Newb here, comin' through

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Newb here, comin' through

Unread postby Xeno » November 5th, 2005, 4:25 am

Well, I read the 2 threads currently pinned on Re-ACT... but honestly, I have no idea as of to what the hell you people are talking about. lmao

Anyway, if someone could help me out, and give me the gist of it.

I have Melty Blood Re-ACT Final Tuned

However, MBR's menu's are all in Japanese. I was wondering if there was an english patch for MBR, if so where to download it, and if I gotta go through some special process to make it work.

Right, I also need an English Menu Patch for Melty Blood (Both MB & MBR).
--------------------------
- //Ookami Forum // - For the Fighting Enthusiasts
Xeno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » November 5th, 2005, 12:07 pm

Keep on reading...

Also, it's not like you need the menu translated. You can figure out what everything is in maybe 5 min :P
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xeno » November 5th, 2005, 8:00 pm

Well, I found out what everything is on the options menu, except a few things on the first category of Melty Blood Re-ACT.

On the first box option in the options menu. There are 2 options with 5 bars on it. Im guessing the first 5 Bar Option is Difficulty Change - What is the other bar? Plus I dont know what the options below those 2 bars on the first category are for.

Anyway, took me a while to pick up the game but I already managed to learn it. Its Guilty Gear. I like Evil Arcueid (Can it be called Evil Arcueid? I donno wtf the plot is about, I dont care much but it'd be nice to know so I wont go around calling her that).

Shiki is also a good character, damaging and easy ass combos. Is there a tier list? I like to know these things cause I tend to stray away from Top Tier characters. But i'll ocassionally play them if I like the character. The only character im not used to yet is Akiha. I miss hits during some air chains sometimes.
Xeno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » November 5th, 2005, 9:40 pm

Evil Arcuied is generally called Warcueid :)

The second bar is damage/hit. I guess it's for people who want to either fight reaaaaally long battles or who want to abuse some character :D

Next, you can help me out with something. What is tier really? I've never really understood that :P

Is that just what characters are considered to be as good or something? :P
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xeno » November 6th, 2005, 7:25 pm

There are 3 Categories for a Tier List.

Top Tier
Mid Tier
Low Tier

(For some games people have a Top-Mid Tier List)

A Top Tier character is a character that has alot of priority over most of the other characters in the game. This determines the best character in the game, generically speaking. But that doesn't mean the character is unbeatable, it just means he/she has high priority moves & attributes, which to the player can be used as an advantage.

Theres also GOD Tier. Which determines the presence of a godly character (GOD Tier are usually Boss characters, but sometimes there are broken games where 1 normal character can really beat the crap out of every other character in the game).

Duo Lon, from King of Fighters 2003 could be considered God Tier, but hese still beatable. Steve Fox from Tekken 4/5 could be considered God Tier too since his priorities, speed and damage are insane.

Anyway, you know the option below the one that adjusts Rounds between 1/2/3 rounds? Whats the option below that one for? Its ont the same category.

By the way... my "Save Replay" Option doesn't seem to work... When I hit confirm nothing happends, as if its disabled. How do I make it work? I only need to solve these 2 problems and im done :P

Oh yeah, i've heard Akiha and Arc are both Top Tiers.
Xeno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Xeno » November 6th, 2005, 8:02 pm

Sorry for double post - nevermind the replay part. I figured it out (I had to create a folder titled 'Replay').

Anyway. I save a match of my Ciel on Slot 1, and a match of my Warcueid on Slot 2. And it displays 7 files in the replay folder... which ones are the ones I saved? I would like to show you how I play Ciel and Warc but I donno which file is the one I should put in a zip.

It'd be cool if these replays were turned into .avi or .mpg files :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got it on the hardest Difficulty too. Though the only character that gives me problems is Shiki (the 2nd version, forgot his last name) and I did this on VS Mode against the comp.
Xeno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » November 6th, 2005, 11:11 pm

Well, to he honest I haven't used the replay saving option :P

No match I've played is really worth to save (especially not now that no character on hardest level is any problem)

Maybe I could cook up a tier list or something :)

Top Tier: Both Arc and Warc are probably here, but Warc isn't as good for in-your-face fights. She's more of a sneaky character :) Satsuki is also here, no question. That character might even be in that god tier you talked about. I played her for the first time on hardest a while ago and got better results than with characters I've practiced with lots. She has attacks that no other attack can stop :P Tatari goes here too I think. And Vampire Sion. Ren too I think. But she's hard to play. Miyako is high tier I think. Still, the only reason she is dangerous is that stupid by-pass attack :P

Middle Tier: Nero, my favorite character gets to go here. He has a few very low-priority attacks and some very high, so I guess a middle position is best :). Sion, another of my favorite characters. Same thing. Some high, some low. Kohaku goes here. At times she feels as imba as Satsuki, but her attacks ARE breakable :P. Normal Shiki is the avatar of middle priority attacks :P. Mech-Hisui goes here too. She lives mostly on her supers anyhow, but still... The character everyone and their mothers play, Ciel goes here :P She's quite imba, but for other reasons than priority :)

Low Tier: Nanaya doesn't have high priority in his normal attacks, but he's quite the OTG-character :) Hisui is my last fav-char. It takes skill to use her effectively with her low priority :).

PS: If you have nothing better to do, plz read my Fan Fiction (in the general section on the forums) and leave me a comment :)[/b]
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xeno » November 7th, 2005, 3:30 am

A fan fic aye? Alright i'll take a look at that in a bit.

