So I came back from playing MBAA

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

So I came back from playing MBAA

Unread postby CSXLoser » November 25th, 2008, 1:02 am

Went to this nice arcade in Austin and played like 20-30 mins of MBAA. I tried out full moon Shiki and half moon Nanaya.

Loved it though i thought full moon shiki sucked (im not good in this game so dont take my words for granted).

You cant combo off his 1c which ticked me off because i kept on doing that for 7 battles against the cpu to try to start some sort of aerial combo -__-. And then i finally discovered its 6b that starts the aerial...and its just a little weak upward punch he does. I do admit his Jump c looked pretty cool :D

but Half Moon nanaya was a beast. Heck i started doing these big aerial combos unintentionally. and 1a has a longer reach and his specials looked so cool :)

why i only played 20-30 mins? Well...Blazblue was right next to the machine and i wanted to watch the players on it plus there was Tekken 6.
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby I1nk » November 25th, 2008, 2:18 am

Would you say it is better then MBAC Ver B. ? J/W.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby CSXLoser » November 25th, 2008, 3:14 am

well it feels faster to me. Plus all characters having 3 different sets of moves is very nice.

Heck its alot easier to combo now and i thought MBAC was already the king of that >.>

i actually had the game froze on me one time during 20-30 mins. The arcade operator gave me 2 free credits after he restarted the machine :D

Loved the music

So yes i say its better than MBAC.

...I kinda regret not having tried out Roa :(
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby Arkenath » November 25th, 2008, 3:39 am

Any clue if/when it will be released for PC? And wait, if you played it in Austin was it already translated?
Arkenath
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 25th, 2008, 3:55 am

Arkenath wrote:Any clue if/when it will be released for PC? And wait, if you played it in Austin was it already translated?

If that's the case then I sense PS3 release in the US sometime soon. If that happens I'll probablly be as giddy as a school girl by just hearing that it's true.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby CSXLoser » November 25th, 2008, 6:33 am

Arkenath wrote:Any clue if/when it will be released for PC? And wait, if you played it in Austin was it already translated?

Nope that was an imported machine.

lol but it did say a few lines in english when operator restarted the machine. It went along the lines of...

This game is only meant to be played in Japan.
Any form of distrubition , exporting, and importing
outside of Japan is a form of violation.
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 25th, 2008, 6:56 am

CSXLoser wrote:

Nope that was an imported machine.

lol but it did say a few lines in english when operator restarted the machine. It went along the lines of...

This game is only meant to be played in Japan.
Any form of distrubition , exporting, and importing
outside of Japan is a form of violation.

Oh that's downright mean for them to say it can never leave Japan. Unless it was one of those initial releases that they picked up. I mean come on, if it's that good of a game, and has a high following then why not have it play outside of Japan?
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Ryanbomber » November 25th, 2008, 4:27 pm

Arcade machines always say stuff like that.

I shouldn't really be talking for other people like this but I don't think they care too much about it. I'm assuming there's some legal hole they're covering.
Ryanbomber
Might just like this board

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 25th, 2008, 5:51 pm

The games shouldn't leave the island?

.mmmm.... The japanese government is getting a little bit annoying....

I have heard they will abolish the loli stuff too.... (Well, I think that is a little bit good but....still there will be a hole in anime and manga...)
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 26th, 2008, 3:15 am

zweiterversuch wrote:The games shouldn't leave the island?

.mmmm.... The japanese government is getting a little bit annoying....

I have heard they will abolish the loli stuff too.... (Well, I think that is a little bit good but....still there will be a hole in anime and manga...)

You know from my guess the day the lolis die in Japan will be the day the wolrd comes to an abrupt end.

Indeed it is annoying since well they won't let the good stuff out. Even though they could gain a major profit if they did go outside of the islands if you ask me.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 30th, 2008, 7:56 am

Hmm, don't be disappointed about Roa, he's as boring as a character could get >___< Sadly, they didn't seem to be able to make any new moves, so Roa is a weird Shuki/Akiha crossover... He has those air kick and stab(punch?) moves like Shiki, but also the grab and the ground flame attacks very similar to Akiha.

And hell, I wish I could play Blaz Blue, I wub Arc System Works =))

My biggest issue with the game is how the keyboard default keys are all screwed up compared to the original MB... I hat to have to use a controller, but it's pretty much unplayable on kb
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 30th, 2008, 2:22 pm

So they changed up the keyboard controlls for this? As for SHIKI/Roa doesn't he have some of his attacks where he usues his own blood, or is it similar to Akiha. I can understand a bit of the Shiki rip and that's about it. Although I have to ask what about Reez now.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 30th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Japan started as a Closed-off country and it seems it's reverting back to that.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby NanatsuYa » November 30th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Japan started as a Closed-off country and it seems it's reverting back to that.

Does that mean that we have to sail into their harbors with battleships and order them to open up again? :lol: And I've seen BlazBlue in action, it's awesome!
Well anyway, I haven't been able to enyoj MB:AA yet, so I guess Youtube and Act Cadenza English, together with the upcoming Ps2-version of Unlimited Codes will suffice for now...

Still can't wait for this though^^
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 30th, 2008, 3:32 pm

You would think this would be brought over to the Us and whatnot since there are a lot of Type-Moon fans/slaves that are outside the islands kind of looking in with antisipation like there rest of them if you ask me. Although it would be nice if they thought of us as well. I mean the stuff that Type-Moon has made so far should be worth bringing over don't ya think?
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 30th, 2008, 5:16 pm

Well nothing Type-Moon has done has ever been officially translated, as far as I know, all it's games are Fan-translated...so I don't think they really, say to speak "Give a F**K" :P
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 30th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Indedd, but you kind of have to wonder if they know about how we want this stuff the same or possibly more then the fans that they currently know about in Japan. I mean it feels like we're kind of an untapped resource if you ask me. In any case I am greatful for the fan translations mind you, but you kind of have to wonder when they would take notice about us liking thier games and whatnot.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 30th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Well, they also probably realize that it's only a few fans that care anyway, so translating won't pay off most of the time. A bunch of games do get exported, but they are mostly from big companies (Square, Capcom, occesionally Arc System Works etc.) Nobody's gonna put in much time and money into exporting a game that maybe a couple thousand people are going to play outside Japan.

As for the keyb controls: it's Z-X-C-V and T-F-G-H for direction keys for P2 and arrows and M-,-.-/ for P1 Screwed up for sure. I wonder if there's any way to edit that.
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby gexer64 » November 30th, 2008, 8:44 pm

As in Austin Texas?
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ThreeLeafIvy » December 1st, 2008, 12:11 pm

gexer64 wrote:As in Austin Texas?

Yeah, seems like.
ThreeLeafIvy
Posting more than n00bs

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat