Melty Blood (original) patches question

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Melty Blood (original) patches question

Unread postby Red Hairdo » September 8th, 2008, 11:52 pm

... Uhm, I have a doubt.

I heard the original Melty Blood had only two official patches (Re-ACT and Re-ACT Final Tuned).
My question is: were each of these patches officially implemented into a disc and then the discs were sold OR did TYPE-MOON put them somewhere in the web for players to download and install the patches themselves? (thus being the patches free)

I have the original Melty Blood. All I want to know is if I can upgrade it by downloading the patches from some official TYPE-MOON site or if I'll have to search for official (if they exist) Re-ACT and Re-ACT Final Tuned discs on eBay.

Sorry for troubling you people... and thanks in advance.
Red Hairdo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » September 8th, 2008, 11:59 pm

You need to buy Re-act separately. Or buy Act Cadenza, where the game actually gets pretty good.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Re: Melty Blood (original) patches question

Unread postby Message » September 9th, 2008, 7:16 am

Red Hairdo wrote:All I want to know is if I can upgrade it by downloading the patches from some official TYPE-MOON site or if I'll have to search for official (if they exist) Re-ACT and Re-ACT Final Tuned discs on eBay.

You need to buy ReACT, because it is an expansion, not an upgrade. Final Tuned is however an upgrade, and you can legally download it for free. Note however that there are MANY bootleg versions of Melty Blood and MB ReACT for sale on eBay. Things to look out for:

- There was NEVER a version of MB that included ReACT
- There was NEVER a version of ReACT that included Final Tuned
- There was NEVER an English version of MB or MBR

So if you see "Melty Blood ReACT Final Tuned" for sale, you'll know it's some asshole trying to sell copied CDs. Please note that our translations do NOT work with the bootleg versions of MB*.

If you want to buy the game in order to play it as a fighting game, indeed it may be a better idea to buy Act Cadenza ver.B. However, since Act Cadenza does not have a story mode, you'll be unable to play the game as a visual novel. For story mode, you'll need to buy MB. MBR does not change MB's story mode, so you don't need to buy that per se.

Unread postby Rikh » September 9th, 2008, 8:53 pm

also you might already knows this, but to play re-act, you need to have already installed meltyblood regular edition
expansions can only be used on things already installed =P
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Red Hairdo » September 11th, 2008, 3:57 am

I see then. Thank you guys! I'm really glad for you help!

Hehe, I know eBay is full of these things, I'll be careful and thoughtful, as I'm usually am. Thank you for the tips too. ^^

Hm, so, I still have one final question...
The "Final Tuned" patch is an upgrade of Re-ACT... And is officialy available for download by TYPE-MOON somewhere, right?
If so, then where is it? (I'm not very good at browsing on japanese web pages u_u')

And thanks in advance too, once again. xD
Red Hairdo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » September 11th, 2008, 4:38 am

Red Hairdo wrote:The "Final Tuned" patch is an upgrade of Re-ACT... And is officialy available for download by TYPE-MOON somewhere, right?
If so, then where is it? (I'm not very good at browsing on japanese web pages u_u')

The file you're looking for is mbr2501ft2.exe.

Unread postby Red Hairdo » September 11th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Thank you!! =))))
Red Hairdo
Totally hardly posted

Return to Melty Blood Chat