Is parrying worthless?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Soulanger » May 4th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Hmm. the parry over here at mb isnt that reliable unlike soulcalibur or SFIII. At my experience the parry wont guard the attacks. There were also a time were i parried but i was the one who got inflicted even though i attacked. basically counter(214D) was more reliant than parry itself.
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 6th, 2008, 4:32 pm

Shielding? I didn't know what it was good for in the beginning, but in time I leaned how to use it (not with enough effectiveness though) but it can be really saving sometimes, like the Circuit spark in AC (also, in AC you can hold down the Shield button to use the shield for a longer period, but it drains MC so watch out)

Simply these are the things Shielding involves:
1. It nullifies the enemy's attack.
2. You gain a small amount of MC for a shield.
3. It lets you counterattack almost instantly, minimizing the chance for the opponent to guard when you counterattack the normal way.
4. With a button input, you can perform a "Shield Bunker" wich is sort of an special attack that first shields, then attacks (if the shield connects the attack follows instantly, if the shield fails to connect, the move is slowed down excessievly)
5. During Blood heat, doing a perfect shield (or EX-shield) while either standing or jumping (some characters have to jumpshield, others don't) It unleashes the Last-Arc, which sometimes can be used as a flashy finish or just a flashy attack (the damage on this changes from character to character, it's not neccessarily stronger than the character's AD or AAD)
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby fearless » November 6th, 2008, 12:45 am

my friends hate that i can use LA and EX, Shielding at allmost the right time LIKE a 5050 chance with extra hit
but this cool to be all showy to friend or people we fight with melty blood
fearless
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 6th, 2008, 6:40 am

A good player never dismisses the advantages of parrying. (or shielding/ex-shielding)

nuff said.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Daichi » November 28th, 2008, 1:24 am

NanatsuYa wrote:Shielding? I didn't know what it was good for in the beginning, but in time I leaned how to use it (not with enough effectiveness though) but it can be really saving sometimes, like the Circuit spark in AC (also, in AC you can hold down the Shield button to use the shield for a longer period, but it drains MC so watch out)

Simply these are the things Shielding involves:
1. It nullifies the enemy's attack.
2. You gain a small amount of MC for a shield.
3. It lets you counterattack almost instantly, minimizing the chance for the opponent to guard when you counterattack the normal way.
4. With a button input, you can perform a "Shield Bunker" wich is sort of an special attack that first shields, then attacks (if the shield connects the attack follows instantly, if the shield fails to connect, the move is slowed down excessievly)
5. During Blood heat, doing a perfect shield (or EX-shield) while either standing or jumping (some characters have to jumpshield, others don't) It unleashes the Last-Arc, which sometimes can be used as a flashy finish or just a flashy attack (the damage on this changes from character to character, it's not neccessarily stronger than the character's AD or AAD)

You forget to mention about the Bunker Cancel. Where you cancel your bunker move into something else (like an ex move). It's rather difficult to do, but awesome if you can do it. :twisted:
Daichi
Mazin Go!

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat