Setting Player 1, 2, etc

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Setting Player 1, 2, etc

Unread postby azultsuki » August 15th, 2008, 3:47 am

Does anyone know how to set a controller as player 1? It seems that only player 1 can access the story mode in react as well as go through the main menu for act cadenza.

Or is there any way to change my controller to a pad 1 because i clicked through the different pad configs on the MB startup screen and it seems that my controller is configured to pad 3(causing it be read as player 3?).

Basically, I'm looking for a way to configure the game controller I'm using to pad 1 if anyone knows how please, thanks.
azultsuki
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 15th, 2008, 8:21 am

Maybe you need to insert your controller to a different usb slot or something, or you need to configure in Game Controllers (in Control Panel) . However, the first time that I used a USB gamepad for playing, the game automatically configured it to player 1 and no matter what I do, I can't seem to set it to player 2. So I bought a second gamepad and after inserting it, the game automatically configured it to player 2.
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Ryanbomber » August 15th, 2008, 3:31 pm

I think it assigns it based on which number each controller has, which is assigned by the OS based on what order they're plugged in.

If you don't have 2 controllers plugged in, check the control panel, I guess?

(comedy "become a keyboard warrior" option)
Ryanbomber
Might just like this board

Unread postby puKKa » September 6th, 2008, 12:04 pm

You probably have two other devices that are registrating as controlls as well. Try unplugging all USB-devices and plugging in the controller first, boot MB and see if it works.
Worst case you can use the program joy2key and bind the controller to the keyboard buttons. Not perfect but it works.

Also Stick > Keyboard > Pad, EOD.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Return to Melty Blood Chat