

Hm... It'd be a bit odd seeing Tsukihime on the PS2... But then again, stranger things have happened... For instance the Evangelion sim type game Iron Maiden 2 getting released on PS2, so I guess it could happen.
Though it'll likely still be a pain in the ass getting a copy in Aussie land >.>
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby winsonkoh » March 30th, 2006, 2:22 am

can't wait for the game to be release on ps2, besides it's been awhile isn't it?
winsonkoh
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » March 30th, 2006, 4:29 am

You SERIOUSLY need to remove your signature. :x

Unread postby Ciel » March 30th, 2006, 6:17 am

Not before I save it. :P
...Done.

*adblocks*

On topic, finally a playable non broken Aoko. Now if they added her to final tuned as well, seeing as I don't have a ps2 and don't plan to get one anytime soon. That would be nice.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat