ReACT Final Tuned

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Ciel » August 6th, 2005, 10:32 am

What kind of error does it show?

I know i have been using this method on every patch that was released including the final tuned ones, and it always worked perfectly.

Btw. any chance you could crop these screenshots to something smaller than 800x600? I doubt anyone uses any resolution below it, and it just unnecesarily stretches the entire layout.

Edit: Also 2500c is a bit outdated, perhaps try 2501a.

http://mirror.fuzzy2.com/meltyblood/
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dectilon » August 6th, 2005, 10:42 am

I recall that a friend of mine got that error when trying to install when he had windows set to japanese, I got it the other way around ~~
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » August 6th, 2005, 1:36 pm

Edit: Also 2500c is a bit outdated, perhaps try 2501a.

So 2501a won?t be released as a correction patch to 2500. That sucks, as that means I gotta download the entire thing on my modem. Grrrrr

And for Pete?s sake Largo, please learn to use alt+printscreen! It only saves the active window.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Ciel » August 6th, 2005, 1:49 pm

It's still the same type of patch like all the previous ones, only with the 07.p file included (so that instead of overwriting two small files you overwrite two small files and one huge file). :P
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dectilon » August 6th, 2005, 2:19 pm

Yeah Largo, you have to use your L337 Ski11z ^^
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby p_ouji » August 6th, 2005, 5:57 pm

GTL, I've had the same problem (the game not even starting up) on a previous installation of the Final Tuned patch. The problem was caused by a file in the directory containing the path information for the game. The file is called "_Path.cfg". Simply delete it and MBR.exe will create a new one on startup. I hope this solves your problem. Good Luck!

-Al
p_ouji
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Great Teacher Largo » August 6th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Here's what I'm getting.

and ouji I didn't see a path.cfg. There was a path.dat though. When I deleted and tried to run it I got this.
Great Teacher Largo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby emperor » August 6th, 2005, 8:41 pm

As far as I can tell the first says:
Melty blood hasn't been installed.
In order to play it an enviroment with melty blood installed is necessary.

Second one:
Files do not suffice (->Lacking files)
Melty blood is not installed correctly.

If you ask me the first probably means that you have not installe melty blood. I cannot gurantee but you better check the following things:
-You used the proper installer for melty blood.
-You did not manually copy over the files from your cd.
-You do not use any version that was already installed from somewhere.
emperor
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Ciel » August 6th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Simple. You need melty blood to be installed either in the folder with react or in some other folder and with modified _path.dat.

For example i have installed Melty to a subfolder in the React folder and called it MB.

I had to modify the _path.dat to contain:
.\MB\

And it works fine.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Great Teacher Largo » August 6th, 2005, 9:09 pm

I have both react and MB in the same folder already. I put that .\mb\ in the path file but I still got that same error.
Great Teacher Largo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » August 7th, 2005, 6:43 am

If you have both in the same folder you should have a:
.\
In that file (i think). It's basically a path to your melty blood installation.

If it still doesn't run, it's possible your melty blood installation is missing some files. You will need to check if you have these files:
Code: Select all
data00.p (135 mb)
data01.p (211 mb)
data02.p (57.1 mb)
data03.p (132 mb)
data04.p (either 17.9 mb or 26.3 mb, depends from you having the english patch or not. Shouldn't affect re-act in any way)
mb.exe (484 kb)
mbop.mpg (40.4 mb. The movie is required to run the game)
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby eastyy » August 13th, 2005, 10:45 am

Does the final tuned update make the game better though?.Feels like every patch i add it nerfs some of my fav combos
eastyy
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby GoldenKitsune » August 14th, 2005, 2:36 am

Hello there, I was wondering if some of the lovely people here could help me. After I downloaded and installed the Melty Blood Final Tuned patch from the revolve page I've been getting these errors when tryign to run mbr.exe, perhaps you could help me.

When I open the game, I get this:

So I press okay and this pops up:

And so on...:

And So on, and so on.

After that last one, when I press okay, I get the black "please waiting" screen for about a second, and then this:

Perhaps one of you could help me.

Thanks in advanced
-GK
GoldenKitsune
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby John_Edward » August 19th, 2005, 3:42 pm

What do you need to do to get those extra colors for the characters ?
Im sure that the neco arc says what id need to do, just that i cant read japanese :P
Can anyone tell me :D ?
John_Edward
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mysterio006 » August 19th, 2005, 6:59 pm

NekoArc is simply saying you can't see the colors, you'll have to enter battle to see them (or something along those lines)

GoldenKitsune - did you set your computer to Japanese encoding?
Mysterio006
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Chaos_Croc » August 21st, 2005, 1:43 am

I have the same problem as Golden Kitsune mentioned. My computer is set for Japanese encoding, and it still doesn't work.
Chaos_Croc
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » August 31st, 2005, 10:43 pm

Mysterio006 wrote:NekoArc is simply saying you can't see the colors, you'll have to enter battle to see them (or something along those lines)

GoldenKitsune - did you set your computer to Japanese encoding?

You do not need to set the computer to Japanese mode to play ReACT, although you do need to set it to Japanese mode to view the output of those messages.

Melty Blood MUST BE installed correctly for ReACT to detect the correct path automatically. If you simply copied the Melty Blood files from the CD to the PC, then ReACT will not function correctly. One way to fix this issue is to reinstall Melty Blood by following the Melty Blood game installation guide I created. If you?re using Windows 2000, you should be smart enough to figure out the difference required to install it correctly. If your using Windows 9x, there is nothing you can really do to install it correctly.

The other method to get ReACT to work correctly is to force its files into the same folder as Melty Blood(drag and drop). The problem is if you want to play regular Melty Blood for any reason, your ReACT gaming preferences will be erased! I do NOT recommend this method of installation.

Also, if you get this error:
Great Teacher Largo wrote:Here's what I'm getting.

This error says basically says ?MeltyBlood is not installed. Please install MeltyBlood to play.? Either install Melty Blood correctly as I stated above, or make sure you DO NOT have an older Revolve patch installed such as 1.100.001e or 1.100.003e. If mb.exe was overwritten, it will not checkout correctly with ReACT. Any of the officially released mb.exe?s will work, but not Revolve?s mod(it was renamed to mb-english.exe for this reason). This is a well covered issue from ReACT?s original release, and you may read more about it in this thread. 1.100.003Ae was released to prevent this issue from occurring. In short, replace mb.exe with the CD?s version, or install the nero0623 official patch.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Elric of Grans » October 3rd, 2005, 4:37 am

I recently applied the Final Tuned patch, and was wondering about changes to `unlockables' in the game. I ask, because I have been unable to fight G.Akiha. I cleared Arcade Mode with Sion, without continuing, and was under the impression that holding block and selecting Arcade mode would give me this option, but it does not seem to do anything.

How do I unlock extras in Final Tuned?
Elric of Grans
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Dectilon » October 3rd, 2005, 12:31 pm

Why would you want to fight G-Akiha? It's just a pain in the ass. Jump-attack, jump-attack until you have blood heat and then do final arc.

Holding shield and selecting arcade mode and then selecting any character should let you fight G.Akiha. There is no unlock patch for Final Tuned (I think).

If you really want to fight G.Akiha there is always the choice to play story mode :)

Lose to Sion, win vs Akiha and win all matches from thereon.
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Divine Arc » April 9th, 2006, 8:35 pm

I have a problem and I just wanted to say if anyone think they can please me out on this one
Divine Arc
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat