Akiha is ticking me off... (Spoilers, Path 6/7)

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Akiha is ticking me off... (Spoilers, Path 6/7)

Unread postby Dragona » October 12th, 2008, 9:14 pm

Giant Akiha is just cheap by all means. I can't interrupt her attacks, I can't directly attack her or I'll just get knocked down, I can't jump over her because of that shockwave attack, I can't even use my Specials against her.

I could really use some advice against her.
Dragona
Totally hardly posted

Re: Akiha is ticking me off... (Spoilers, Path 6/7)

Unread postby abscess » October 12th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Dragona wrote:Giant Akiha is just cheap by all means. I can't interrupt her attacks, I can't directly attack her or I'll just get knocked down, I can't jump over her because of that shockwave attack, I can't even use my Specials against her.

I could really use some advice against her.

1st advise: Play against her in ReAct, In normal MB I couldn't do much.
2nd advise: No use trying flashy stuff. Avoid as much as you can and kick the hand with the fierce kick while jumping. Repeat until you win or you get killed. I don't remember much about her pattern so maybe someone else can be of more help. And yes, it's that kind of cheap boss.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Dragona » October 12th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Is she toned down in ReAct?
Dragona
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » October 12th, 2008, 9:35 pm

Dragona wrote:Is she toned down in ReAct?

Not exactly, but you can get in heat mode, thus regaining some of your lost health and having a bigger chance of winning.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Rikh » October 12th, 2008, 9:53 pm

abscess wrote:
Dragona wrote:Is she toned down in ReAct?

Not exactly, but you can get in heat mode, thus regaining some of your lost health and having a bigger chance of winning.

Also with G-Akiha... if your about to lose, exit to the main menu and continue with the storyline. You will get a fair rematch with her without fear of re-doing everything

Of course this is if your going to one of the two possible storylines in the story route
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Dragona » October 12th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Thanks to Abscess's advice, I found a strategy.

Since you can't die while blocking, even with a slither of health... What I did is I just held down the left button in the farthest corner of the screen, and Akiha would come to me. And since I can block 2 of her 3 attacks in midair, I was free to attack her head. However, I had to make sure I would double jump if her fist animation comes, because I cannot aerial block it. She went down easily after that.
Dragona
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 13th, 2008, 6:26 am

I beat G-Akiha in the most straightforward way possible. I just time her attack then jump, hit her in the head as much as possible, double jump if necessary (and get a few hits in), jump immediately to do it all over again (until she uses teh drill, if that's the case you have to time your attack and get the rhythm started again).

My best result...
Damage Recieved : 0
Time : 32.47 secs (why so slow? because I kept dodging her when she used the drill on me four times)

My record is now lost though, because I had to reformat my PC back then...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Return to Melty Blood Chat