MB, MBR and MBAC Bug Report Thread

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: MB, MBR and MBAC Bug Report Thread

Unread postby solopy567 » June 6th, 2009, 10:46 pm

With the japanese game, not only can I control my character, the replays are like a completely different match. In my fight vs. Ciel, I used the Last Arc early on, and then some arc drives in later rounds. The replay in the japanese version did not show that, and once again my character lost.

Also, in the new version 2.1 installer for Melty Blood, when installing the subtitled opening, the opening won't show up at all except for the sound.

Lastly, if I already have the game installed, and I download a new updated patch, is it possible to update my already installed game without having to uninstall the old one?
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 7th, 2009, 12:06 am

Melty Blood ReACT - Newest Patch

Only music plays in the OP, no images
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » June 7th, 2009, 5:14 am

solopy567 wrote:Also, in the new version 2.1 installer for Melty Blood, when installing the subtitled opening, the opening won't show up at all except for the sound.

Did you try reading the readme?

Chaos Chaud wrote:Melty Blood ReACT - Newest Patch

This is more interesting. I didn't know the issue also existed for MBR. Are you running windowed or fullscreen?

solopy567 wrote:Lastly, if I already have the game installed, and I download a new updated patch, is it possible to update my already installed game without having to uninstall the old one?

Yes.

Unread postby solopy567 » June 7th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Can you please explain to me how to do that Message? I tried installing it over my old game, but it still asked for the japanese cd.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 7th, 2009, 3:41 pm

Message wrote:

This is more interesting. I didn't know the issue also existed for MBR. Are you running windowed or fullscreen?

I tried running it both ways, happened the same thing.
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » June 7th, 2009, 5:24 pm

solopy567 wrote:Can you please explain to me how to do that Message? I tried installing it over my old game, but it still asked for the japanese cd.

It will ask for the CD if 1) you're installing the same version as the one already there, 2) there are files missing from the existing installation, or 3) there isn't an existing installation in the appointed directory.

Unread postby solopy567 » June 7th, 2009, 10:37 pm

Well, it can't be 1 or 3 because I downloaded the most recent patch, and I have an old one, so it should be fine.

But what files can be missing from the directory? which key files need to be there to update the game?

P.S. I'm trying to update Melty Blood ReACT from version 1.0 to 2.0
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 8th, 2009, 1:53 am

Melty Blood ReACT - Newest Patch

I had just beaten arcade mode with Hisui and went to change Damage Settings. When I returned to Main Menu selecting button(A) and cancel button(B) stopped working and I could only highlight options but couldn't select anything. Closed the game, opened it again. The buttons were now working, but save data (about story mode cleared, giant mode, options settings) were all deleted

Edit: Also, is there a way to transfer the story mode save data from MB to MBR? I finished all the routes yesterday, and I don't want to finish them again...
Last edited by Chaos Chaud on June 8th, 2009, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ArchDemon » June 8th, 2009, 3:30 am

solopy567 wrote:With the japanese game, not only can I control my character, the replays are like a completely different match. In my fight vs. Ciel, I used the Last Arc early on, and then some arc drives in later rounds. The replay in the japanese version did not show that, and once again my character lost.

Also, in the new version 2.1 installer for Melty Blood, when installing the subtitled opening, the opening won't show up at all except for the sound.

Lastly, if I already have the game installed, and I download a new updated patch, is it possible to update my already installed game without having to uninstall the old one?

Could you upload that replay somewhere so I can take a look at it? Also about the OP video not showing, if you have something like CCCP installed it might help to add the mb.exe to the blacklist in the ffdshow settings. I haven't tested this myself but it's fixed other games I've had problems with before.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby solopy567 » June 8th, 2009, 12:21 pm

here is a megaupload link of the replays:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8E8M4JVU

P.S. Message told me how to fix the opening problem.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ArchDemon » June 10th, 2009, 5:59 am

solopy567 wrote:here is a megaupload link of the replays:

I've tried your replays and confirmed that they do screw up in both the Japanese and English versions. I've made some replays of my own in both the Japanese and English versions using the 3 win match and low damage setting and I couldn't reproduce the problem. Could you try making another replay (with and without using last arcs) and see if it still happens? If it does, then I don't have any idea what's causing it. :/
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby ArchDemon » June 10th, 2009, 6:19 am

I had just beaten arcade mode with Hisui and went to change Damage Settings. When I returned to Main Menu selecting button(A) and cancel button(B) stopped working and I could only highlight options but couldn't select anything. Closed the game, opened it again. The buttons were now working, but save data (about story mode cleared, giant mode, options settings) were all deleted

Edit: Also, is there a way to transfer the story mode save data from MB to MBR? I finished all the routes yesterday, and I don't want to finish them again...

I'm not sure, but you could try copying the cfg.cfg file from MB into MBR.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 10th, 2009, 9:52 pm

ArchDemon wrote:I'm not sure, but you could try copying the cfg.cfg file from MB into MBR.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work... But thanks for it, anyway

Edit: Same bug happened again. But this time, I could see it was caused by the sudden disappearance of cfg.cfg file while I was playing the game...

Edit 2: Same bug, this time on MBAC
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » June 16th, 2009, 11:05 am

solopy567 wrote:Also, in the new version 2.1 installer for Melty Blood, when installing the subtitled opening, the opening won't show up at all except for the sound.

Ah, I experience the same thing, but if you shift the screen a bit when the theme song starts the the visuals come back.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » June 16th, 2009, 11:31 am

Dark_Habit wrote:

Ah, I experience the same thing, but if you shift the screen a bit when the theme song starts the the visuals come back.

Like I said, read the bloody readme.

Unread postby solopy567 » June 16th, 2009, 11:37 am

ArchDemon wrote:
solopy567 wrote:here is a megaupload link of the replays:

I've tried your replays and confirmed that they do screw up in both the Japanese and English versions. I've made some replays of my own in both the Japanese and English versions using the 3 win match and low damage setting and I couldn't reproduce the problem. Could you try making another replay (with and without using last arcs) and see if it still happens? If it does, then I don't have any idea what's causing it. :/

Weird, when I ran the replays again after a few days, they seemed to work perfectly this time. I couldn't control my character while they were running and all the moves and arc drives I did were shown in the video.

By the way, how do I convert the replays into a format that can be viewed using a media player and can be uploaded to youtube?
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Quibi » August 10th, 2009, 9:45 am

Game: Melty Blood v1.1 English v2.1
Problem: I fight G. Akiha and exit the game before I lose to get infinite chances... muhaha...
Anyway, I usually did this when I had 3 tries I didn't use. After that I discovered I have 3 tries so no need to exit the game (before the last try).
So I exit the game after the last try and when I come back I have 2 more tries... Not complaining about that, but when I fight it's suddenly Sion vs. Sion instead of Shiki vs. G. Akiha... Very Weird.
Operating System: I think this has nothing to do with it...
Quibi
Might just like this board

Unread postby Dark_Habit » August 29th, 2009, 6:24 pm

Game: Melty Blood v2.0 & Melty Blood ReACT Final Tuned
Problem: Data Reset
Description: On playin' MB and then switching back to MBR, I believe the MBR got reset.As proof of it some
of the maps that get unlocked as you proceed in the game were lost

Sincere apologies if this has already been brought to the Mods' and Admins' attention.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AyaReiko » July 9th, 2010, 6:51 am

MBAC Eng 1.1 (This is not a bug.)

If you have more than one monitor with your system, the video will not display. Video runs correctly if only one monitor is active.

Also...

For ATI cards,
1. Right-click on desktop, Select Catalyst(TM) Control Center
2. Choose Advanced Setup (if you still have things set to Easy-mode WIzard)
3. Below Graphics Settings, Expand "3D" options (Plus sign left of "3D") or Select "3D"
4. Select "Anti-Aliasing"
5. Put a check-mark for "Use application settings"
6. Click the OK Button

This should get rid of the lines in the game.
AyaReiko
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby helloworld13 » October 10th, 2011, 12:50 am

Can't get the original Melty Blood to work on Windows 7. Game crashes after the intro. I don't have this problem if I don't patch the game, but if I use the translation patch, the game will crash no matter what. Tried both fullscreen + 16bit and 32bit and windowed +16bit and 32bit. Tried compatibility mode and game crashes before even starting the intro.

I know it has something to do with the patch (original japanese game worked on 7) + OS (windows XP played fine witht the translation patch, 7 did not).
helloworld13
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat