A rather odd request ^_^;

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

A rather odd request ^_^;

Unread postby Black Raven » March 10th, 2004, 4:01 pm

Hey I was wondering if any was able to etract from MeltyBlood the winner screens from Vs battles. Also does anyone know how to get the alternate screens for each character because I have been trying my darnedest to see each second pose after I saw Warakia's second victory pose and have not be able to get that one for some time. It looked really good. I've gotten Ciel's and Akiha's as well. Does anyone have screen caps or something like that?
Black Raven
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Li-kun » March 10th, 2004, 8:10 pm

Points at siggy.

Note. I even converted the ex3 files into tiff files.
I also did the super move images
Try to find the hidden ghost in my siggy.
Li-kun
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Black Raven » March 10th, 2004, 10:46 pm

Thank you ever so much :D
Black Raven
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby linalys » March 11th, 2004, 1:43 am

Don't suppose you could also add Kohaku's missed super animation too Li-kun? Please? ^_^
linalys
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby TheXev » March 11th, 2004, 5:58 am

I?d love to know who you guys extract that stuff if you do. Unlike the normal in game textures, I cannot access the character animations because they are in a format different from the textures.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Ciel » March 11th, 2004, 6:50 am

I’d love to know who you guys extract that stuff if you do. Unlike the normal in game textures, I cannot access the character animations because they are in a format different from the textures.
A program called splitdat.exe is used to access character sprites stored in dat files. Susie and plugins for for ex3 files and to extract any other file from the data0?.p archives. Pretty hard to find, especially the splitdat one (i believe it was a privately released program).
Last edited by Ciel on March 11th, 2004, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Allegra » March 11th, 2004, 12:52 pm

You know I was just logging in to make this request, but I guess you all beat me to it. I've heard of this program "susie" or something like that in Gamefaws.com forums, but of course....nobody really explained the question in detail.

I know most of us would be drooling over this little progies...I know I do, because I've been wanting to extract images and *ejem* sprites from this bloody game in order to get some things going with the Photoshop. Funny thing is that, while almost everybody knew (and had) the program, there was no damn link for us underdogs (and I am not talking about you guys).

Well, by know I assumed you've realized mi tendency of dragging subjects for pages ^_~

But, well what I *REALLY* wanted to do is to send a big thanks to Li-kun...I sincerely don't know how you did it (and I AM jealous :p ) but I greatly thank you for it, you're not "the man" you are "HE-MAN" (and I gently grace you all, with some more of my horrible-isn't funny at all humor).

So, I think you all want me to stop writing by now, so I'll get back to my wishing (you know, for the proggie to stract images and sprites and....so on).

Best Regards, Allegra
-->Sometimes you just have one signature...get over it...<--
Allegra
Totally hardly posted

Finally avatars! ^_^

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » March 11th, 2004, 6:40 pm

Now I can finally make avatars from the game! :D I've been looking for a way to dothis for a while, guess it slipped my mind while posting on the forum... Anyway Thanks a ton Li-Kun. We all appreciate it. By the way nice avatar.
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Re: Finally avatars! ^_^

Unread postby Li-kun » March 11th, 2004, 7:13 pm

DragonNeoReborn wrote:By the way nice avatar.

Thanks, I ripped it from the special effects sheet.

Btw. if anyone is wondering why I put the link in my signature,
it's because this way I can remove (dead) links.

Also I can't obtain the failed super image or the Arc & Ciel image because they're in the dat files :(
/me can't open them
Try to find the hidden ghost in my siggy.
Li-kun
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » March 11th, 2004, 7:47 pm

Most probably in effect.dat file, since they're not in any other dat, and effect.dat seems to use diffrent way to encrypt graphic, so when trying to open it the graphic gets messed up. Also all the dat files have a fixed palette for sprites and character specific effects, and a portrait like that would probably require more than 64-128 colors.

That's what the sprites in character files look like.
That's what the sprites in effect.dat look like...
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » March 28th, 2004, 11:27 pm

Ciel wrote:
I?d love to know who you guys extract that stuff if you do. Unlike the normal in game textures, I cannot access the character animations because they are in a format different from the textures.
A program called splitdat.exe is used to access character sprites stored in dat files. Susie and plugins for for ex3 files and to extract any other file from the data0?.p archives. Pretty hard to find, especially the splitdat one (i believe it was a privately released program).

Does anyone I've links to either of these??? I've looked all over the web for them and only find refrences on super long japanese forums in which all the links are dead... I did however find splitdat.exe, but it doesn't work (at least to my knowledge) Thanks for the help.
-DragonNeoReborn
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby Ciel » March 29th, 2004, 8:10 am

You probably found the wrong one. There are around 4-5 splitdats around the web, none of them were made for MB. And the plugins are supposed to be on some page linked on the susie page.[/rumor]
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat