Melty Blood REact Story/Arcade mode

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Melty Blood REact Story/Arcade mode

Unread postby aallx » June 15th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Is there no story/arcade mode in melty blood REact? The options are there, but when I try to choose them, nothing happens. only versus and practice mode works.
aallx
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby nobaka » June 15th, 2008, 3:17 pm

ReACT has both Arcade mode and Story mode. Must be something wrong with your install.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby aallx » June 15th, 2008, 4:31 pm

Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I should install ReACT to the same folder where the original Melty Blood game is installed in? Or some crazy requirement like finishing Melty Blood first?
aallx
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby abscess » June 15th, 2008, 7:53 pm

I never finished Melty Blood (I got stuck in the G story) and finished it later when I got ReAct, so no crazy requirement. Both Melty and Melty ReAct are, in my case, inside a Watanabe Productions folder but are separate... I don't know if I'm making sense. I'll try this
[ WATANABE PRODUCTIONS ] <-- Main Folder
[MeltyBlood MeltyBlood ReAct ] <-- Sub Folders inside Watanabe folder
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby nobaka » June 15th, 2008, 9:07 pm

aallx wrote:Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I should install ReACT to the same folder where the original Melty Blood game is installed in? Or some crazy requirement like finishing Melty Blood first?

You don't need to finish Melty Blood, or even play it at all. Although you'd be missing out on the cross-counter punch that was removed from ReACT and AC.

As I understand it, you install it in the same directory, since it's an 'expansion'.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » June 16th, 2008, 7:45 am

nobaka wrote:As I understand it, you install it in the same directory, since it's an 'expansion'.

No, you install MBR seperately. Just use the default folders.

Unread postby aallx » June 16th, 2008, 3:33 pm

Hawuuuh (T_T)... am I the only one having this problem? Is it possible that there is something wrong with my installer? Would it even install if there's something wrong with my CD?

Edit:
Hmm, it just came to me now... but is it possible that the reason for my problem is that I installed Melty Blood using the english patcher? Maybe I should have installed the Japanese Melty Blood?

EditEdit:
Boohoo (T_T)... still doesn't work... I don't wanna play the original! Gameplay is too sucky! They float in the air when they jump!

EditEditEdit:
Another note. At first I thought that the Melty Blood ReACT doesn't have an opening sequence. Now I'm convinced that it does have one, or rather, it is supposed to play the one inside the Melty Blood folder, but in my case, the opening sequence is skipped entirely. My hypothesis is that my MBR installation does not recognize the MB installation. I've checked the _path.dat file, and the MB directory is properly specified. Anyone has an idea on what problem I might have?

EditEditEditEdit!:
God, I hate myself... forgive me people for my foolishness and stupidity. Apparently, it was a lame mistake on my part. All along I've been trying to play a single player mode using the "2P controller". *facepalm* Anyway, everything works fine now. Again, I truly am sorry.

(Still, it annoys me a bit. 2P controller worked fine when playing Melty Blood. They could have at least bothered a bit to do the same to ReACT...)
aallx
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Einherjar » August 1st, 2008, 2:44 am

I'm just wondering, when did Sion and Satsuki meet up?? I'm assuming it's in meltyblood, but I haven't found it yet...
P.S. Why is meltyblood so dead here?
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 2nd, 2008, 6:08 am

Einherjar wrote:I'm just wondering, when did Sion and Satsuki meet up?? I'm assuming it's in meltyblood, but I haven't found it yet...

I had that same question! In Arcade they act like friends when they meet and in
Satsuki's ending they act like ones too.

I don't remember any moment during the Story Mode where they met each other....
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 2nd, 2008, 11:59 am

abscess wrote:
Einherjar wrote:I'm just wondering, when did Sion and Satsuki meet up?? I'm assuming it's in meltyblood, but I haven't found it yet...

I had that same question! In Arcade they act like friends when they meet and in
Satsuki's ending they act like ones too.

I don't remember any moment during the Story Mode where they met each other....

Hmmm good question.
Perharps they met when Shion was looking for a nice spot to sleep and then:

Satsuki: "Yo! new in the neighborhood?"
Shion: "Yes."
Satsuki: "You should take those newspapers. It is cold in the morning."
Shion: "Thank you. I am shion."
Satsuki: "Satsuki."

Or something like that.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 4th, 2008, 7:11 am

Melty Blood's story is supposed to be set after Sacchin's good ending in tsukihime (waiting for the remake, and does not care for the translation) right? From what I read in the plus disc, Sion will appear if the game will have a sequel because her rough sketches look as if she'll be a heroine in the game. Maybe Melty Blood will be Tsukihime's sequel, with Sacchin as the real heroine for Tsukihime instead of Arc....or maybe not.
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby abscess » August 4th, 2008, 7:55 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:Melty Blood's story is supposed to be set after Sacchin's good ending in tsukihime (waiting for the remake, and does not care for the translation) right? From what I read in the plus disc, Sion will appear if the game will have a sequel because her rough sketches look as if she'll be a heroine in the game. Maybe Melty Blood will be Tsukihime's sequel, with Sacchin as the real heroine for Tsukihime instead of Arc....or maybe not.

Hmmm... I really, really doubt Sacchin will EVER overthrow Arc as the main Tsukihime heroine, after all, the game is called Tsukihime as an allusion to Arc being the princess of the Shinso/True Ancestors. And about Melt being based in Sacchn's ending, I THINK that in Plus+Disk says that it is based in Sacchin's normal ending, making me suppose that her good ending would be one where Shiki stays with her. But still... I think that there should have been a scene where we see Satsuki and Sion meet.
abscess

Unread postby Einherjar » August 5th, 2008, 2:30 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:Melty Blood's story is supposed to be set after Sacchin's good ending in tsukihime (waiting for the remake, and does not care for the translation) right? From what I read in the plus disc, Sion will appear if the game will have a sequel because her rough sketches look as if she'll be a heroine in the game. Maybe Melty Blood will be Tsukihime's sequel, with Sacchin as the real heroine for Tsukihime instead of Arc....or maybe not.

Sacchin? Questionable......
Anyways, from what I remembered, it's stated that it's Normal End.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Return to Melty Blood Chat