MBAC newcomer need help with nanaya

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

MBAC newcomer need help with nanaya

Unread postby woDka » August 20th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Hi im a newcomer to MBAC and this is my first time playing one of these games its rly fun but i rly dunno how to do good tricks and so on
a very difficult game in my opinion would be rly nice to get some help
some test games ,tactics or something like that would be rly nice hope anyone can help me ^^

greetz

woDka
woDka
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » August 20th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Before anything, learn some combos, specifically his BnB.
By the way, his BnB deals about 3200 damage, and is very easy to do (Tohno's was like 4400 to 7000 >_>).
http://ikusat.mac.org/mbac/index.php/Nanaya_Shiki
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby woDka » August 20th, 2008, 7:46 pm

okay found it im sry :P but these combo's seem pretty hard is nanaya rly that bad ?
woDka
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » August 20th, 2008, 8:05 pm

woDka wrote:okay found it im sry :P but these combo's seem pretty hard is nanaya rly that bad ?

Nanaya's BnB is incredibly easy compared to some other ones, where it's really long and needs really good timing (I mean by 2~3 frames).

Like this ass: 2ABC5C 214B 214B 2B5B jc j.B(2 hits)C jc j.B(2 hits)C Air Throw

(jc = jumpcancel [has to be super])

You should check out meltybread.com if you're planning to play this game.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 20th, 2008, 9:43 pm

I just play the game and figure out my own combos. If I wanna see new stuff then I'll look for it. I hate how you can't combo like nuts on the ground but you can do it in the air.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 21st, 2008, 6:22 am

I don't like to rely too much on combos. I always choose my course of action depending on how my opponent moves. Sometimes, it's better to play safe than to risk getting punished for messing up a combo.
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Einherjar » August 21st, 2008, 1:41 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:I don't like to rely too much on combos. I always choose my course of action depending on how my opponent moves. Sometimes, it's better to play safe than to risk getting punished for messing up a combo.

Yeah, but aren't you supposed to link your action to a combo (well, to 5A or 2A if you can't think fast enough [like me >_>])?
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 22nd, 2008, 6:27 am

Einherjar wrote:
nanaya_shinya wrote:I don't like to rely too much on combos. I always choose my course of action depending on how my opponent moves. Sometimes, it's better to play safe than to risk getting punished for messing up a combo.

Yeah, but aren't you supposed to link your action to a combo (well, to 5A or 2A if you can't think fast enough [like me >_>])?

There are more to Melty Blood than just combos. A person's playing style depends on his or her skill.

But yes, you ARE supposed to link your action to a combo of some sort, but it also depends on how good your opponent is -one cannot combo when they're the one receiving it. If I get the chance for a ground combo, I always end them with hattenshou (qcf+B or A), or nanaya (qcb+B) then follow-up with an OTG rikuto (f,d,df+B or A) if I'm close enough or pull off an OTG 2ABC then Hattenshou (qcf+C, or B if the magic circuit gauge isn't filled to at least 100%) , and I abuse it... A LOT. Hattenshou by itself is good for punishing most aggressive players too (with proper timing, you'll be able to catch them mid-attack or while they are attacking in mid-air then scoring off a few hits if possible ^^; ).

Experiment with your own "unique" combos and have fun while doing it because you won't be able to fully appreciate the game if you can't enjoy it. (plus, you can taunt your opponent as if you are using Dan Hibiki to kick his or her arse if you do a cool-looking but ridiculously weak combo, like connecting nanaya's arc drive from a launcher [does WEAK damage, looks kinda cool, but don't use it against better players... seriously])

Anyway, I'm just advising newbies to play it safe (opt by mixing up nanaya's teleport moves and play mind games with your opponent) if they aren't sure if they can pull off a combo successfully. So that they won't get punished by faster, and more experienced players (like me, or other veteran Nanaya users).

Winning or losing is part of the game, it doesn't really matter if you win or lose because you'll learn a lot more from experience than from other people's advice.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. I you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." -Sun Tzu, Art of War

Happy Slashing!
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby puKKa » September 6th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Just mash it, melty has no worthy scene except from japan and slightly in US.

These might help you though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buXY4BTU4qg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8shXI3VLlA
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Return to Melty Blood Chat