New here and Having some Graphics problems

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

New here and Having some Graphics problems

Unread postby FamiliarOfZero » July 14th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Hey sorry to annoy you straight off the bat, but i'm having some problems with MBR. ive only tried arcade mode so far, but i select my character, then it loads up to the person about to talk, then a black triangle comes across the screen, and when it goes away, i can't see any text, only the persons face, then when the battle loads up, All i see is a black screen with a couple of Blue lines,
Just tried story mode then, get random triangles and when the screen goes black, the text is still black, so i can only see the piece of paper, or the triangle telliing me to click to go onto the next line

Running
Core 2 Duo E8400
Asus P5K PRO MB
Asus 3870 Graphics card
Direct X 9
Plays WOW, Tsukihime, Clannad and a few more visual novels perfectly, but just cracks the shits at MB and MBR. Mb isnt as bad, but when your fighting the character sprite sometimes goes missing, so its like there teleporting. Hard to explain but please bear with me :)

Guessing its because its an ATI Grphx card looking through the other posts, just wanting to know a way to rectify it.
Maybe a setting in Catalyst or something (i hate catalyst but i rushed installing my new comp and installed it, and probably do more dmg if i uninstall it)

Heres some screenies
h**p://i345.photobucket.co m/albums/p371/FamiliarOfZero/Random1.jpg
h**p://i345.photobucket.co m/albums/p371/FamiliarOfZero/Random2.jpg
h**p://i345.photobucket.co m/albums/p371/FamiliarOfZero/Random3.jpg
h**p://i345.photobucket.co m/albums/p371/FamiliarOfZero/Random4.jpg

Any help would be Appreciated
Zero

PS sorry bout the space in .co m but it won't let me post links unless 2 posts.
FamiliarOfZero
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » July 15th, 2008, 8:05 pm

I had errors similar to this when my AGP was about to go bad on my Asus A7V8X with my Radeon 9700 Pro... I thought it was the video card at the time, but then the motherboard finally gave up on life. While I don't have experience with current ATI cards, make sure stuff like FSAA and AF are turned off for this game.. it will cause graphical corruption.

Try playing MB in 16-bit color. It NEVER ran correctly on my Radeon 9700 Pro otherwise.

It's reasons like this I have yet to buy another ATI card.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby idontknoW » July 16th, 2008, 8:06 am

ever did the usual stuff yet? you know, installing video drivers and restoring the video card settings to factory defaults.
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby FamiliarOfZero » July 16th, 2008, 9:26 am

Update: Updated graphics card drivers before work, and just got back and tested them now, all works fine now (arcade mode atleast). now all i need is to go buy a game pad. Any recomendations :D?
FamiliarOfZero
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 16th, 2008, 12:20 pm

FamiliarOfZero wrote:now all i need is to go buy a game pad. Any recomendations :D?

This. (I still need to get one, myself....)
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Yendi » July 16th, 2008, 7:57 pm

FamiliarOfZero wrote:now all i need is to go buy a game pad. Any recomendations :D?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gamin ... 7&cl=us,en

What I use, the d-pad makes it easy to roll those 214's and 236's
Yendi
Might just like this board

Unread postby abscess » July 16th, 2008, 9:31 pm

I use the X360's controller and works perfectly fine with me.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 16th, 2008, 10:09 pm

Yendi wrote:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gamin ... 7&cl=us,en

What I use, the d-pad makes it easy to roll those 214's and 236's

That's all fine and dandy, except for the square-shaped holes for the analog sticks. That's the one reason I haven't gotten a Logitech gamepad.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Return to Melty Blood Chat