You still didn't answer my previous question about what the other option is (the one just below the Round Selection 1/2/3).

Anyway I figured out how to view replays and whatnot.
If you want to see my replay, hese are the replay files: (just extract into your folder, then go to VS Mode>Replay)

http://www.geocities.com/alpha_zero3000/replays.zip

Make sure you back up your current replays or they will get replaced.
Xeno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » November 7th, 2005, 7:57 am

Okay, sure mate :)
I hope you combo better than me :D

Okay, I watched the replays and I'm a little confused :P
In the Ciel vs Nanaya replay, you're playing Ciel, right? Were you trying to win or were you just practicing some special moves?

In the first one I think you could do a stronger combo if you ended it with d3 (I think that's the bloody notation :P). Also, a lot of the time you activate heat AFTER heat runs out :P I guess it's good if you want to add special moves into your combos, but at least with Ciel it's useful to get Blood Heat going before you use her Final Arc. Also, vs Nanaya it's really easy to shield to get the, uh, whatever it's called :P The stronger attack that you get when shielding during Blood Heat :)

Edit: Okay, just to mess with you I made some replays myself :D http://rapidshare.de/files/7303869/replay.rar.html
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby linalys » November 10th, 2005, 9:14 pm

Xeno wrote:You still didn't answer my previous question about what the other option is (the one just below the Round Selection 1/2/3).

I think you mean damage setting? The three options there should be difficulty, damage level, and round setting.
linalys
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Dectilon » November 11th, 2005, 10:37 pm

there is more. Like some option 0 2 4 and some option with what I think is yes/no alternatives.

I tried switching them around but I don't find any difference so it might be 16 or 32 colors or something :P
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xeno » November 15th, 2005, 6:36 am

Sorry, i've been away for a while.

In the Ciel vs Nanaya replay, you're playing Ciel, right? Were you trying to win or were you just practicing some special moves?

What do you mean? And yes, I was Ciel.
Anyway, I was just showing you how I play (though the AI is too damn easy, even on the hardest difficulty). Also, although I was playing I was also attempting to perform some chains I wanted to show off.

I also wanted to show off I can just run into Nanaya's multiple-stab special move and go into qcb+c super without being hit.

Also, nevermind, I figured out what that fourth option, in the first category is for. That simply Enables/Disables the special effects in the backgrounds (for example, the fog in that building stage is disabled/enabled if that option is on/off), On is LEFT, Off is RIGHT.

Also, if you saw me losing any of the rounds, thats a replay glitch, I didn't lose 1 round against both of my matches. Kinda like the SF3:3rd Strike Replay Glitch, where it sometimes shows things that didn't really happen. I think it can be fixed by sorting the replay files in the replay folder by "name", or simply leaving the game and coming back into it.

Also, I decided to make a review on this game, tell me what you think-
http://s8.invisionfree.com/Ookami_Forum ... st=0&#last

Im currently looking for some competition down here in Miami :P as well as getting my friends into this game.
Xeno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » November 15th, 2005, 11:18 am

I didn't see you lose any matches, but I did see you stand and get hit a bunch.

The review was quite good. I liked the way you presented the graphics and the Magic Circuit system, but you forgot to say that you can perform an Arc when you have Heat on (and also that you can activate heat before you reach 300% :) )

Maybe you got a little lazy when it game to story and sound effects :P

From what I have been able to pick up. the game is somewhat about vampires

Doesn't sound very impressive :)

Btw did you check any of my stuff? I put the replays on rapidshare, so they might be taken down soon :P
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xeno » November 16th, 2005, 10:04 am

Sorry, I just noticed the link on your previous post, lol.

Doesn't sound very impressive

Yeah well, untill I learn how to speak Japanese thats how its goinna go! :P

And yeah I did forget to list those things, I also forgot to list Last Arc (When you Parry an Attack during Blood Heat).

EDIT: In the first replay, where you Sion? Must be a replay glitch, cause I saw you lose 3 rounds in a row to Warc, and a majority of the time Sion was just standing there taking c.A, c.A, c.A, c.A

And well, your match as Hisui, you won 3 rounds in a row but I wasn't that impressed by her (no offense) - then again I've never played Hisui. Though seeing some of her stuff I may want to start practicing with her.
Last edited by Xeno on November 16th, 2005, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xeno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » November 16th, 2005, 10:12 am

http://tsunamichan.phpwebhosting.com/ja ... index.html :D

Also, there's a translation of the intro on gamefaqs.com

EDIT: Gha! Damn those glitches! Patch ~~...

Oh, and I forgot about the other stuff on the options menu. the 0 2 4 is the number of continues in story mode, and the option below is text speed.

It's really quite pointless to show off Hisui against the computer since she's all about counter (at least that's what I've come to believe ^^) and the computer always plays so predictable. In one round in the Hisui replay I threw a 30 hit combo, but maybe it glitched out too :P
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xeno » November 23rd, 2005, 2:13 pm

I didn't see a 30hit, so it probably did.
Anyway, I gave Hisui a test run after seeing your video. Your right, you can utilize her moves the way you can with other characters, she seems to be more like a "keep away" character, hence her throwing objects and having a pretty good Anti-Air.
Xeno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » November 23rd, 2005, 3:13 pm

I think it's funny because she has more "armor" but not as high priority. But, you can nullify that disadvantage by playing in the right style :P And it doesn't seem like the enemy can really counter it... So basically you have a character who is just as good as the others, but with more hp :)
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat