I've got several questions.

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

I've got several questions.

Unread postby Mojinr » August 17th, 2005, 11:33 am

Some of these may have been asked before in other topics but after browsing through them I either didn't see them or didn't see a solution to them so please, just listen.

I just got the 2.501a Final Tuned patch for ReACT (Took me long enough get me a copy of Melty Blood and ReACT.) and I'm having a problem with the controls (I use the Keyboard in case that matters). Whenever I use the first player controls from MB or from the first version of ReACT I get a menu that pops up when I preform light attacks (A-button/N-Key) in practice mode. This kinda gets in the way of training.

Next thing is... an English patch for ReACT. Is there one? I haven't tried the ReACT demo (The full version of MB kept me busy.)

Last thing, what's this Character unlock thing I saw in a topic or two on this board for ReACT?
Mojinr
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » August 17th, 2005, 12:13 pm

To fix the controls you have to delete the cfg.cfg file. It'll also erase all your progress in the game though.

No idea about the patch, the demo is translated but i doubt there's a patch for the full game, seeing as it gets updated all the time.

As for the character unlocker the site of its creator was removed. The last unlocker was for 2.500c.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mojinr » August 17th, 2005, 2:54 pm

Thanks. That helped but now what is the default start button/key? I mean technically now I don't have a way to exit training mode without the ESC key that exits the whole game.
Mojinr
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » August 17th, 2005, 4:46 pm

Use F5 to access the menu.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarksideOfSoul » August 25th, 2005, 1:46 pm

i have some question about MBReact v 2.500c
1)how many characters are there (please with names if its not a great bother)
2)which can be played at the beginning
3)which must be released through playing (how??)
4)is there a data reset function, when yes, where is it (since the menu is japanese, i cant read it :p )

when one (or all) questions have been asked before, please forgive me.
DarksideOfSoul
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » August 25th, 2005, 11:07 pm

I can answer the first one at least. Satsuki Yumiduka, Sion Eltnam Atlasia, Vampire Sion, Len, Tohno Shiki, Nanaya Shiki, Hisui, Kohaku, the Hisui/Kohaku tag team, Akiha, Reversed Akiha, Ciel, Mech-Hisui, Arcueid, Warcueid, Tatari/Walach (Warakia, but I'm pretty sure the mean Walach) and Nero.

There are others, like Aoko, White Len(imba vs some chars :P, pushover vs others), Neko-Arcu and a lame version of Ciel (can't remember the name, Judgement form or something) and finaly Giant Akiha, who can be vs:d by holding the shield button and starting a arcade game. These characters can be played in some versions with some kind of extra downloadable hack. But since all of them are lame, don't waste time with that :P
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dectilon » August 26th, 2005, 12:14 am

I added a little more on the fan fic, if anybody cares.
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zoop » August 28th, 2005, 1:42 am

DarksideOfSoul wrote:2)which can be played at the beginning
3)which must be released through playing (how??)

In MBR all characters are available from the get-go, though as Dectilon said, there are several 'secret' characters that can be made available via a third party hack: Neko Arc, Aoko, White Ren, Executioner Ciel, and Giant Akiha. Of them White Ren and Neko Arc are the two most playable... Aoko's only attacks (to my knowledge) are several projectiles and a kick. Executioner Ciel is likewise broken, having only a couple attacks. As for Giant Akiha... Shes good for smashing stuff, I guess.

DarksideOfSoul wrote:4)is there a data reset function, when yes, where is it (since the menu is japanese, i cant read it :p )

If by data you mean your game options and the like, deleting cfg.cfg should do the trick, I think.
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby Ciel » August 28th, 2005, 4:55 pm

Ever since the final tuned patch White Len got watered down (at least when you try to play as her, most of her commands do not work). She can only do one special and super, cannot run and has no blood heat mode.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulanger » August 29th, 2005, 1:00 am

Dectilon wrote:There are others, like Aoko, White Len(imba vs some chars :P, pushover vs others), Neko-Arcu and a lame version of Ciel (can't remember the name, Judgement form or something) and finaly Giant Akiha, who can be vs:d by holding the shield button and starting a arcade game. These characters can be played in some versions with some kind of extra downloadable hack. But since all of them are lame, don't waste time with that :P

Hey Aoko and neko arent lame. :x
Aoko is cool. And neko is cute and weird. :D

Ciel wrote:To fix the controls you have to delete the cfg.cfg file. It'll also erase all your progress in the game though.

What more is the use of deleting it. Please tell
Soulanger
Addict

Unread postby Ciel » August 29th, 2005, 4:50 am

I don't think anything else happens when you delete it, since it only seems to store the game progress, max number of hits/selecting of each character/etc and key configuration.

It changed a bit when the game was updated to final tuned, that's probably why the controls got wacky in it (perhaps the game info overlapped the control info or something. No idea here).
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dectilon » August 29th, 2005, 7:41 am

Hey Aoko and neko arent lame. Mad
Aoko is cool. And neko is cute and weird. Very Happy

That's not a hindrance. By lame I mean that if a player would be in control of them vs a normal character they would win by default.
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Soulanger » August 29th, 2005, 12:32 pm

Ciel wrote:I don't think anything else happens when you delete it, since it only seems to store the game progress, max number of hits/selecting of each character/etc and key configuration.

It changed a bit when the game was updated to final tuned, that's probably why the controls got wacky in it (perhaps the game info overlapped the control info or something. No idea here).

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I dont understand the controls werent wacky when i updated it.
The only thing i notice is sometimes the game freezes a bit and the controls sometimes locks. I use PPjoykey.

Dectilon wrote:
Hey Aoko and neko arent lame. Mad
Aoko is cool. And neko is cute and weird. Very Happy

That's not a hindrance. By lame I mean that if a player would be in control of them vs a normal character they would win by default.

Oh sorry. :oops:
Soulanger
Addict

Return to Melty Blood Chat