ATI/S3 texture issue in Melty Blood

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

ATI/S3 texture issue in Melty Blood

Unread postby TheXev » March 4th, 2004, 8:25 pm

Anyone ever had this issue with Melty Blood?

I have ALWAYS had this problem when playing Melty Blood on my Radeon 9700 Pro, and NuAngel has seen the same thing on his laptop?s S3 card and his Radeon 9500 Pro. I decided to check and see what version of Melty Blood introduced this issue (as 1.000 doesn?t do this for me), and it turns out it was 1.002 (I couldn?t? find 1.001 to test). I?d assume the addition of 32-bit color support created this problem. Does anyone know a fix for this issue? Simply turning to 16-bit color doesn?t fix it.

I looked into seeing if I could insert additional stage files into the ReACT demo to see if the issue had been taken care of in ReACT, but it seems the format for the stage files as been altered (perhaps to fix issues like this?). Does anyone out there have any idea?s? I?ve tried looking through Japanese FAQ?s to find an answer, but I can?t seem to find one.

I have never seen an issue like this on nVidia cards.

*edit*
DirectX raster image does not produce this error, so it is not at the API level.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Melty Blood Chat